News Ralph and Vanellope coming to Epcot's Innoventions and ImageWorks

brb1006

To be fair, he just created upside down house in the modern figment verse, so that's like his second/vacation home. House 1 still exists somewhere.

Also somewhat unrelated, but my headcanon has always been there's two figments and two dreamfinders. Figment A being classic figment from the 80's, Figment B being modern figment with his dreamfinder being Nigel.
Forgot to mention how pleasant and fun the imaginary realm "Figonia" looked. If a Journey Into Imagination animated film ever becomes a reality. This realm needs to make an appearance.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture4.PNG

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Guys, Modern Figment is just Original Figment unleashing passive aggressive vengeance on Nigel Channing, the epitome of "Boring stuffy British Man", for evicting Dreamfinder and pulling stuff like "Building a machine that tells people they're creatively braindead" or "Building a tour around thinking inside a box".

ppete1975

I was 8 when i went to epcot the first time 1983. It was amazing. I didnt go from 93-2014 and was shocked at first the fountains then the ride then the upstairs not being open (is that possible now with ada, in its current config). I remember doing all the cool things after the ride. My mom remembered how he was my fav so when my parents would go shed always try to buy me something with him on it... but in the late 90s-2000s they didnt even carry merchandise. This would be such an easy fix and make them tons of money but they just wont fix it, theyd rather replace.

Inspired Figment

Guys, Modern Figment is just Original Figment unleashing passive aggressive vengeance on Nigel Channing, the epitome of "Boring stuffy British Man", for evicting Dreamfinder and pulling stuff like "Building a machine that tells people they're creatively braindead" or "Building a tour around thinking inside a box".
Correct! That’s supposed to be the whole “tongue-in-cheek” part of it that goes over most average guests’ heads.
Already stated by observations about what the biggest problems with the ride are in another thread. And by far, the biggest one is that it’s not even a Figment or Imagination themed ride, but rather a a completely irrelevant, dated, random, unfitting Honey I Shrunk the Audience IP-based Institute Tour ride about the 5 senses, with the Figment character from the original shoehorned in to “fix” it. It’s the equivalent of gutting Haunted Mansion, replacing it with a High School Musical themed attraction, then hamfisting the Hitchhiking Ghosts back in with them causing hijinks, due to complaints of people “wanting the ghost ride back”. Disney knew *exactly* what they meant when they complained. They just decided to be cheap with it and rushed it with a lame “tongue-in-cheek” story of Figment causing mischief in the Institute to prove to Channing that he’s wrong. It’s a story that *only* fans of the original that hated the version in-between would understand. Somehow, that didn’t register in Imagineering’s heads. Neither did the fact that the ride’s *supposed* be about the creative process and the mediums we’re able to explore that ability to it’s strongest potential.
The senses are *perception*, how your mind *perceieves* things. That’s not how it creates things.

But the current ride aside, what in the world does Wreck It Ralph have to do with creativity or imagination? Absolutely nothing! And aren’t they supposed to be going through the *internet*? Which would be through different games and websites?? Not to different parts of the real world? But I digress..

Makes absolutely *zero* sense to me that they wouldn’t even *attempt* to have the popular character that’s actually IN the ride out for meet n greets. But those are just my 2 cents on the matter.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

I wouldn't mind inside out tbh. Makes a lot of sense for the imagination pavilion. I mean even figment is in it, it could work.
WIR though, I want somewhere else in epcot, maybe replacing innoventions or some other building, not imagination.
I really don’t think it does though. Inside Out’s plot is about dealing with challenging/negative emotions, the mind, and the challenge of growing up and leaving your “imaginary friends” and childish fantasies behind. (Hence Bing Bong being forgotten/faded and Riley’s “imagination land” being torn down. )

Journey Into Imagination on the other hand was entirely about the creative process and all the mediums where you can take your imagination skills further. Those being Art, Literature, Performing Arts, Science and Technology.

As I’ve said before, it’s a no brainer that Inside Out would be *much* better off in the old Wonders of Life pavilion. Namely, a redone Cranium Command would be great. Perhaps retaining the Buzzy and General Knowledge characters, but including the emotions and simply switching the show’s storyline to be in Riley’s headquarters rather than Bobby’s. Helps Pete Docter worked on both, and actually Disney themselves has acknowledged the similarities and the connection. You can find a video posted by D23 that talks about it.

Inspired Figment

I really don’t think it does though. Inside Out’s plot is about dealing with challenging/negative emotions, the mind, and the challenge of growing up and leaving your “imaginary friends” and childish fantasies behind. (Hence Bing Bong being forgotten/faded and Riley’s “imagination land” being torn down. )

Journey Into Imagination on the other hand was entirely about the creative process and all the mediums where you can take your imagination skills further. Those being Art, Literature, Performing Arts, Science and Technology.

As I’ve said before, it’s a no brainer that Inside Out would be *much* better off in the old Wonders of Life pavilion. Namely, a redone Cranium Command would be great. Perhaps retaining the Buzzy and General Knowledge characters, but including the emotions and simply switching the show’s storyline to be in Riley’s headquarters rather than Bobby’s. Helps Pete Docter worked on both, and actually Disney themselves has acknowledged the similarities and the connection. You can find a video posted by D23 that talks about it.
I should also mention that in the original Journey Into Imagination. Dreamfinder, Figment, and the flying dreamcatching machine were all direct metaphors of the creative process. The whole idea is that Dreamfinder is almost a Walt Disney archetype (the father of great creations) and he tells us in the song, “One Little Spark” that every “new” idea starts out with a “spark of inspiration”. He flies around the universe collecting these “sparks”, a collection of abstract thoughts , then recombines them to create new things. The whole concept is that no “new” idea is truly brand new in a sense. They’re all combinations of things we’re inspired by and then we use them in different ways the create new things. He demonstrates that process by creating Figment, a literal embodiment of a new creation and “a figment of Imagination” come to life. He’s a combination of Dreamfinder’s own “sparks” or abstract ideas... those being “two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow, horns of a steer, a lovable personality, royal purple pigment, and a dash of childish delight”.
The entire concept and characters are supposed to represent *creativity*. Really the entire concept that imagination thrives on.

DisneyDreamerxyz

seems like management feels pretty strongly that Wreck it Ralph is a "Future World' franchise since they also did promo for the first movie there. If it's popular enough the characters/merchandise might actually stay around like what is happening with Incredibles. Incredibles had almost no presence in the parks until recently and it sold well enough that it's here to stay.

RSoxNo1

Is this replacing an existing meet and greet in the Epcot Character Spot or a new build?

Edit: This will not affect any of the existing meet and greet locations in the park.

brb1006

Plus the only thing Figment related to Inside Out was a cameo as a painting.

tomast

I think Ralph would be a nice adition to the imagination pavilion. Maybe to replace the short pixar film festival.
But I can see this as only something temporal as they did with Tomorrowland and the incredibles this summer

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
In the broad sense, the imagination pavilion is what is inside your head, "psychology," and Wonders of life was about what is inside your body, "biology."

Despite the fact that Inside Out took heavy inspiration from and has a similar concept to Cranium Command, Inside Out is all about thoughts and emotions. Psychology. Cranium Command, while it did include the brain, was about the various parts of the body being personified. Biology.

That distinction between Cranium Command and Inside Out is why, imo, one fit in Wonders of Life amd one fits in the Imagination Pavilion.

That being said, I don't want Figment replaced at all.

Back on topic while still discussing IPs and Epcot.

Wreck it Ralph may not be a perfect fit for the park, but it really isn't a bad one. It is taking scientific and often misunderstood concepts amd presenting them in a fantastical, accessible, and whimsical way. Tieing everything together in this post, Wreck-it-Ralph does to computer technology what Cranium Command does to Biology. With a bit more focus on the educational side (coding was already a plot point in the first movie, wouldn't be difficult to make it more educational) and a bit more focus on making the tech side of it work more like real tech, the IP could be a great fit for the park the same way Cranium Command was a great fit.

That being said, Ralph being in the Imagination Pavilion specifically doesn't make a ton of sense other than the fact that Imageworks needs something and this way Imagineering can make the studios pay for it as a promo thing.

Maeryk

I think Ralph would be a nice adition to the imagination pavilion. Maybe to replace the short pixar film festival.
But I can see this as only something temporal as they did with Tomorrowland and the incredibles this summer

It's Disney. If we get a WiR themed ride it will be for the tenth anniversary of the film. Like Ratatouille is such a current hot property.

brb1006

I mean like... there's absolutely no way Disney doesn't see Dreamfinder and Figment's popularity and don't have plans to bring them back, right?

Right?
Apparently people at Disney were surprised of how successful and popular the Figment comics by Marvel became with hardcore Disney World visitors. Especially since the Figment comics focused on how Dream finder became what he is today and where he first came up with Figment.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is why I always had thought Nigel Channing was a Villian...
giphy.gif

And what bugged me the most.....Warner Bros Quest for Camelot as Eric Idle does the Voice of Devon...Who suspiciously looks like a certain dragon...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom