Rat ride pov video

kap91

I was stunned at how little effort was put into blending the animation and the physical sets./floor. Particularly the scenes with the black and white tile floor animation. How it just chops off at the floor is distracting. And I am not sure how much I care for the parts where several ride vehicles stop side by side to clearly watch a movie.

I think both Spider-man and Transformers do this trick better. That said, it looks like a fun ride and I think it will be popular.
I'm hoping that the camera was at a high angle therefore making the floors visible. The floors in transformers and Spider-Man are largely not visible when seated in the vehicle.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I really don't think you can judge this from a video. It is obviously all about the 3D, and in person this may well blend together with the sets a lot better than it appears to on this video. Gonna have to ride this one to see.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Toy Story Mania?? Yet that doesn't stop the common stigma that it's just 'a video game'

BTW... I love TSMM :)

DinoInstitute

I really don't think you can judge this from a video. It is obviously all about the 3D, and in person this may well blend together with the sets a lot better than it appears to on this video. Gonna have to ride this one to see.
I completely agree, and actually was just thinking that. Depending on how well the 3D effect is it could feel pretty cool. Probably not as top notch as Spidy or Transfmrs, but still neat.
But it would still be a mediocre attraction compared to what a previous generation of Imagineers did at TDL a decade ago. If they're going to add this to WDW, they need to kick it up a couple notches, like how Splash in the MK is significantly better than the original in DL.
I think this is what would happen, and it makes sense. See the problems and how guests react, then when adding it make enhancement to up the experience. Most likely just screen camouflaging and some vehicle movement.

Perhaps that was their plan all along, test it out at their "crappy park" before they bring it to us!;)

tirian

I think this is what would happen, and it makes sense. See the problems and how guests react, then when adding it make enhancement to up the experience. Most likely just screen camouflaging and some vehicle movement.

Perhaps that was their plan all along, test it out at their "crappy park" before they bring it to us!;)

I don't think that's the plan, but they certainly improved the show buildings for TSMM and TLM. The attractions themselves, however, are identical.

Although I'd love to see a "kicked up" version come to the Studios (not Epcot!), I'd rather see the tech applied to Imagination, since the show building is already there and Figment is popular enough within the parks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's another video ride through.. In this one you can see the eyeball effects in the one refridgerator segment, and the stove effects in the ceiling. You can also get some ideas where there might be some 4D effects

I still can't figure out why we go from the angry chef chasing us.. to suddenly it's the rat kitchen and they are in charge. Continuity seems lacking there

JT3000

I didn't realize SeaWorld had a French park. Hmm...

Disneyland Paris ought to open a new E-ticket and show them how it's done.

What's that? This is Disney? Oh. That's... unfortunate.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Here's another video ride through.. In this one you can see the eyeball effects in the one refridgerator segment, and the stove effects in the ceiling. You can also get some ideas where there might be some 4D effects

I still can't figure out why we go from the angry chef chasing us.. to suddenly it's the rat kitchen and they are in charge. Continuity seems lacking there

Look at that!! Look! On the thumbnail of the video on the vehicles, there is a seperation between the rat and the base!! Now, I am no engineer and have no clue what its purpose is, but could it be for some motion that they just havn't turned on for the soft openings??

Trekkie101

Theres motion.

It tilts when going through the windows. It bounces along the passage ways when in the walls of the restaurant. It climbs and it slides. Its not "Spiderman" level movement, but its aimed at a far lower age.

There are smells in just about every scene and depending on which Rat your in, i.e. the one closest to oranges smell orange.

There are water effects that aren't evident in the videos.

The fridge is cold. The cooker is hot.

The trackless motion is an absolute dream, all the dark rides/pirates feel abrasive once you've ridden.

The rat mobiles are the same system as Mystic Manor just newer and a tad more technology for motion. The entire ride it lightly bounces to simulate running as a mouse (well when theres movement).

Inside theres huge giant props. You learn quickly in the ride that your attention is almost always up.

The individual screens are wonderful and fully immersive as you get movement, scent, texture and visual.

The shared screens are a little worse, i.e. the black bit. However DLP were quite honest in saying the programmers have all Monday looking at that. The problem being, the screen is massive and the 3D goes if your a bit too close. Secondly depending on which car your in, the image is different slightly - which is an impressive feat.

The story is basically entering through the rooftops on preshow with Gusteau/load onto the rat, back to the rooftops, you fall into a working kitchen, you follow remy, who leads you through the parts/dining area - before scurrying back up the walls to the Chez de Remy - his own restaurant, and you unload staring into the Chez de Remy restaurant in DLP with live people eating.

Oddly from the restaurant you can't see the ride.

Personally I think its a very strong eticket, possibly the strongest young family e-ticket.

The food in Chez de Remy is fantastic, dessert is especially good. Place de remy is the best theming in DLP and it certainly holds well as an expansion to WDS.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
What's with the huge plates in the resturant? Are you supposed to be rat sized? Or is it Disney Value Resorts meets DLP?

Bairstow

Theres motion.

It tilts when going through the windows. It bounces along the passage ways when in the walls of the restaurant. It climbs and it slides. Its not "Spiderman" level movement, but its aimed at a far lower age.

There are smells in just about every scene and depending on which Rat your in, i.e. the one closest to oranges smell orange.

There are water effects that aren't evident in the videos.

The fridge is cold. The cooker is hot.

The trackless motion is an absolute dream, all the dark rides/pirates feel abrasive once you've ridden.

The rat mobiles are the same system as Mystic Manor just newer and a tad more technology for motion. The entire ride it lightly bounces to simulate running as a mouse (well when theres movement).

Inside theres huge giant props. You learn quickly in the ride that your attention is almost always up.

The individual screens are wonderful and fully immersive as you get movement, scent, texture and visual.

The shared screens are a little worse, i.e. the black bit. However DLP were quite honest in saying the programmers have all Monday looking at that. The problem being, the screen is massive and the 3D goes if your a bit too close. Secondly depending on which car your in, the image is different slightly - which is an impressive feat.

The story is basically entering through the rooftops on preshow with Gusteau/load onto the rat, back to the rooftops, you fall into a working kitchen, you follow remy, who leads you through the parts/dining area - before scurrying back up the walls to the Chez de Remy - his own restaurant, and you unload staring into the Chez de Remy restaurant in DLP with live people eating.

Oddly from the restaurant you can't see the ride.

Personally I think its a very strong eticket, possibly the strongest young family e-ticket.

The food in Chez de Remy is fantastic, dessert is especially good. Place de remy is the best theming in DLP and it certainly holds well as an expansion to WDS.

Thanks for the details. The ride is sounding much more impressive, especially with regards to the scents/temperatures/"scurrying" motion.

So is there a one-way mirror into Chez Remy from the ride or some kind of scrim?

Trekkie101

What's with the huge plates in the resturant? Are you supposed to be rat sized? Or is it Disney Value Resorts meets DLP?

As I just posted above ;), you're in Chez de Remy - which in the movie is Remy's restaurant above Gusteau's. So yes, your a "Rat" eating in a "Rat restaurant". You unload off the ride basically on the entrance to the restaurant and its all you can see.

Thanks for the details. The ride is sounding much more impressive, especially with regards to the scents/temperatures/"scurrying" motion.

So is there a one-way mirror into Chez Remy from the ride or some kind of scrim?

Sort of one way mirror, when the ride went 101 and the lights were on, you could see it, any other time you need to be properly pressed up against the glass.

croboy82

I think it's a good family ride and you shouldn't judge til you ride it.

I'm excited to see it next spring. :)

Studios was in a big need of a new big ride so this will def be a big hit there!

kap91

Seeming more and more like the video doesn't do it justice. Inside the magic just posted a glowing review calling it better than transformers and they're usually pretty well-balanced there.

Link. http://www./2014/06/ratatouille-rid...rot-chez-remy-restaurant-and-new-themed-area/

'Course it's still screen based. *sigh*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom