Reader’s Corner

youngdeb

My most recent read was “28 Summers” by Elin Hilderbrand

View attachment 789473

This book takes place over the course of 28 years (hence the name). It is about Mallory, a teacher who lives on Nantucket year-round, and Jake, her older brother’s close friend. The two meet when Jake comes to Nantucket over Labor Day weekend for Mallory’s brother’s bachelor party, and they quickly develop feelings for each other. They do not want to start a long-distance relationship, so they make a pact to spend each Labor Day weekend together on Nantucket, no matter what.

Over the course of the book, you see them change and age, and deal with the ups and downs of life, but one thing that stays the same is their annual Labor Day weekend affair. This was a good read - perfect to start out the summer - and I’ve already grabbed another of the author’s books to read next!
This one was excellent. I really enjoyed Five Star Weekend as well!

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Book #21 for this year was “The Hotel Nantucket” by Elin Hilderbrand

IMG_9288.jpeg

I had previously read “28 Summers,” and I have to say, I preferred “The Hotel Nantucket!” This one was about the staff of a hotel, which has recently been renovated and re-opened. The hotel had developed a bad reputation after a maid had died in a fire at the hotel when she had been trapped in a closet. The maid haunted the hotel for decades afterwards, causing all sorts of problems, and scaring off guests. It was a bit tricky to remember all of the characters (there were a LOT of them!), but overall I really enjoyed this one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom