Rat ride pov video

Castle Cake Apologist

Maybe it is just not visible in this video, but I did not see the point in utilizing the trackless vehicles.

Not having a motion base seems like a real missed opportunity.

This. I watched it and felt like I had more questions than anything in the end. What was the point of an LPS? Most of the ride seemed to consist of sitting still in front of large screens.

Also, who watched Ratatouille and decided that chasing a rat though the restaurant was the takeaway that most viewers wanted to experience? So much wasted opportunity here.

lazyboy97o

This. I watched it and felt like I had more questions than anything in the end. What was the point of an LPS? Most of the ride seemed to consist of sitting still in front of large screens.

Also, who watched Ratatouille and decided that chasing a rat though the restaurant was the takeaway that most viewers wanted to experience? So much wasted opportunity here.
The chase sequences are the most movement oriented so I understanding pretending to be a rat for the ride. What perplexes me is pretending to be a rat for the dining.

Animaniac93-98

It is still a French restaurant, just one made for rats.

Well at least for once Disney is being honest about what it thinks about its guests. ;)

But seriously, I meant "French" as in Parisian. Disney could have easily built Chefs de France 2.0, but they went for something more original. I'm fine with that given the theme of the film and its main character.

Soarin' Over Pgh

So all those hating on uni for 'relying on screens too much' are really going to hate the latest Wdi design

It's Spider-Man without the motion base or physical effects. Sure you get these oversized set pieces... Which really aren't much besides decorating the runs between screens

I think the ride is very well done. The 3D screens is a perfect match for an attraction based on Ratatouille. It looks real fun to experience in person.

Do you know what makes a great screen based ride? Wen you can easily differentiate between screen and set pieces.

I think this ride is just adorable and well done. Looking forward to seeing a little more clear video, but fwiw it's rather good. Good job, WDI!

WeLComeHomE OKW

I think this would be great in Epcot! Giving France a D ticket attraction would really help balance out that side of World Showcase. I'd prefer expanding that area with this than replacing Maelstrom with Frozen.

Bairstow

Looks pretty cool. I especially like the way this ride makes good use of the "trolley cart" ceilings to frame the screens and give a sense of scale to the rider. Screens that go all the way to the floor is a plus, too. Motion base might have been nice, but not really needed when the concept makes the rider a rat on the floor always looking up. Seems like they could have done more with the trackless concept, though- the vehicles always seem to be lined up in single-file, like in the disappointing Anatarctica ride at SeaWorld. Also, is it just me or is the vehicles' mechanical noise unusually loud?

Zero animatronics in this one, eh?
I can fully understand the need to render the humans as projections, but it would have been really cool if when you meet the other rats they're all actual animatronics. The different scale would have made the contrast believable.

Anyone know what framerate the projectors run at?

Cmdr_Crimson

Cars was a quality movie. And the Mater shorts were well done. I think people unfairly judge the original movie due to the mediocrity of the sequel.

I too thought they were done well....I also thought Planes was done pretty good even if DisneyToon Animation was doing the films it has that Pixar look to it and I am waiting for Planes: Fire & Rescue the animation looks great.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
nope
looks like a similar concept to spider man
large screens with real sets
Minus the well-imbedded screens, the moving show pieces, the motion simulation, the heat, water, and fire effects...

Overall, I'm disappointed. I was excited to see the pictures of the physical sets, but that's when I thought they would DO something.

It's no secret that I'm a Uni fan, but I still liked to rely on Disney to give me my fix for rides that integrated a lot more moving parts. I guess I was hoping for something more like Mystic Manor! Now THERE'S a theme park attraction!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom