News Ralph and Vanellope coming to Epcot's Innoventions and ImageWorks

Maeryk

Imagination 1.0 actually had that dark side that made a classic Disney attraction classic. You probably couldn't build it today without the MomSquad complaining it's to scary for their kids.

Shame, too, because it's sorely lacking in newer rides.

Maeryk

This is confusing to me. And Ralph fits best in Tomorrowland. Hands down. Alongside another fantastical IP about entering into computer systems (Tron).

Communicore had a Pepper's Ghost leprechaun dancing around a computer system..

They could put the garbage truck from Innoventions in ImageWorks at this point, and it would be an improvement.

Maeryk

The dark part wasn't that scary, all they have to do is cut any mention of murder.

But it was somewhat scary. Something I think is sorely lacking these days. Yes, you have "thrills", but they seem to be missing the chills. The only place that seems to still be understood is in the shows.. Fantasmic and even HEA have villain scenes. It was a core tenet for Walt, but being the super fluffy parks seem to have been the order of the day for decades.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While WiR and Vannelope are in Communicore, anyone know if they'll be displacing Baymax or Joy & Sadness, or, will they open up another area of the abandoned hallways?

While WiR and Vannelope are in Communicore, anyone know if they'll be displacing Baymax or Joy & Sadness, or, will they open up another area of the abandoned hallways?
on Disney Park Blogs the writer of the article relied to a comment about a mom saying her child wanted to meet them and the author said they are staying so they are opening another abandoned hallway!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 8.44.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 8.44.42 AM.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 87

geekza

Communicore had a Pepper's Ghost leprechaun dancing around a computer system..

They could put the garbage truck from Innoventions in ImageWorks at this point, and it would be an improvement.
He was actually a traditional British "Pearlie," which is why the song was a pastiche of English Music Hall songs. He was also very obviously performed by an American with a terrible Cockney accent. Nothing against Ken Jennings, who was a suitably-creepy Toby in the original cast of Sweeney Todd on Broadway. His accent was terrible in that as well. I'm sure it made Angela Lansbury cringe during every performance. lol

trainplane3

The dark part wasn't that scary, all they have to do is cut any mention of murder.
Fun story about this: As a kid that hated the dark in general (not because of "monsters" even), I was terrified. Heck, I didn't like the fact the ride sent you into a dark tunnel at the start. The literature scene was really the only part I didn't like but it was a trade off for the rest of the ride.

Luckily the CM working gave me their flashlight and spaced the group of cars (I think there were 2 empty trains around us, slow day anyway) out so I wouldn't disturb anyone with it. Yes I was 5 but that CM left a huge impression. After I rode it, I did it again but "as a big kid". I would've sucked it up in the end but the CM made it go over much more smoothly.

Honestly the dumb jump scare in the current version sucks. That doesn't need to be in there at all.

Tl;Dr: scared of the dark, CM was friendly. Would've sucked it up anyways because of the dragon. Wouldn't want them to change it to appease a small group.

Last edited:

tomast

It's Disney. If we get a WiR themed ride it will be for the tenth anniversary of the film. Like Ratatouille is such a current hot property.
Yes thats why, I think they realise how slow they move beacuse of the risk of making an atraction for a movie nobody knows how it will be recieved. So to have something of the last movie they put a simple overlay somewhere with some characters and a logo and thats it.

Like COCO on the mexican pavilion or the one man dream or incrediblesummer on tomorroland. I am sure we are going to see plenty of this examples...

gustaftp

Figment sells a lot of merch, so I doubt these are his last days. I hope not, anyway. I wonder how they will tie Wreck It Ralph in with the ride. Or if they will even bother...?

But when I last visited in May, ImageWorks was in embarrassingly bad condition: lots out-of-order, unfocused/dim projectors, burnt out lighting, filthy nasty threadbare carpets in the stepping tones area, several areas behind black curtains. It was a hot mess. (I stared wistfully at the ceiling access hatch of the old turntable, thinking of better times)

Spash007

Well, it's been clarified:

They’ll [Ralph & Vanellope] move to ImageWorks when the new location is completed this winter.
Tagging @wdwmagic in case Steve wants to clarify that in the News Section.

Is it possible that all characters are going to move over to Imagination, each with a different "portal"? Paving the way to demolish that part of Innoventions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom