News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
PLEASE NO! No more clutter on the lagoon side blocking up views!
Maybe they could do this if Spice Road Table was removed to open up lagoon views across from Morocco in exchange for Brazil blocking the views a little ways down. I just hate to see the lagoon closed off from the promenade anymore than it has. Spice Rd Table is such a dead area for all the work that went into it. Who thought that menu (a 3rd in Morocco with a Mediterranean menu) would work or drive business. Its never busy.
Amen.

Cake

Spice Rd Table is such a dead area for all the work that went into it. Who thought that menu (a 3rd in Morocco with a Mediterranean menu) would work or drive business. Its never busy.

Completely disagree. Food is delicious. Whenever I’m there it is very busy.

voodoo321

I met a couple from France on my Thanksgiving trip to EPCOT and they raved about Ratatouille. This is a great addition to Epcot. The ride adds to the France area without detracting from what makes France so awesome....food and wine
I'm sorry to be a Debbie Downer but temper your enthusiasm for the ride if it is an exact copy from DLP. The expansion of the France pavilion is nice, and more rides in WS are welcome. This one does fit in perfectly, just not a ride to get too excited about. I went to DLP at Thanksgiving and was excited to experience the ride, but not overly so. I was mildly disappointed. It isn't a bad ride and I was entertained, but nothing memorable. And Ratatouille is one of my favorite Pixar movies. Just my impression.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sorry to be a Debbie Downer but temper your enthusiasm for the ride if it is an exact copy from DLP. The expansion of the France pavilion is nice, and more rides in WS are welcome. This one does fit in perfectly, just not a ride to get too excited about. I went to DLP at Thanksgiving and was excited to experience the ride, but not overly so. I was mildly disappointed. It isn't a bad ride and I was entertained, but nothing memorable. And Ratatouille is one of my favorite Pixar movies. Just my impression.
Consensus from WDSP guests is exactly that. Nice ride but not great. It consistently scores better than average but rarely hits E ticket territory.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'll be completely honest, I use Impressions de France as a go-to nap after walking from Mexico to that side... With that said, for that particular reason, I do hope it doesn't go anywhere. Because Epcot really needs that nap-attraction. They got rid of Energy in Future World so now I have to use Circle of Life, which sometimes isn't air-conditioned. :/

Before anyone says - "Go back to the hotel room if you want to sleep." ..No. Epcot is a gigantic park. Especially in August when I go. I don't want to go to the hotel to take a 20 minute power nap to take a bus ride back to Epcot if I only have one day there. Sorry. d:

wdwgreek

PLEASE NO! No more clutter on the lagoon side blocking up views!
Maybe they could do this if Spice Road Table was removed to open up lagoon views across from Morocco in exchange for Brazil blocking the views a little ways down. I just hate to see the lagoon closed off from the promenade anymore than it has. Spice Rd Table is such a dead area for all the work that went into it. Who thought that menu (a 3rd in Morocco with a Mediterranean menu) would work or drive business. Its never busy.

Tapas menus are always a hard push for a mass market. Everytime I've been there it's been empty for the most part, although the food is very good. Great light lunch place.

MotherOfBirds

I wonder how The Mouse expects pricey table service restaurants in Epcot to succeed when guests are never more than 6 feet from a festival food kiosk.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'll be completely honest, I use Impressions de France as a go-to nap after walking from Mexico to that side... With that said, for that particular reason, I do hope it doesn't go anywhere. Because Epcot really needs that nap-attraction. They got rid of Energy in Future World so now I have to use Circle of Life, which sometimes isn't air-conditioned. :/

Before anyone says - "Go back to the hotel room if you want to sleep." ..No. Epcot is a gigantic park. Especially in August when I go. I don't want to go to the hotel to take a 20 minute power nap to take a bus ride back to Epcot if I only have one day there. Sorry. d:

Have you tried the American Napventure?

I once tried to stay awake through it. I failed.

MotherOfBirds

Probably how they have been succeeding for the past 27 years since the Food and Wine Festival started...

The F&W also didn't run anywhere near as long as it does now. F&G also didn't previously have food kiosks. And now there's the Holiday Festival kiosks. And Festival of the Arts.

MotherOfBirds

I'm sure that those restaurants are going to be just fine... :rolleyes:

Not the point. They have been expanding table service offerings in step with food at festivals. I'm pretty sure I get more paid time off from work than Epcot gets off of festivals. I get that Epcot is just the resort food trough now, but the strategy is a little counter intuitive. I'm sure passholders are thrilled, though.

Movielover

Not the point. They have been expanding table service offerings in step with food at festivals. I'm pretty sure I get more paid time off from work than Epcot gets off of festivals. I get that Epcot is just the resort food trough now, but the strategy is a little counter intuitive. I'm sure passholders are thrilled, though.

Between the choice of a nice sit down restaurant with atmosphere or standing in line to get finger food I'm going to have to pick the restaurants. Again I think their going to be ok!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The restaurants get great business when there's a dining package for the entertainment that accompanies a lot of the festivals. Also, they wind up being the cheaper option for a full meal compared to the cost of all those tiny apps to fill you up. Also, they're the go-to place to eat whenever the weather is bad (too hot or raining). And they provide something that the kiosks mostly fail to provide: seating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom