• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Ratatouille confirmed for Epcot

QUOTE="danlb_2000, post: 7968920, member: 66039"]he Eiffel Tower is in a slightly different location in the concept art then where it is now.[/QUOTE]
I noticed that, too. It looks out of place in the concept art, but maybe from the ground it will be a different/ better view.

Update- saw Marni’s post. Now I understand :happy:

Last edited:
Advertisement
I met a couple from France on my Thanksgiving trip to EPCOT and they raved about Ratatouille. This is a great addition to Epcot. The ride adds to the France area without detracting from what makes France so awesome....food and wine

EricsBiscuit

Now I have a thought, since Brazil won't have an attraction, could they squeeze it into the remainder of this expansion pad? There are downsides for example if they did want an attraction they would have to do the Indy in DL treatment. But I think it's an interesting idea.

sedati

Now I have a thought, since Brazil won't have an attraction, could they squeeze it into the remainder of this expansion pad? There are downsides for example if they did want an attraction they would have to do the Indy in DL treatment. But I think it's an interesting idea.
I think if you split a pavilion so part of it sits across the promenade on the waterfront (like UK, Morocco, and Mexico) you could use what's left of that pad and still get good amount of land for new country.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Is Impressions de France (the theater) still there in the recently released plans?
The theater is, yes. Nothing about it has to change for Rat. But that doesn't mean they still won't update the movie in some way for some other reason.
Right now a “new” France film is pencilled for 2020. This has only appeared quite recently so what the scope of it is I don’t know.

I have recently had IDF covered in the best possible quality for posterity just in case ;)

Right now a “new” France film is pencilled for 2020. This has only appeared quite recently so what the scope of it is I don’t know.

I have recently had IDF covered in the best possible quality for posterity just in case ;)
Thanks both. I’ll miss Impressions de France if and when they change it.

jmuboy

I think if you split a pavilion so part of it sits across the promenade on the waterfront (like UK, Morocco, and Mexico) you could use what's left of that pad and still get good amount of land for new country.
PLEASE NO! No more clutter on the lagoon side blocking up views!
Maybe they could do this if Spice Road Table was removed to open up lagoon views across from Morocco in exchange for Brazil blocking the views a little ways down. I just hate to see the lagoon closed off from the promenade anymore than it has. Spice Rd Table is such a dead area for all the work that went into it. Who thought that menu (a 3rd in Morocco with a Mediterranean menu) would work or drive business. Its never busy.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Maybe they could do this if Spice Road Table was removed to open up lagoon views across from Morocco in exchange for Brazil blocking the views a little ways down. I just hate to see the lagoon closed off from the promenade anymore than it has. Spice Rd Table is such a dead area for all the work that went into it. Who thought that menu (a 3rd in Morocco with a Mediterranean menu) would work or drive business. Its never busy.
Amen.

Spice Rd Table is such a dead area for all the work that went into it. Who thought that menu (a 3rd in Morocco with a Mediterranean menu) would work or drive business. Its never busy.
Completely disagree. Food is delicious. Whenever I’m there it is very busy.

I met a couple from France on my Thanksgiving trip to EPCOT and they raved about Ratatouille. This is a great addition to Epcot. The ride adds to the France area without detracting from what makes France so awesome....food and wine
I'm sorry to be a Debbie Downer but temper your enthusiasm for the ride if it is an exact copy from DLP. The expansion of the France pavilion is nice, and more rides in WS are welcome. This one does fit in perfectly, just not a ride to get too excited about. I went to DLP at Thanksgiving and was excited to experience the ride, but not overly so. I was mildly disappointed. It isn't a bad ride and I was entertained, but nothing memorable. And Ratatouille is one of my favorite Pixar movies. Just my impression.

Last edited:

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
I'm sorry to be a Debbie Downer but temper your enthusiasm for the ride if it is an exact copy from DLP. The expansion of the France pavilion is nice, and more rides in WS are welcome. This one does fit in perfectly, just not a ride to get too excited about. I went to DLP at Thanksgiving and was excited to experience the ride, but not overly so. I was mildly disappointed. It isn't a bad ride and I was entertained, but nothing memorable. And Ratatouille is one of my favorite Pixar movies. Just my impression.
Consensus from WDSP guests is exactly that. Nice ride but not great. It consistently scores better than average but rarely hits E ticket territory.

I'll be completely honest, I use Impressions de France as a go-to nap after walking from Mexico to that side... With that said, for that particular reason, I do hope it doesn't go anywhere. Because Epcot really needs that nap-attraction. They got rid of Energy in Future World so now I have to use Circle of Life, which sometimes isn't air-conditioned. :/

Before anyone says - "Go back to the hotel room if you want to sleep." ..No. Epcot is a gigantic park. Especially in August when I go. I don't want to go to the hotel to take a 20 minute power nap to take a bus ride back to Epcot if I only have one day there. Sorry. d:

wdwgreek

Tapas menus are always a hard push for a mass market. Everytime I've been there it's been empty for the most part, although the food is very good. Great light lunch place.