Re-Do a Retheme!

CookieMouse

Yeah gut the theaters and put in a walkthrough attraction retelling the story of beauty and the beast with the help of stunning practical effects, projections, fiberoptics and mechanical figures to bring the tale as old as time to life in a way you’ve never seen before

MickeyMouse10

t1.jpg

Re-Do: Tomorrowland Speedway

Tron Light Runners
----- (race track, similar to speedway)
----- (My first plan would be to demo the whole thing and add in 3 or 4 attractions. But if we have to stick with the original plan and do just a retheme for Speedway, I’d go with something futuristic. Classic Cars from the 1960’s doesn’t fit the theming for Tomorrowland. With Lightcycles and Space Mountain as it’s background the attraction should be either more alien or more futuristic looking. I’d go with the latter because it seems to matchup best, especially at night when each of the Tron attractions are lit up.)

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

Bonus Re-Do: Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe

End of line Club
----- (quick service and bar, similar to space 220)
----- (Watch the races from a large window in the main room, and listen to tunes performed by the club’s famous masked DJ’s.)

Last edited:

Goofy Ninja

Yep, Disney could use their space much better with a massive Tomorrowland demo. Even in back of main street could be used in the future. Since it looks like my theater isn't going to be done. Oh gawrsh!

MickeyMouse10

Re-Do: Astro Orbiter

The Flying Saucers
----- (aerial carousel, similar to Kang and Kodos’)
----- (Since I would retheme the entrance area to Aliens, the legendary rockets would have to go. In it’s place would be more comfortable vehicles that don’t smush your cahones. Plus it could be a longer, more relaxing ride because the passengers aren’t getting sick and puking over the side.)

Last edited:

PrinceCharming617

Yeah gut the theaters and put in a walkthrough attraction retelling the story of beauty and the beast with the help of stunning practical effects, projections, fiberoptics and mechanical figures to bring the tale as old as time to life in a way you’ve never seen before

It would be cool to get a trackless like the one they got in one of the Asian parks. I'm too flakey to remember which one it was, but it was pretty rad.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
drag and drop mickeys runaway railway in Hollywood studios somewhere else. ANYWHERE else than the great movie ride. Maybe you could update it, make better animatronics/newer scenes, and take out the narrators (even if it is an important staple of the ride's awesomeness, we still need more efficiency, which is why the ride closed.
I honestly think losing GMR is the biggest theme park loss of all time, and that’s even with Mickey actually being a good ride probably more so than all of the classic EPCOT rides, though, in fairness, I never got to ride them.

Hopefully the replace, replace, replace mentality is over, as it has had an outsized effect on preventing WDW from improving. Fortunately, it seems to at least based on Iger’s statement recently about expanding park capacity.

Last edited:

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Realistically that would not happen as olc has a exclusivity contract to their unique rides, plus there wouldnt be enough space for a trackless dark ride. Even then I still love our pooh ride
There was a 22 year gap between Splash Mountain opening and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Imagine if we got a variation of Pooh’s Hunny Hunt (or better yet, Indiana Jones Adventure), kept and updated Mr. Toad, Snow White, and 20K, had Alien Encounter today themed to Alien with a 13+ age restriction, got an equal Pirates to Disneyland, and put New Fantasyland on the Tomorrowland Speedway alongside a pushed back railroad.

How different the park would feel.

MickeyMouse10

E0AnM6IUcAINnPH.jpg

Re-Do: Stitch's Great Escape!

Stitch 626
----- (dark ride, similar to journey into imagination)
----- (It makes more sense to have a dark ride here. Rather than another show, there’s one across the way. I figured a dark ride with the mischievous alien would be very suitable. It could be this park’s version of journey, where the star of the attraction creates nothing, but chaos for everyone around them. There could even be loads of other aliens from the movie, who try to find him throughout.)

MickeyMouse10

sonny-eclipse-cosmic-rays.jpg

Re-Do: Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

Sonny Eclipse’s Fantastic intergalactic Revue
----- (stageshow, similar to country bears)
----- (This ones from the never built section of Disney’s filing cabinet (Plectu’s). I decided to go with Sonny Eclipse for this version of the attraction. He would serve as the space host of the show. Much like their Frontierland bear brethren the rest of the crew would also consists of animatronic characters as well. In this case it would be aliens who’ve made their home in Tomorrowland. In the show they would sing funny space themed songs in a rock n roll style.)

Last edited:

oogie boogie man

sonny-eclipse-cosmic-rays.jpg

Re-Do: Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

Sonny Eclipse’s Fantastic intergalactic Revue
----- (stageshow, similar to country bears)
----- (This ones from the never built section of Disney’s filing cabinet (Plectu’s). I decided to go with Sonny Eclipse for this version of the attraction. He would serve as the space host of the show. Much like their Frontierland bear brethren the rest of the crew would also consists of animatronic characters as well. In this case it would be aliens who’ve made their home in Tomorrowland. In the show they would sing funny space themed songs in a rock n roll style.)

Yes, this! I'd love to watch an animatronics alien show. It sounds like a lot of fun. It may sound unconventional, but attractions like Country Bear are awesome, even though they probably would not be built today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom