Ratatouille in Epcot

Captain Neo

Looks like Fitz is well on his way to restoring Epcot to it's former glory!

I'm not surprised as the ride uses a lot of projections and was developed by Tom so he's naturally going to be pushing to clone his own baby.

If this does get built don't expect anything else to happen at Epcot for at least a decade. Disney will just keep hyping this and Soarin' 2.0 as examples of "constantly refreshing the park" for as long as they possibly can. They are still hyping Expedition Everest as a brand new attraction in radio ads in Southwest FL.

Last edited:

Captain Neo

If they are going to start loading the parks up with characters and tie-ins they might as well go all the way and have Star Wars rides in Future World and get the license from Universal to have Hulk and Silver Surfer meet and greets under Spaceship Earth.

I hate how they pretend to give a s*** about Epcot Center's roots and theme on one hand and then just slowly replace unique attractions with character rides with the other. It's insulting to fans to try and have it both ways Disney.

HTF

I've heard rumbles of a few projects potentially being green lit for Epcot and DHS to start construction as soon as FY2015. The idea behind the France Pavilion receiving the attraction is to build upon the world showcase and it's offerings, F&B sales, and crowd distribution in the AM and early afternoon.

Epcot in General is your food and beverage capital, it's primary duty to the suits is to produce net profits through ridiculous margins on said F&B. So one idea is to get families into the World Showcase at rope drop via new attraction(s), new breakfast offerings, and earlier entertainment.

Long term though it seems that it's very possible we see Epcot get some much needed TLC. Soarin 2.0, Ratatouille, an update to Illuminations, and a Future World cosmetic update may come to make an effort to rebrand the long neglected cash cow that is Epcot. AKA Harry Potter has got them worried...

Also FWIW, I'm merely sharing what I've overheard in a impromptu conversation. I'm not trying to create waves here as I'm known for being on the Universal side of things but rather spark conversation. For those who may of read my material elsewhere they will tell you I'm not always right but I could care less if I am or not. I'm more interested in getting the creative juices flowing and having fun.

Gregoryp73

So while I like the idea of EPCOT getting love, I really wish they would focus on fixing the eyesores they have rather than adding buildings and plugging in movie characters.

I have no doubt that if they put in a Pixar based ride in the French Pavillion that it would be successful. But it's another nail in the cartoonified coffin of a once intelligent and fantastic park.

Gregoryp73

If they are going to start loading the parks up with characters and tie-ins they might as well go all the way and have Star Wars rides in Future World and get the license from Universal to have Hulk and Silver Surfer meet and greets under Spaceship Earth.

I hate how they pretend to give a s*** about Epcot Center's roots and theme on one hand and then just slowly replace unique attractions with character rides with the other. It's insulting to fans to try and have it both ways Disney.

Actually Star Wars is set....a long long time ago, so it would have no place in future world ;)

Captain Neo

Actually Star Wars is set....a long long time ago, so it would have no place in future world ;)

The "A Long, long time ago" is to frame it as happening along time ago in the Star Wars galaxy not ours lol. The idea is that a Skywalker descendent or droid is telling the history of Luke's adventures against the Empire. If anything it is our far future.

Next Big Thing

I've heard rumbles of a few projects potentially being green lit for Epcot and DHS to start construction as soon as FY2015. The idea behind the France Pavilion receiving the attraction is to build upon the world showcase and it's offerings, F&B sales, and crowd distribution in the AM and early afternoon.

Epcot in General is your food and beverage capital, it's primary duty to the suits is to produce net profits through ridiculous margins on said F&B. So one idea is to get families into the World Showcase at rope drop via new attraction(s), new breakfast offerings, and earlier entertainment.

Long term though it seems that it's very possible we see Epcot get some much needed TLC. Soarin 2.0, Ratatouille, an update to Illuminations, and a Future World cosmetic update may come to make an effort to rebrand the long neglected cash cow that is Epcot. AKA Harry Potter has got them worried...

Also FWIW, I'm merely sharing what I've overheard in a impromptu conversation. I'm not trying to create waves here as I'm known for being on the Universal side of things but rather spark conversation. For those who may of read my material elsewhere they will tell you I'm not always right but I could care less if I am or not. I'm more interested in getting the creative juices flowing and having fun.
What have you heard of for DHS that could start construction FY2015? Star Wars or something else?

MarkTwain

They pretend to care about EPCOT Center's legacy for merchandise and events (where they can sell more merchandise), and they care about their own franchise-pushing agendas for just about everything else.

LaunchPadMcQuack

Any new attractions at Epcot would be welcomed. We consider skipping it on most our trips due to the lack of things to do there.

We are early birds and like doing parks during the morning EMHs. It takes 1 hour to do Soarin', Test Track and Finding Nemo. We're then stuck waiting till 11:00 for the WS to open.

I think that Ratatouille in France and Frozen in Norway would be great additions to Epcot. They would serve to help make learning about the cultures more entertaining for children which IMHO is in line with the vision of Epcot.

Hopefully these attractions would open before the rest of the WS.

danv3

Another attraction in France would be better than nothing in WS, but I think I'd rather see attractions in the pavilions that currently have none (e.g. Germany and Japan). But I suppose taking a previously imagineered attraction from another park is much easier.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Thanks for dropping in with this rumor. It has certainly given us something to talk about. The 37 threads about Mine Train were getting old. Everything you heard about EPCOT makes a lot of sense. Assuming the full rat experience comes to the France pavilion I could definitely see a 9am opening time with a character breakfast at the new restaurant. That would be a big money maker. Any word about Imagination getting a makeover? It really is a wasted space at this point.

Kman101

France already opens at 9, so it makes sense to add a ride there.

I'm just happy to hear that Future World cosmetic updates are rumored to be in the plan. They can't ignore that area.

Also encouraged they could be greenlit for next year. If that happens that tells me they FINALLY realize things need to get moving. Let's hope they follow through.

asianway

France already opens at 9, so it makes sense to add a ride there.

I'm just happy to hear that Future World cosmetic updates are rumored to be in the plan. They can't ignore that area.

Also encouraged they could be greenlit for next year. If that happens that tells me they FINALLY realize things need to get moving. Let's hope they follow through.
When did that happen? The rope is usually at the bridge before France

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom