Re-Do a Retheme!

MickeyMouse10

Re-Do: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Alice in Wonderland
----- (dark ride, similar to original version)
----- (Rather than the lovable fat bear, I would have went with the more appropriate Alice. Given it’s proximity to Mad Tea Party and Cheshire Cafe it seems like a more natural fit for the area. Plus the story seems to lend itself better to Fantasyland’s overall theming.)

Last edited:

Riviera Rita

I just thought of another one.... This is for Disneyland.

The Guardians of the Galaxy have always been a weird fit to me for the Tower of Terror. I would think a weird deranged Dr. Strange Ride would fit better, and it could still be a terrifying creepy attraction. It could look like some kinda Lost Sanctum or temple and instead of the screens they could build it up a bit and utilize an illusion similar to a Vekoma Mad House (look up Houdini's Great Escape at Six Flags Great Adventure/New England or Hex The Legend of the towers at Alton Towers) to create the mirror verse.

Also Star Tours kinda bothers me because the continuity is all snarled and it looks like its the future but its the past but its also the future and RX is recalled but he hasn't flown yet and if that all can be jammed into one ride just make one of the four simulator pods the original ride just for fun.
I like GoTG at Disneyland.

PrinceCharming617

But Ant Man and the Wasp has all the same excitement as scanning barcodes at self checkout!! Do you not understand that??? Do you not get the wonders of the self checkout barcode Scan-boree?

Yeah that sounds like loads of fun.

Plus the interior for the ride is awesome! You got to love the abandoned factory look this and the new Spiderman ride have. Where there's nothing, but blank walls and screens.

TomboyJanet

Original Poster
Yeah that sounds like loads of fun.

Plus the interior for the ride is awesome! You got to love the abandoned factory look this and the new Spiderman ride have. Where there's nothing, but blank walls and screens.
Abandoned factories, Military bases, High School Cafeterias, these are all the fantasy places we always wanted to visit!

TomboyJanet

Original Poster
You remember the Superman kiddie ride by Target? That got me to watch the show it was based on... and how I discovered Corey Burton and Lance Henriksen!
I remember the fake rollercoaster in the food court, and there were support beams in between the rails so it wouldn't even work!

MickeyMouse10

Re-Do: The Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini

Casey Jr. Circus Train
----- (kiddie coaster, similar to barnstormer)
----- (I always felt like Mickey and his friends just don’t belong in Storybook Circus. This section seems like it should just be for Dumbo and his friends. It’s weird to have anthropomorphic animals (mice, ducks and dogs), which are over 5 feet tall in an area with Dumbo and Timothy the Mouse. Casey Jr fits better with the story of the land and would provide a better soundtrack for the attraction.)

comics101

I just thought of another one.... This is for Disneyland.

The Guardians of the Galaxy have always been a weird fit to me for the Tower of Terror. I would think a weird deranged Dr. Strange Ride would fit better, and it could still be a terrifying creepy attraction. It could look like some kinda Lost Sanctum or temple and instead of the screens they could build it up a bit and utilize an illusion similar to a Vekoma Mad House (look up Houdini's Great Escape at Six Flags Great Adventure/New England or Hex The Legend of the towers at Alton Towers) to create the mirror verse.

Also Star Tours kinda bothers me because the continuity is all snarled and it looks like its the future but its the past but its also the future and RX is recalled but he hasn't flown yet and if that all can be jammed into one ride just make one of the four simulator pods the original ride just for fun.

Always thought that the Star Tours redo would have worked better if guests were given the opportunity to pick their era/destination. There are six simulators, so that means 2 sims for Prequels, 2 for the originals, and 2 for the sequels. The randomization for scenes can still exist, but are dependent upon which trilogy you choose to ride in.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Re-Do: Star Tours (Disney's Hollywood Studios)
While Star Tours relocating to Galaxy Edge.

Toontown Transit
(simulator)
Which will be part of new Toontown section.
"Join Roger Rabbit as our driver host to take a wild ride on a tour to Toontown as the guests inside Gus the Bus, a Toontown city bus, when things will go wrong, meeting Benny the Cab as Roger blasts into the bus ceiling with Roger's shaped ceiling, almost swallow by Monstro the Whale, and saving Jessica Rabbit from burning fireworks factory, until firework rocket into the roof as go up into outer space and falling back to Toontown as crashing landing."

MickeyMouse10

Re-Do: Star Tours (Disney's Hollywood Studios)
While Star Tours relocating to Galaxy Edge.

Toontown Transit
(simulator)
Which will be part of new Toontown section.
"Join Roger Rabbit as our driver host to take a wild ride on a tour to Toontown as the guests inside Gus the Bus, a Toontown city bus, when things will go wrong, meeting Benny the Cab as Roger blasts into the bus ceiling with Roger's shaped ceiling, almost swallow by Monstro the Whale, and saving Jessica Rabbit from burning fireworks factory, until firework rocket into the roof as go up into outer space and falling back to Toontown as crashing landing."

Sounds good, but I think you've met your Roger Rabbit quota. :D

CookieMouse

Re do of: buzz lightyears space ranger spin, updated to buzz lightyears astro blasters.
Pretty straightforward. I love srs, and despite the fixed canons i see it as the best version of buzz shooting rides outsidneof maybe planet rescue due to the larger showscenes, and how planet z is before zurgs lair, not after which i prefer as it never made sense to go from zurg to planet z, and the star tunnel made a lot more sense as an escape route. However, if i were to update it i would give it cars fit with new wired blasters, updated animatronics and projections, and more decoration in the queue to make up for the barren walls put in place due to rereouting. I would also change zurgs voice to the one in later versions. Just quality of life changes

TomboyJanet

Original Poster
Re do of: buzz lightyears space ranger spin, updated to buzz lightyears astro blasters.
Pretty straightforward. I love srs, and despite the fixed canons i see it as the best version of buzz shooting rides outsidneof maybe planet rescue due to the larger showscenes, and how planet z is before zurgs lair, not after which i prefer as it never made sense to go from zurg to planet z, and the star tunnel made a lot more sense as an escape route. However, if i were to update it i would give it cars fit with new wired blasters, updated animatronics and projections, and more decoration in the queue to make up for the barren walls put in place due to rereouting. I would also change zurgs voice to the one in later versions. Just quality of life changes
Oh man I was trying to use those fixed stationary blasters after years of wired ones in other parks from Disneyland Paris to Disneyland to Six Flags To Lake Compounce, and I was the WORST! It's like how Millenium Falcon aims with the movement of the vehicle instead of the gun which always annoyed me. Also if the light isn't bright enough I have no idea what's going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom