Rat bit man at MK. Man sues. No comment from rat.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
^ That says it all right there... "Premises Liability."

That's just it... Disney will get dinged for $15k because it would probably cost that much in time and money for their lawyers to mount a defense. Though they're probably laughing... "Only $15k? LOL - pay that fool and make this go away." Unfortunately, that would mean this idiot "won" for whining. I think Disney should fight it just enough to cost the plaintiff $15k. But that's just me. 🤣
From what I understand, Disney actually fights these things a good bit.

Supposedly, the process of applying the formula and just paying off people if it was cheaper turned Disney into an ATM machine for ambulance chasers. They all knew they could have one of their paralegals file a few pieces of paper and walk away with a few grand for the trouble.

While it does cost a little more for Disney to fight, it also costs the other lawyers as well making the reward a good bit less. Disney also wins a fair amount of the more ridiculousness ones.

DisneyCane

^ That says it all right there... "Premises Liability."

That's just it... Disney will get dinged for $15k because it would probably cost that much in time and money for their lawyers to mount a defense. Though they're probably laughing... "Only $15k? LOL - pay that fool and make this go away." Unfortunately, that would mean this idiot "won" for whining. I think Disney should fight it just enough to cost the plaintiff $15k. But that's just me. 🤣
From what I understand, Disney actually fights these things a good bit.

Supposedly, the process of applying the formula and just paying off people if it was cheaper turned Disney into an ATM machine for ambulance chasers. They all knew they could have one of their paralegals file a few pieces of paper and walk away with a few grand for the trouble.

While it does cost a little more for Disney to fight, it also costs the other lawyers as well making the reward a good bit less. Disney also wins a fair amount of the more ridiculousness ones.

Walmart started doing the same several years ago. They used to just settle but it became too easy to slip in Walmart and be guaranteed a few thousand dollars (for both plaintiff and lawyer).

Disney will likely counter sue for attorney's fees. This type of suit is why many people hate lawyers. If an animal at Animal Kingdom gets out of its enclosure and injures a guest then Disney has liability and should have to pay for something that is their fault. Guaranteeing that there isn't a rodent in a theme park is not something that is reasonable and therefore there should be no liability. It's the same as if somebody gets bit by a mosquito in the Magic Kingdom and ends up with Zika virus.

DougK

The court case number is 2018-CA-002846-O : HALDEMAN, GALEN et al.vs.WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC

Count 2 (The wife's complaint): "As a result of Galen Haldeman’s injuries, Carol Haldeman has suffered the loss of support, services, comfort, society, attentions, and consortium of Galen Haldeman, and will continue to suffer those losses in the future."

Just so everyone understands the legal definition of "loss of consortium" means the wife is not getting marital companionship, love or sex from her husband due to this injury. I have a million jokes but all of them would get me banned from wdwmagic so I'll just leave this here for everyone to think about.

BoarderPhreak

Just so everyone understands the legal definition of "loss of consortium" means the wife is not getting marital companionship, love or sex from her husband due to this injury. I have a million jokes but all of them would get me banned from wdwmagic so I'll just leave this here for everyone to think about.
I don't know, I'd think he has "super rat powers" now... Y'know, like Spiderman or some ish. 🤣

trainplane3

I suppose I should've sued when I found a nice size spider in my bed as we were just getting settled in. We literally just got in our room, pulled the sheets down and bam. This was at the All Star (thanks high school band...) several years ago:
1351722885456.jpg

I think suing for "nearly turning pants brown" and "making me and the rest of my roommates scream like little girls" would be fine. I want my money now too, Disney.

But for real, it did catch us 100% off guard and we did scream very loudly. Sadly that's the only picture I have of it. I lost the full quality one somewhere but I can only find the thumbnail version now.

ElBendro

Here is the plantiff's account of the incident per his Facebook:

"Had a wonder full week/great time/then last day Got bit by a rat coming out of Buz Light Year Ride while pushing Carol in wheel chair-yes rat-Mickey's angry uncle Mortimer got me-
I have been sick since with dizzieness-shortness of breathe-no stamina-unsteady gate-poor vision and headaches.
Lost my job and can no longer drive.
BUT all in all I loved the vacation."

Just went on facebook and searched the name + disney and that was the first hit I got.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I suppose I should've sued when I found a nice size spider in my bed as we were just getting settled in. We literally just got in our room, pulled the sheets down and bam. This was at the All Star (thanks high school band...) several years ago:
View attachment 272657
I think suing for "nearly turning pants brown" and "making me and the rest of my roommates scream like little girls" would be fine. I want my money now too, Disney.

But for real, it did catch us 100% off guard and we did scream very loudly. Sadly that's the only picture I have of it. I lost the full quality one somewhere but I can only find the thumbnail version now.

that's a big guy!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's Florida boilerplate for personal injuries.

BoarderPhreak

Here is the plantiff's account of the incident per his Facebook:

"Had a wonder full week/great time/then last day Got bit by a rat coming out of Buz Light Year Ride while pushing Carol in wheel chair-yes rat-Mickey's angry uncle Mortimer got me-
I have been sick since with dizzieness-shortness of breathe-no stamina-unsteady gate-poor vision and headaches.
Lost my job and can no longer drive.
BUT all in all I loved the vacation."

Just went on facebook and searched the name + disney and that was the first hit I got.
Hahahaha... Or what we like to call, "Exhibit A." 🤣

SteamboatJoe

This area is sorta near Main Street. Perhaps it was an escapee from a yet to be announced Lady & the Tramp live action show at Tony's Town Square.

crxbrett

Seagulls, may they all go to Hades. Sitting outside eating my fish & chips from Yorkshire in WS when one of those rats with wings swoops down, grabs the piece of succulent fish in my hand I was preparing to eat, bonking me in the head in the process. I swear I heard an evil laugh as it flew off. Dang bird was lucky I didn't have a slingshot and rock or it would be floating webbed feet up in the lagoon.

Hahaha! They're wily things those seagulls, they are! How did you react when it happened? Shocked? Stunned? Angered? lol All three!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom