Rapunzel and Flynn Rider Face Character Casting Call

imagineer boy

Figures, I'd be too tall to be Flynn anyways.
I'm kind of worried about this movie. While I LOVE Newman, his music and score for Princess and the Frog just make me want Menken to have done it. Instead, they're wasting him on what appears to be a pretty mediocre movie. Of course, that's based off of just a little information, but still...

Alan Menken isn't really on top of his game either. His songs for Enchanted were pretty bland and forgettable too. I think its time they just went for totally new talent all together.

And are they seriously having Randy Newman doing the music for Tangled? You think they'd learned from PATF. :brick:

NMBC1993

And are they seriously having Randy Newman doing the music for Tangled? You think they'd learned from PATF. :brick:

....I actually liked the music in PatF:eek: I still don't know how I feel about tangled, it seemed 1 step backwards from PatF and the CG didn't help. As far as the name change thing, did anyone ever think PatF didn't make a lot of money because it came out the week before Avatar (the most anticipated movie of the year)? But of course it can't be that, it was the title.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
They are using Newman again for this one?? I was hoping they would move on from him, nothing he does is too memorable or all that great in disney movies. Except for toy story maybe. I miss Menken.
Have you heard Newman's song "When I'm Gone" from the Monk finale? It's one of my top 100 songs.
Alan Menken isn't really on top of his game either. His songs for Enchanted were pretty bland and forgettable too. I think its time they just went for totally new talent all together.

Sorry my original post was phrased awkwardly. What I meant is that they're wasting Menken on a mediocre movie like Tangled as opposed to a potentially great movie like PatF. Menken is doing the music for Tangled. As for getting new talent, Jason Robert Brown or David Yazbek would be AMAZING.

imagineer boy

As far as the name change thing, did anyone ever think PatF didn't make a lot of money because it came out the week before Avatar (the most anticipated movie of the year)? But of course it can't be that, it was the title.

Exactly! I don't know who the bonehead is who decided on that release date. IMO, I think the release date had far more impact on the disapointing BO numbers rather than the title. Why didn't they give it its full release on Thanksgiving weekend? There was no major competition then. :shrug:

Sorry my original post was phrased awkwardly. What I meant is that they're wasting Menken on a mediocre movie like Tangled as opposed to a potentially great movie like PatF. Menken is doing the music for Tangled. As for getting new talent, Jason Robert Brown or David Yazbek would be AMAZING.

Ah, okay. But I'm still not too excited because like I said before, his songs for Enchanted weren't very memorable. I think it really is time to focus on new song writing talent.

aladdin2007

Exactly! I don't know who the bonehead is who decided on that release date. IMO, I think the release date had far more impact on the disapointing BO numbers rather than the title. Why didn't they give it its full release on Thanksgiving weekend? There was no major competition then. :shrug:

Ah, okay. But I'm still not too excited because like I said before, his songs for Enchanted weren't very memorable. I think it really is time to focus on new song writing talent.[/QUOTE]

I agree, get ready for lady gaga. Just kidding. :lol:

Phonedave

I don't know, Tangled looked pretty good to me, at least from the trailers.

My two girls (8 and 11) are excited to see it. Anything with a strong female role appeals to them.

It's a little hackneyed though. The whole Princess who is strong and a good fighter but remains sequestered is 'rescued' by a guy who despite his various skills is reluctant to partner with such a woman, who at times bests him, much to the amusement of his four legged companion.

Did i just describe Tangeled or Shrek ?

I like the title change as well. Why do you have to stick with the same 'traditional' name?

-dave

muteki

I don't think the name change or the comedic trailer are going to attract any more boys to the movie than previously. I think it cheapens the whole thing. If you are going to make Rapunzel, make Rapunzel. If you want to attract boys, make The Black Cauldron. Not everything has to be gender neutral.

I agree that the PatF was slightly mis-titled as it was very feminene sounding (plus, she never really was a princess in the movie, I honestly don't know why they didn't go with the simpler "Frog Prince.")

They can't do that, it already exists:

51FzAfHd2ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:hammer:

Enchantâmes

Yes thats why 3 out of 5 of them were nominated for Best Song... :rolleyes:

And Alan has already written the music for the movie, its too late in the game to change that now.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't think the name change or the comedic trailer are going to attract any more boys to the movie than previously. I think it cheapens the whole thing. If you are going to make Rapunzel, make Rapunzel. If you want to attract boys, make The Black Cauldron. Not everything has to be gender neutral.

They can't do that, it already exists:

51FzAfHd2ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:hammer:

Wasn't that a knock off of TPatF ?

DisneyLeo18

The whole time I was watching the trailer I was thinking, this reminds me of Shrek. Some obvious differences but had a big Shrek feel to it for me. I don't think I'll be seeing this one.

hrcollectibles

They are using Newman again for this one?? I was hoping they would move on from him, nothing he does is too memorable or all that great in disney movies. Except for toy story maybe. I miss Menken.
But yeah what happened to Disney gearing these films towards "everyone", they seem to have a problem trying to focus too hard on just boys or girls. Look at aladdin, lion king, beauty and the beast, they appealed to everyone, and now marketing is trying to only go towards one or the other all the time.

I think family guy got it right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWpIMFEe2ds

FigmentJedi

Menken's doing Tangled. This has been established for quite a while.

Some of the songs include one in a tavern, an "I Want" song called "When Will My Life Begin?" and a villain song called "Mommy Knows Best"

ttalovebug

Menken doing the score doesn't bother me, it's the fact the Glenn Slater is doing the lyrics. The lyrics for The Little Mermaid on Broadway were bad enough, but his lyrics for Love Never Dies in are horrific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom