Rain?!

Kaseys412

Original Poster
okay.. I've calmed down.. somewhat, and realized that life will go on..
florida weather is somewhat unpredictable so hopefully I'll get a glimpse of sunshine. It's our little boy's first trip, so I'm hoping it's not a total wash out... but oh well.. there are worse things...:lol:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've never had a washout... The rain usually dumps and then passes quickly. I've never felt it was an imposition and it has the benefit of clearing others out of the parks.

Upvote 0

Beccone

My advice is to wear a poncho and don't let it ruin your trip. We were there last year during Tropical Storm Fay and wore poncho's 80% of our trip. Still had a wonderful time and got to do pretty much everything we had planned.

Upvote 0

balletgirl2

florida weather is somewhat unpredictable so hopefully I'll get a glimpse of sunshine. It's our little boy's first trip, so I'm hoping it's not a total wash out... but oh well.. there are worse things...:lol:

If it makes you feel any better. My first trip was when I was 8 and my sister was 3. It poured everyday all day long. We even had tornado warnings. My parents bought us ponchos and daisy duck caps to keep the rain off of our faces. That trip has some of my dearest memories and rain certainly did not spoil ANYTHING for us! My first and fondest memory of Disney is splshing in the rain puddles with my sister in EPCOT at night with all the lights bouncing off of the water.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Our weather man said yesterday morning that there would be rain all week from Miami all the way up the coast to Virginia. Seems a front has settled along there, but at least the temps are warm.

Upvote 0

Ghall

At least it's warm rain!!! A poncho should keep you dry! When it rains in Ireland (which happens 90% of the time all year long) it's cold, grey and miserable. I don't mind the rain in Florida, it cools you down on a warm day.

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

Florida weather can be unpredictable. Just prepare for the worst, and just watch, you'll probably see a drizzle or two, or a downpour at night and then the days won't be so bad. Good luck!

Upvote 0

strmchsr

The reason for the heavy rain prediction is a tropical or hybrid low system that will move over FL in the next couple of days bringing a LOT of rain. Orlando needs it, though I know it'll be no fun if you're on vacation. Expect rain and windy conditions through Friday.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

I love the parks when it rains!! It's awesome cause there is barely anyone in the parks - they all stay in their rooms - most rides/shows are walk on.

Bring extra socks and shoes if you are not wearing sandals.

Upvote 0

Mickey-Mommy

Some of our best times in Disney it's been raining. We always get the ponchos and make the best of it. Don't worry about what you look like since everyone else looks the same as you do! Like Gucci65 said, just bring some extra sock and shoes and even a whole change of clothes if you want and put it in a locker to keep them dry. You should have lighter crowds and lower temps. Plus, no excuse not to go on Splash Mountain since you'll already be wet!

Upvote 0

Lucky

Sorry about your bad luck. It's not a typical weather pattern in place right now. But the majority of attractions are indoors, and if you have ponchos and the right footwear it should work out OK.

Upvote 0

disneynut4u

We just got back from our trip (May 9-16). There was an 80% chance of rain/storms almost every single day. BUT .... when it rained, it was during the night after we had gone to bed. It rained lightly as we were walking up to the Hoop Dee Doo show, but it didn't last long. Poncos will save you, so go & have fun!!!

Upvote 0
I have to agree, I like it when it rains.

The crowds go away for a little bit and it is not so hot.

My advice, bring a rain coat do not use ponchos. Get a nice rain jacket, like a wind breaker, with a hood. Bring a backpack with extra socks and a bag to keep wet stuff in. If your like me and live in sneakers, bring an extra pair.

If it rains just go with it.

Epcot is the best for rainy days because all of the attractions are like 30-45 minutes anyway, so your kind of dry when you come off the attraction. Dip into Energy (45 minutes) or the American Adventure (22 minutes) or heck you can spend a few hours in Innoventions with all of its recent upgrades.

Upvote 0

MissM

it's not perfect when you've been saving and saving.. and were only able to go for 4 nights, calling for rain the entire time.
You know...Florida is in a CRITICAL water shortage. Historic water level lows. We've had to ban lawn watering and car washing and other things like that completely around here because we're just OUT OF WATER. So I'm sorry you're entire vacation is ruined over a little precipitation, but Florida getting rain is a little more important than your inconvenience. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I just got back yesterday. It was pouring when we woke up, and pouring when our flight left at 4PM. Our front desk said when we checked out that it was supposed to do the same thing for 3 days, and that it was a good day to leave. I've never seen that happen in Florida - the all day rain for days at a time. I'm guessing it had to have blown over today.

Out of our 7 days, we had 3 days where the rain started at 4PM and continued until 10PM. It didn't totally ruin those 3 nights - we found stuff to do. But it does kind of prevent you from doing as much as you wanted to do. I'm used to it always calling for rain in Florida, and getting a quick storm that passes. That just isn't how it was for us last week. Still an amazing & awesome trip though. You make the best of it.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Aww I'm sorry it is calling for rain.
I know it can definitely put a damper (no pun intended) on your trip.
Just remember though that weather changes all the time...it may not last all day either.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom