Raya and the Last Dragon

Giss Neric

Trailer looks great. I'm not yet sold completely though. I'm not yet also sure if I'm watching this in theaters or just pay 30 bucks to stream it.

I was expecting the dragon was inside her all along and it's her spirit or something. Well, they need merchandise after all.

Animaniac93-98

Trailer looks great. I'm not yet sold completely though. I'm not yet also sure if I'm watching this in theaters or just pay 30 bucks to stream it.

I was expecting the dragon was inside her all along and it's her spirit or something. Well, they need merchandise after all.

Same. "Disney Princess who can turn into a dragon" sounded like a good marketing advantage over the other girls.

NateD1226

Disney Animation is releasing a short titled Us Again which will play in front of Raya in March and then be released on Disney+ in June!

Written and directed by Big Hero 6's head of animation, Zach Parrish, Us Again tells the story of an elderly man named Art and his young-at-heart wife Dot who rekindle their zest for life through dance one magical night. The short has no dialogue and is told entirely through dance and a funk- and soul-infused score, composed by Captain Marvel's Pinar Toprak.

1613409472147.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
"And it gets even sweeter! As a Disney Parks Blog exclusive debut, here is a “foodie inspired” clip from the new film introducing Boun, the self-styled “owner, manager, chef, and captain” of his boat, the Shrimporium."

Giss Neric

Sisu (the last dragon) reminds me so much of Genie. I really do hope her jokes lands really well. Been seeing very positive reviews so far but let's see.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Soundtrack dropped...

NateD1226

Raya and the Last Dragon debuts with at 98% on Rotten Tomatoes with 47 reviews (and counting)

Magenta Panther

-Ancient warriors
-Sacred temples
-Mythical creatures
-Jokes about school grades and group projects

One of these things is not like the others...

Plus the plot seems to be a mash-up of Kung Fu Panda, Avatar the Last Airbender, The Dark Crystal, Inuyasha, Dragonheart, etc. etc. etc. - in other words, it's not original in the least. It's just a mess of pieces from multiple puzzles forced together to try to form a new fantasy world. Snore.

Plus, at one point in the movie, the dragon actually says:

"WHO'S YOUR DRAGON?"

🤮

Disney Analyst

Raya and the Last Dragon debuts with at 98% on Rotten Tomatoes with 47 reviews (and counting)

So happy for them:

Darkprime

Advertising campaign seems to have started a bit late at least where I live. Only just started seeing tv spots yesterday and its out on Friday. Strange. Still getting used to seeing the premier access logo on these spots to. How times have changed eh.

CaptainAmerica

Plus the plot seems to be a mash-up of Kung Fu Panda, Avatar the Last Airbender, The Dark Crystal, Inuyasha, Dragonheart, etc. etc. etc. - in other words, it's not original in the least. It's just a mess of pieces from multiple puzzles forced together to try to form a new fantasy world. Snore.

Plus, at one point in the movie, the dragon actually says:

"WHO'S YOUR DRAGON?"

🤮
Not nearly as cringe as Maui's "tweeting" joke, and I really love Moana.

Plus, you can argue that a lot of Genie's impressions in Aladdin are out of place, too.

Brer Panther

Not nearly as cringe as Maui's "tweeting" joke, and I really love Moana.

Plus, you can argue that a lot of Genie's impressions in Aladdin are out of place, too.
Well, with Genie you could at least say that he can travel through time ("You're never gonna find another girl like that in a million years. Believe me, I know. I've looked." or whatever the line is). The dragon and Maui don't have the same excuse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom