News Ralph and Vanellope coming to Epcot's Innoventions and ImageWorks

wdrive

I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end for the Imagination pavilion. Dumping the Imageworks for a meet n greet can't be a good sign. It shows that what is there isn't popular and they think they can get better return on investment by shoving some foamheads in there. IMO we will be lucky if Figment is still around in 5-8 years time.

I mean what you're saying is very true. Imageworks currently is awful and at least characters draw a line and sell Photopass.

Not that I agree with shoving characters in there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, they already moved the Visa Mickey & Friends M&G to the Imagination area. And setting up Ralph in ImageWorks may be a sign of things to come. When and if they demo Innoventions whats in there, as little that is left, will need to find a new home, at least, temporarily.

O, hai, ImageWorks!

Last edited:

TwilightZone

RALPH: We're taking you into the Internet!

ME: (whining) But I've already been.

While I have little doubt the new Ralph movie will be a hit, frankly, it lost me when it left the cozy nostalgia of the arcade...
I'm a wait n see type of girl. The no villain rumor got me really interested since disney rarely uses personal issues as the villain. If they can do it just right, might be amazing.

Cmdr_Crimson

No, this is in Innoventions. They're moving to ImageWorks in a few months for a more permanent space. This is temporary to promote the movie. And it looks temporary, as it should.
I believe the space that was used for Kodak film development just as you walk towards the gift shop is where they will have the M&G..It's big enough to have two going on simultaniously...

Kman101

I believe the space that was used for Kodak film development just as you walk towards the gift shop is where they will have the M&G..It's big enough to have two going on simultaniously...

Ah. OK. Thanks. Interesting they could have two going on. I guess I forgot how big the space is. Been so long I barely remember the inside ... LOL

TwilightZone

How?

A temporary meet and greet to promote a movie in an abandoned building.

I can see that being said once they move into ImageWorks, and who knows, maybe I'd agree.

I really don't understand the problem with meet and greets. They're not the problem for me.
It’s not that it’s a meet n greet. I don’t mind that at all. It’s that knowing the history of innoventions and seeing it like this is saddening. I considered it the last true part of Epcot, more than Ellen.

Cmdr_Crimson

It’s not that it’s a meet n greet. I don’t mind that at all. It’s that knowing the history of innoventions and seeing it like this is saddening. I considered it the last true part of Epcot, more than Ellen.

Communicore & Innoventions showcasing sponsors and the possibilities of the future of Communication, technologies of the world around us and how we can use it in our everyday life...........A Meet & Greet is.........A Meet & Greet.....They are better off calling now Greetopia...

Inspired Figment

So uh... apparently the Figment Funko POP makes a cameo in Ralph Breaks the Internet from what I’m hearing...
As much as I’d like to see that as just another fun little cameo.... I can’t help but get this heart-sinking feeling that it *could* possibly be signifying something else.... especially with this meet n greet thing going on in the ImageWorks area.
*sigh* I don’t know... But I certainly hope not.. 😔:

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Only thing that boggles my mind about that... is *why* on earth would they continue to push Figment & Dreamfinder on new merchandise prominently, and not, at the *very* least, keep the original spirit of the Imagination pavilion alive? That’s practically the one ride that was truly timeless and distinctly Disney at Epcot that could still work well with today’s audiences. I just don’t understand. :

TwilightZone

So uh... apparently the Figment Funko POP makes a cameo in Ralph Breaks the Internet from what I’m hearing...
As much as I’d like to see that as just another fun little cameo.... I can’t help but get this heart-sinking feeling that it *could* possibly be signifying something else.... especially with this meet n greet thing going on in the ImageWorks area.
*sigh* I don’t know... But I certainly hope not.. 😔:

Inside out also had a hidden figment. I wouldn't think much of either.
Only thing that boggles my mind about that... is *why* on earth would they continue to push Figment & Dreamfinder on new merchandise prominently, and not, at the *very* least, keep the original spirit of the Imagination pavilion alive? That’s practically the one ride that was truly timeless and distinctly Disney at Epcot that could still work well with today’s audiences. I just don’t understand. :

trainplane3

Because it sells. That's literally all there is to it.

Inspired Figment

Because it sells. That's literally all there is to it.
True, and I completely understand that. But what’s really confusing to me atleast, is if they see Dreamfinder & Figment continue to be large merchandise sellers and continue to get positive feedback from guests & guest surveys. Why don’t they figure *that* should be what the ride features? Those characters and the original attraction in particular seem to be a proven success for many years. This is also counting the Marvel comic series *and* the Festival appearances and merchandise. It would give the park a perfect balance of both nostalgia and current-IP based offerings. It’s what Disneyland & Magic Kingdom continue to do today. But I suppose the company has their reasons for not putting that into consideration.. as nonsensical as those reasons may be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom