"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

jkl2000

What about this part of the Rapid Fill system (this is from the Disney Food Blog)? Do the PAPER cups have an RFID or bar code?

I don’t drink very much soda, but I enjoy one every now and then. What are my options if I choose not to purchase a Rapid Fill mug?
You can still purchase a regular paper cup. I spoke with a couple of guests who chose them, and their cups were read by the machines as well. However, the screens displayed different messages. Upon the first fill, the message read, “3 refills within 1 hour” (then “2 refills,” and so on). The cups deactivate and can’t be refilled after one hour, or after 3 refills – whichever comes first.

real mad hatter

Exactly what i mean sir. They wouldn't just give 600 quid away so you are paying somewhere else that is not so obvious
So where ??...Come on Sir..My vacation was cheaper in 2012 than 2010.:)...As far as I know,last year was the first time they extended the FREE :jawdrop: DDP...We missed out in previous years ( all July trips ) Like I said,I kept my receipts and it saved us approx £900..Now by that I mean,this is what we would have spent on Q/S meals,so that money saved was spent on souvenirs..;)

real mad hatter

What about this part of the Rapid Fill system (this is from the Disney Food Blog)? Do the PAPER cups have an RFID or bar code?

I don’t drink very much soda, but I enjoy one every now and then. What are my options if I choose not to purchase a Rapid Fill mug?
You can still purchase a regular paper cup. I spoke with a couple of guests who chose them, and their cups were read by the machines as well. However, the screens displayed different messages. Upon the first fill, the message read, “3 refills within 1 hour” (then “2 refills,” and so on). The cups deactivate and can’t be refilled after one hour, or after 3 refills – whichever comes first.
LOL:joyfull:...Your pulling my leg...Paper cups with a chip..:joyfull:..What paper cups can you buy.?

pax_65

I'm not exactly excited with this development but I don't blame Disney for doing it. They system has been abused for YEARS. On a recent trip to WDW we saw people filling up the old wide mugs that were last used probably 10 years ago. (Takes guts to walk up with those!) At Aulani this year we saw people filling up all sorts of things - paper cups, courtesy water cups, bottles, basically anything they had available that would hold soda.

The offer is what it is - a mug you can refill for X number of days. If you like that offer, but it. If you think it's too expensive, then don't. The choice is yours. But don't complain that you can no longer cheat the system.

JimboJones123

The point is Disney isn't giving anything away for free - the costs are just reflected in something else that you did pay for. You get free QS dining but pay full rack-rate for your accommodations and required tickets; If you passed on the "free" dining you could almost certainly have found an applicable discount on your room rate. Indeed, there have been many examples in the past where people gushed over "free dining", but when the numbers were crunched they could have saved even more with a room rate discount and paid out of pocket for the dining plan. Not saying this is true in your case, just saying there is literally no free lunch, not even in WDW.
Not true if staying value or moderate. If staying deluxe with only 1-2 people in the room, yes.

Staying at $84 All-Star Music and getting 4 adults worth of food daily... You make out quite well. No discount Disney vacation package has ever given away free tickets or hotel. In many cases, the free dining can be worth over 40% of a non discounted total vacation. 30% off rack with full cost DDP won't come close.

Of course, getting a $479 room at Poly for $289 is a better deal for 2 folks, but how many more $84 rooms are sold nightly over $479 rooms?

Goofyernmost

And what happens if the soda you pour is flat? Or if you filled it with the wrong soda? Now you have to wait three minutes to correct it? And if is the paper cup, you lose a refill because of the error?
What if there's an earthquake while I'm filling my cup and as pieces of ceiling are falling all around me, I accidentally drop my cup as I dive under the table. Does that mean that I have to wait three minutes before I can get another or will I lose a refill because of it?

Seriously, there are a million scenario's and common sense (and magic) will be the answer. If I am unconscious enough to fill my cup with the wrong stuff, if I ask nicely they will probably help me, although I'm not sure why my inability to pay attention should cost Disney extra, but, it probably will. Flat?...come on, bring it to someone and they will replace it. This is simple technology it will do nothing except stop the dishonest from having an easy way to practice their dishonesty. If you are not dishonest or working the system, it will have no adverse affect on you at all.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So where ??...Come on Sir..My vacation was cheaper in 2012 than 2010.:)...As far as I know,last year was the first time they extended the FREE :jawdrop: DDP...We missed out in previous years ( all July trips ) Like I said,I kept my receipts and it saved us approx £900..Now by that I mean,this is what we would have spent on Q/S meals,so that money saved was spent on souvenirs..;)
You claim your vacation was cheaper in 2012 than in 2010.However i would say you must have changed up something (carrier,Travel agent , Ticketing option ) because everything would have raised in price from year to year ( air fare,hotel rate and the park tickets DID raise in price).
So they have got their "free" DDP from you somehow

We care more then customer service. Not sure if that's good or bad?:cautious:

I have had a rather awful week dealing with things going wrong and it seems as if people who are paid to give help, are rather reluctant to actually do the work they need to. This is an over exaggeration on my behalf and I certainly have no ill will for cust. service agents. Just a really tough week dealing with issues that seem to never get resolved.

real mad hatter

You claim your vacation was cheaper in 2012 than in 2010.However i would say you must have changed up something (carrier,Travel agent , Ticketing option ) because everything would have raised in price from year to year ( air fare,hotel rate and the park tickets DID raise in price).
So they have got their "free" DDP from you somehow
Sorry..Ok let me explain..2010 vacation was in July...Same travel company..same airport..same resort..same 14 day park hoppers..same airport transfers..same wife..same son..No FREE DDP...2012 vacation in July..same travel company..same airport..same resort..same 14 day park hoppers..same airport transfers..same wife..same son..However FREE DDP....Our 2012 package was almost exactly £300 dearer than 2010..However in 2010 our food bill for Q/S meals was between £800 & £900. Our food bill for Q/S meals for 2012 was approx £100 for breakfast meals..

ILDisneyFan

Somehow with the costs of everything else going up at Disney EVERY.single.year I think that no matter if people had or hadn't "stolen" drinks this still would've happened and they still would've raised the price. It would be an awesome deal, however, if they eventually go to where you can get refills in the parks as well. Plus, it would save on them having to purchase as many paper cups and the waste that comes from the paper cups. Just a thought...:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom