News Ralph and Vanellope coming to Epcot's Innoventions and ImageWorks

trainplane3

True, and I completely understand that. But what’s really confusing to me atleast, is if they see Dreamfinder & Figment continue to be large merchandise sellers and continue to get positive feedback from guests & guest surveys. Why don’t they figure *that* should be what the ride features? Those characters and the original attraction in particular seem to be a proven success for many years. This is also counting the Marvel comic series *and* the Festival appearances and merchandise. It would give the park a perfect balance of both nostalgia and current-IP based offerings. It’s what Disneyland & Magic Kingdom continue to do today. But I suppose the company has their reasons for not putting that into consideration.. as nonsensical as those reasons may be.
Why should they "take a risk" on a "old" IP when they can stick a shiny and new Pixar branded one into there? It's guaranteed to be a hit regardless of how good or bad the attraction actually is *glares at Nemo and its 30 minute line*.

To be brutally honest, festival merch would sell no matter what. The person I was in WDW with 2-ish months ago just wanted a F&W shirt, nothing more. They literally bought the first F&W shirt they could find (the brews around the world shirt, I think). The Marvel comics are a great point but they obviously don't want to do a part 3 regardless of how well they sell.

Heck, Dreamfinder himself feels they should stick Inside Out into it and dump Figment entirely. Personally, that was something I didn't like hearing at all.

I am part of team "Make Figment not look like a jerk anymore and bring Dreamfinder back to create a incredible attraction" by the way, no matter how negative I sound.

Anyways, I wonder when/if we'll see construction progress on this M+G. I looked back at a couple pages and it seems like it could go in the old Kodak store? Or are we still undecided on that?

TwilightZone

I don't see anyone buying merch of Eric Idle.
And if they are it ain’t for imagination.
Speaking of which, if going for an Ip angle they should have made the host robin williams or the dad from histk instead. Even though Nigel is a park only character and at times I prefer that, it would have made more sense and would have been more fun.
But we are going off topic.
So wreck it Ralph huh?

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't see anyone buying merch of Eric Idle.
And yet they ARE Selling merchandise of the Comedy Troupe he's a part of in the UK Pavilion....
SJE382118LARGE.jpg
cYsXzSD.jpg

Oddysey

It is no more evident than now that Future World lacks a cohesive vision. If one were visiting FW for the first time ever, they would have no clue what the original intention of FW was or what the current intention of FW is. TDO is just shoehorning things in closed/wall off spaces that should and were at one time much better utilized.

In my eyes, it is more evident than ever that TDO does not want guest spending time in FW because there is no additional revenue being generated by the attractions. What is left of the attractions simply serve a doorbuster for ticket sales. Not to mention several of them close at 7:00pm every night despite the fact the park closes at 9:00pm. TDO wants guest in the WS now that it has become a permanent Food and Wine Festival all year round. Sorry but I need at little bit more that overpriced tiny servings of food and overpriced beer to hold my attention in the long term.

I can hear the meeting concerning WIR in my head:

Chair of meeting: "Where should we put WIR?"

Board: "There is loads of empty space in Innoventions, put the IP in there."

Chair: "Great idea guys and gals." "Now on to the next item on the agenda." "I just started to notice that Imageworks is falling into disrepair, I know we do not want guest spending to much time in FW because it could compete with food/alcohol sales and such, but I think it may be starting to become obvious to even the more less observant guest". "What should we do?"

Board: "Put WIR in there." "That way we do not incur the additional cost of repair, or incur cost to permanently reimagine an area. "WIR Innoventions will be an easy clone." "Besides we can fill another mostly empty space."

Chair: "I don't know," doesn't make much sense to put the same characters in two different meeting spots just feet away from each other." Also, Imageworks is supposed to be a playground that stimulates imagination."

Board: "Are you kidding!?" "Our guest will not notice duplicity in the WIR experience." "WIR is an imaginary character so it makes perfect sense, and therefore fits the imagination theme." "Besides synergy and stuff."

Chair: "Oh yeah...that's right...synergy and stuff." "Actually it is double the synergy." "BRILLLANT!" "My bad guys and gals." "Lets do it!!!"

I sincerely apologize for the rant, I just miss the time when Disney put show quality above all. The utilidors at MK were very expensive to design, but were constructed nonetheless to maintain continuity of show. Now we have duplicity of characters in pavilions adjacent to each other. Not to mention neither spot matches the theme of Communicor/Innoventions or Imagination. I have a feeling that the current WDC would no longer even consider an expense similar to the utilidor construction to enhance show quality. But that is just a feeling.

jt04

It is no more evident than now that Future World lacks a cohesive vision. If one were visiting FW for the first time ever, they would have no clue what the original intention of FW was or what the current intention of FW is. TDO is just shoehorning things in closed/wall off spaces that should and were at one time much better utilized.

In my eyes, it is more evident than ever that TDO does not want guest spending time in FW because there is no additional revenue being generated by the attractions. What is left of the attractions simply serve a doorbuster for ticket sales. Not to mention several of them close at 7:00pm every night despite the fact the park closes at 9:00pm. TDO wants guest in the WS now that it has become a permanent Food and Wine Festival all year round. Sorry but I need at little bit more that overpriced tiny servings of food and overpriced beer to hold my attention in the long term.

I can hear the meeting concerning WIR in my head:

Chair of meeting: "Where should we put WIR?"

Board: "There is loads of empty space in Innoventions, put the IP in there."

Chair: "Great idea guys and gals." "Now on to the next item on the agenda." "I just started to notice that Imageworks is falling into disrepair, I know we do not want guest spending to much time in FW because it could compete with food/alcohol sales and such, but I think it may be starting to become obvious to even the more less observant guest". "What should we do?"

Board: "Put WIR in there." "That way we do not incur the additional cost of repair, or incur cost to permanently reimagine an area. "WIR Innoventions will be an easy clone." "Besides we can fill another mostly empty space."

Chair: "I don't know," doesn't make much sense to put the same characters in two different meeting spots just feet away from each other." Also, Imageworks is supposed to be a playground that stimulates imagination."

Board: "Are you kidding!?" "Our guest will not notice duplicity in the WIR experience." "WIR is an imaginary character so it makes perfect sense, and therefore fits the imagination theme." "Besides synergy and stuff."

Chair: "Oh yeah...that's right...synergy and stuff." "Actually it is double the synergy." "BRILLLANT!" "My bad guys and gals." "Lets do it!!!"

I sincerely apologize for the rant, I just miss the time when Disney put show quality above all. The utilidors at MK were very expensive to design, but were constructed nonetheless to maintain continuity of show. Now we have duplicity of characters in pavilions adjacent to each other. Not to mention neither spot matches the theme of Communicor/Innoventions or Imagination. I have a feeling that the current WDC would no longer even consider an expense similar to the utilidor construction to enhance show quality. But that is just a feeling.

I'm thinking and hoping this is all growing pains and much of what is happening is temporary placement because of the impending crowds.

Oddysey

I'm thinking and hoping this is all growing pains and much of what is happening is temporary placement because of the impending crowds.

I hope you are correct. It is just that FW has been in poor shape for a long time, and it is going to take more than the synergistic IP Guardian's of the Freakin Galaxy to save it in 2021. And I didn't say freakin.

jt04

I hope you are correct. It is just that FW has been in poor shape for a long time, and it is going to take more than the synergistic IP Guardian's of the Freakin Galaxy to save it in 2021. And I didn't say freakin.

Guessing you will see many adds like GotG between now and 2032. And at huge cost.

Just a guess.

I am always reminded of those old school puzzles. They were little plastic squares with numbered squares you slid around to get in order. Think of WDW like that. Or a Rubiks cube. Whatever works for you. Sometimes you have to work backwards or sideways to resolve. IMO of course.

dreamfinder

True, and I completely understand that. But what’s really confusing to me atleast, is if they see Dreamfinder & Figment continue to be large merchandise sellers and continue to get positive feedback from guests & guest surveys. Why don’t they figure *that* should be what the ride features? Those characters and the original attraction in particular seem to be a proven success for many years. This is also counting the Marvel comic series *and* the Festival appearances and merchandise. It would give the park a perfect balance of both nostalgia and current-IP based offerings. It’s what Disneyland & Magic Kingdom continue to do today. But I suppose the company has their reasons for not putting that into consideration.. as nonsensical as those reasons may be.

Merch is cheap and short term. If the winds change and suddenly Figment/Dreamfinder doesn't move as much merch as they want, they just don't make anymore. Do short term/short run stuff (IE Using Figment as a festival mascot) lets them milk the fan base, while still letting it be appealing to people who have no idea who he is, but want a festival shirt anyway. Redoing a ride is a multi-million dollar investment. If they do it wrong and miss the mark, or if Figment is no longer popular, they are stuck with a rather pricy boondoggle.

dreamfinder

I saw on twitter there's a construction wall up for the spot where Ralph is supposed to go.

They seem to be not very tall, so I don't expect too much crazy things.

Looks like the wall has been primed, so odds are doing some new carpet/floor works/smaller props, and then a quick adhesive backdrop on existing wall, or big backdrop brought in from backstage. Seems to be in line with what was around over in the Animation area when they met there.

Cmdr_Crimson

Also on a recent update on the "other" site showed that the Nigel Channing lenticular picture before entering the Inventor Hall of Fame hallway has been changed to a New Lenticular that features the Imagination Institute logo and Figment's head pops up in the middle and winks while you walk by....

TwilightZone

Also on a recent update on the "other" site showed that the Nigel Channing lenticular picture before entering the Inventor Hall of Fame hallway has been changed to a New Lenticular that features the Imagination Institute logo and Figment's head pops up in the middle and winks while you walk by....
PICTURES PLEASE.

trainplane3

I don't think that's new. Pretty sure it's been there for at least a month or two.
Edit: As pictured by @ThatDreamfinderGuy

Last edited:

Andrew M

I saw on twitter there's a construction wall up for the spot where Ralph is supposed to go.

They seem to be not very tall, so I don't expect too much crazy things.

Is Vanellope still meeting with Ralph? I just see Ralph when I look on the app.

Also, is there any timeframe on the new location? We're going in March. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom