Rain?!

Kaseys412

Original Poster
You know...Florida is in a CRITICAL water shortage. Historic water level lows. We've had to ban lawn watering and car washing and other things like that completely around here because we're just OUT OF WATER. So I'm sorry you're entire vacation is ruined over a little precipitation, but Florida getting rain is a little more important than your inconvenience. :rolleyes:

I realize that florida is dried out.. and it's marvelous that you're getting the much needed rain, but you picked the wrong person to get an attitude with. How dare I be bummed that there is a huge storm hovering over the area right before my vacation, when you've had to go to extreme measures like not being able to wash your car. If it came down to me having a sunny and ideal vacation and you drying up and dehydrating somewhere... guess which one I'd pick...

To everyone else.. thanks for the nice replies.. I'm sure we'll have a great time rain or shine :animwink:

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Kaseys412 - the lines for the character meet & greets will be shorter too so your little one may be able to get more autographs/photos than when it is busy.

Does he like to draw? In Hollywood Studios there is an animation studio that is a good hideout from the rain - along with getting meeting Fantasia Mickey, the Incredibles and the characters from UP

Upvote 0

Kaseys412

Original Poster
I bought some ponchos today and definitely looking forwar to shorter lines :) As my husband said... a little rain and short lines are better than 95 degree heat and 2-3 hour waits. I just hope we don't get the horrible winds that the northeast part of florida is experiencing right now..

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I bought some ponchos today and definitely looking forwar to shorter lines :) As my husband said... a little rain and short lines are better than 95 degree heat and 2-3 hour waits. I just hope we don't get the horrible winds that the northeast part of florida is experiencing right now..

My trip across the I-95 bridge was pretty exciting this afternoon. I really had to pay attention as the wind was pushing me out of my lane. It was, of course, also pouring.

Upvote 0

Jasmine89

I'm heading over there tomorrow and hope that it's not raining but if it is we have poncho's really good sneakers and attitude towards rain. We're from Puerto Rico wich has similar weather to Folrida.

Don't get bummed about rain just enjoy that people run from rain so shorter lines and less heat!

Upvote 0

maelstrom

It rains everyday in Florida, just remember that. I never pay much mind to The Weather Channel calling for rain, because it's bound to rain at some point.

Upvote 0

dsnyfreak

i'm heading over there tomorrow and hope that it's not raining but if it is we have poncho's really good sneakers and attitude towards rain. We're from puerto rico wich has similar weather to folrida.

Don't get bummed about rain just enjoy that people run from rain so shorter lines and less heat!
oh yesss those people are funny who run because they dont want to get wet. Its a different story if theres lightning then you had better leave. But there will be less people in line for sure especially for splash!!! And any outdoor rides!!enjoy!!!!:d just dont try and duck into a store !!!

Upvote 0

tecowdw

I'm watching the weather channel.. heavy rain all week?! WHAT?!:(

Yes, it's true! Most of Central Florida is getting 4-12 inches of rain so far. :(
Monday was occassional run all day long but there were several breaks in it (although no sunshine). Tuesday has been a steady rain almost all day long with multiple periods of downpours. Kind of a washout type of Disney day.

It is expected to continue Wednesday and Thursday too. Blah! And of all weeks - the week I'm here at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village.

The drought was reported to have been downgraded in several counties this week actually. Oh well...can't control the weather even at the place where dreams come true!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom