Rat bit man at MK. Man sues. No comment from rat.

Tom P.

"The couple are suing for more than $15,000 after Galen Haldeman attributed ensuing medical expenses, physical handicap, disfigurement, mental anguish and other problems to the incident."

He got bitten. Physical handicap? Disfigurement? Mental Anguish? That must have been one heck of a rat. I bet it would make the rats in New York City jealous.

Calmdownnow

There are many, many rats and other assorted vermin at the Disney parks. A keen eye will easily spot the multitude of traps around the park. (Most easily spotted on the Frontierland shore)
Most recently, spotted a rat in the princess merchandise outside Little Mermaid in HS. Then spotted traps for same and realised this was not a one-off. Decided to only buy merchandise in controlled environments in resorts.

TeriofTerror

"The couple are suing for more than $15,000 after Galen Haldeman attributed ensuing medical expenses, physical handicap, disfigurement, mental anguish and other problems to the incident."

He got bitten. Physical handicap? Disfigurement? Mental Anguish? That must have been one heck of a rat. I bet it would make the rats in New York City jealous.
That reminds me, whatever happened with those people who sued Disney because Grandma had a heart attack the day after her grandson was bitten by a non-venemous snake in AK?
I mean, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but give me a break. All the kid needed was a Band-aid.

KrazyKat

FA556911-5D19-4751-A65E-30808ACB863B.jpeg

Who you calling a Rat????

dreamfinder912

I was reading/relaxing in Pandora Wednesday night and saw either the same rat doing laps, or multiple rats scurrying back and forth near where i was sitting. I gave up when one climbed up on the rock nearest to me. I noticed another one a few days later in Discovery Island. I'm not on the look out for em, but I do seem to be seeing rats more often than before. Either that or I was woefully unobservant and they've always been hanging out in the parks.

trainplane3

Isn't $15k a bit low after you get through all the court/lawyer fees? I've never had the pleasure of dealing with a lawsuit but wouldn't the amount of time outweigh the benefit in the end? Disney should give the guy something worthwhile but suing seems slightly out of place for something like this. But, these are the times to sue for anything...

Tom P.

Isn't $15k a bit low after you get through all the court/lawyer fees? I've never had the pleasure of dealing with a lawsuit but wouldn't the amount of time outweigh the benefit in the end? Disney should give the guy something worthwhile but suing seems slightly out of place for something like this. But, these are the times to sue for anything...
Why should Disney give the guy anything? Rats, mice, bugs, etc. are a fact of life, particularly in swampland in central Florida. Disney goes to great extremes to control pests, but nothing is perfect. There will always be rats at Walt Disney World whether you see them or not, and expecting Disney to prevent all encounters with them is not realistic.

UncleMike101

I was reading/relaxing in Pandora Wednesday night and saw either the same rat doing laps, or multiple rats scurrying back and forth near where i was sitting. I gave up when one climbed up on the rock nearest to me. I noticed another one a few days later in Discovery Island. I'm not on the look out for em, but I do seem to be seeing rats more often than before. Either that or I was woefully unobservant and they've always been hanging out in the parks.
Eh.....
It's just the Ratatouille CM's getting oriented to the park layout.

peter11435

They’ve always been there. The parks and resorts are in the middle of largely undisturbed Florida wilderness and swamp. If you pay attention there are traps all over WDW.

Goofyernmost

What the heck do you think they said?

“Hey, I saw a disgusting rat in the kitchen”
I believe what they said is my name is Dennis Dennison and I will sign a paper to keep it all quiet for just three free days at Disneyworld and you will never hear about it again. That obviously didn't work well. On the bright side, the rat was leaving the Mexican Restaurant and trying to get across the lagoon to the French Pavilion where he could get set up over there. He apparently couldn't read the park maps and got confused.

DisneyFans4Life

So we were at Biergarten a few days ago and I saw a rat crawling across the stage. I had to take a second look because I wasn't sure what I was seeing since it was in between shows...but sure enough...it was a rat...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom