Rat bit man at MK. Man sues. No comment from rat.

Goofyernmost

I was reading/relaxing in Pandora Wednesday night and saw either the same rat doing laps, or multiple rats scurrying back and forth near where i was sitting. I gave up when one climbed up on the rock nearest to me. I noticed another one a few days later in Discovery Island. I'm not on the look out for em, but I do seem to be seeing rats more often than before. Either that or I was woefully unobservant and they've always been hanging out in the parks.
Did it by any chance have a bushy tail? If so that was a squirrel. A Squirrel is nothing more then a bushy tailed rat, some think they are cute as heck.

SteamboatJoe

I am starting to think I should've sued for the mental anguish I endured last year after an aggressive egret at AK ate my food at Flame Tree BBQ. Sure a custodian was there right away and got me a new meal ASAP but still.....the anguish.

The worst part of it is, my wife got a picture of the feathered bandit right before it committed it's heinous, anguish inducing crime.

20170508 l (65).JPG
If you see this bird, stay away, he/she is a jerk.

Last edited:

21stamps

I took this photo during a tour that we on last Fall... note the beginning of the 3rd paragraph.,

Maybe Disney should have all guests sign something similar ? ;)

3769211F-9A9E-4124-B007-09B43E7CA116.jpeg

crxbrett

The worst part of it is, my wife got a picture of the feathered bandit right before it committed it's heinous, anguish inducing crime.

View attachment 272569
If you see this bird, stay away, he/she is a jerk.

He looks shady for sure!

lol Your story reminded me of something I saw years ago at the beach. Some family or person had left their cooler open when they went to go swimming in the water. I just happened to be looking at their setup as I was relaxing and saw a seagull swoop down and pilfer a ziploc bag with at least 2 sandwiches in it and just fly away! LOL I just started to laugh because it was so random and funny and unexpected. Like the seagull had been patiently waiting and was waiting for them to get up and leave. I never got to see the owner's reactions when they came back, but I bet they thought a human stole the food, not ever knowing it was in fact a bird that was the thief!

Skibum1970

I was just wondering- do you think Disney is trapping more gators and to some extent they might have fed on rats? So now there may be more rats?

Gators wouldn't feed on rats unless the rats were swimming, which I don't see rats doing unless necessary (ex. sinking ship).

While walking through Tomorrowland, I had a sea gull try to take off and hit me in my stomach. He proceeded to continue trying to take off by basically flapping/crawling until he cleared my shoulder. And no, he did not continue saying, "MINE" as he did so.

Weather_Lady

Squirrels were smart enough to get agents.
View attachment 272580
Appropos of nothing, when I was a kid staying at Fort Wilderness Campground, I watched a squirrel hop up on our picnic table, sniff at a closed jar of peanut butter, and proceed to carefully unscrew the lid with his paws! He reached in and grabbed several pawfuls of peanut butter, ate them, and hopped away. I was frozen, watching in awe...my mother, who came out of the camper seconds later, didn't believe me until she looked in the jar and saw the perfect little paw-scoop imprints he'd left in the peanut butter. Whatever "harm" we suffered, I guess the statute of limitations has long run out on😉, although I always felt that if a rodent was smart enough to figure out how to unscrew a jar lid, he deserved to be rewarded with whatever was inside...

Last edited:

disney1023

I’m super curious..What exactly did you say to guest services?
Well, what happened was we made a call that night (when we got back to the resort) and sent an e-mail to the Parks and Resorts department about the incident. The next morning, we received an e-mail from Bob Capek apologizing for the incident and he gave us a number to call. We called said number and described the incident as it happened in detail to a Cast Member from Parks and Resorts. In the end, we where given the free nights and fast passes (for the entire group).

DisneyCane

There are many, many rats and other assorted vermin at the Disney parks. A keen eye will easily spot the multitude of traps around the park. (Most easily spotted on the Frontierland shore)

Sometimes it doesn't take a very keen eye. A while back there was one of those rat poison dispensers that you can buy at home depot along the wall a few feet from the entrance of Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin.

This lawsuit is ludicrous. There are rats everywhere. They thrive in populated areas. It simply isn't possible to eradicate all rodents from a theme park. This isn't some kind of negligence like a roach infested restaurant kitchen.

21stamps

Appropos of nothing, when I was a kid staying at Fort Wilderness Campground, I watched a squirrel hop up on our picnic table, sniff at a closed jar of peanut butter, and proceed to carefully unscrew the lid with his paws! He reached in and grabbed several pawfuls of peanut butter, ate them, and hopped away. I was frozen, watching in awe...my mother, who came out of the camper seconds later, didn't believe me until she looked in the jar and saw the little paw-scoop imprints. Whatever "harm" we suffered, I guess the statute of limitations has long run out on😉, although I always felt that if a rodent was smart enough to figure out how to unscrew a jar lid, he deserved to be rewarded with whatever was inside...

There’s also always squirrels at Tangerine Cafe, for as long as I can remember. They’re extremely bold! Basically eat right out of your hand.. I haven’t done that, but I’ve seen people do it. I’ve had a squirrel sit right next to my shoe or behind me on a ledge while dining there. I don’t know if they can open a jar though. That’s hilarious!

96D9088A-DB69-412F-AFAD-2A2B93D41819.jpeg

Well, what happened was we made a call that night (when we got back to the resort) and sent an e-mail to the Parks and Resorts department about the incident. The next morning, we received an e-mail from Bob Capek apologizing for the incident and he gave us a number to call. We called said number and described the incident as it happened in detail to a Cast Member from Parks and Resorts. In the end, we where given the free nights and fast passes (for the entire group).

I was just wondering if you asked for compensation, or if they just said “Here’s 3 nights!..and some FPs to go along with it!”

RobotWolf

Speaking of vermin, seagulls make a specific squawk when they are in danger or hurt. All seagulls know to fly away when they hear that sound.

DACS has a recording of this sound. And they play it, as needed, to shoo away the birds if they're being obnoxious.

For many years, I thought this story was fictional. But one sunny afternoon, I was at Coke corner (dating myself here) facing the castle, and I heard the BGM fade. Then a short (~3 sec) seagull sound was coming from the speakers. It sounded like regular seagull cawing to me. But entire flock bailed immediately. Then the BGM quickly faded back in; the same song in the middle. If you hear that seagull sound coming from speakers, it is unmistakable. The BGM oddly going away helps.

Delgado

Seriously, there’s been so many threads that make me think I should have complained about the snake in our room at Poly. I had no idea that guests received free nights because of that stuff.
A snake! Oh man we had that huge roach looking thing. I think pest control referred to it as a palm tree roach or something. That sucker was huge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom