Raglan Road Stinks

kramicart

Original Poster
Seriously, the bar/main dining area reaks of stale booze and there was an unidentifiable smell in the men's room. I have four kids, so I know smells and the new ones I experienced today were beyond horrible.

It didn't help that we were shoved in a dark booth and had poor service.

The food was nothing special, but the icing was $8.95 for 6 pieces of shrimp and a few fries called a kids meal.

The service and experience wasn't so horrible that we did not talk to a manager, but we did have the server take back the kids meal.

There are too many other good restaurants at WDW to waste my time going back there.

Nut4Disney

We stopped there for the first time on Fri. for lunch. I had a Guiness and the fish and chips platter. My wife had a beer and our kids had juice. The fish platter was $13.95, and while it was good it wasn't worth the price for one piece of fish and some fries. I am of Irish ancestry and love Irish music and think I would enjoy coming back in the evening for drink and music. I thought it was a very nice looking bar and did not find it to smell though.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Seriously, the bar/main dining area reaks of stale booze and there was an unidentifiable smell in the men's room. I have four kids, so I know smells and the new ones I experienced today were beyond horrible.

Thats all part of the themeing, Im sure there will be a room that stinks of marzipan too.

When I was there a guy showed his backside, I didnt mind, sure itz only the craic

WDWFREAK53

WHOA!!!! We noticed an awful smell too! It was so gross. I didn't notice it where we were sitting but walking around I could definitely smell this "tough to describe" odor but I think really sour milk could explain a portion of it. (not a "vomit" smell though)

I didn't eat there...just went in for a couple of drinks after the AC closed.

The irish dancer was :slurp: though!

banimall

Way over priced, even for Disney alcohol. If you're a serious Irish drinker you would have to forego a mortgage payment to enjoy a night there :lol: .

dazzer68

The food was nothing special, but the icing was $8.95 for 6 pieces of shrimp and a few fries called a kids meal.

The service and experience wasn't so horrible that we did not talk to a manager, but we did have the server take back the kids meal.

There are too many other good restaurants at WDW to waste my time going back there.

sound to0 me like your typical everyday pub over here in uk! (unfortunatley)

Dagger

Way over priced, even for Disney alcohol. If you're a serious Irish drinker you would have to forego a mortgage payment to enjoy a night there :lol: .

ROFL!

We had an OK experience, but we did book this as our last night's table service for a 10PM reservation and of course by the time we got there and sitatuated, the dinner menu was gone and the manager let us use the TS credits on apps at the bar.

That part kinda sucked.. it was also very expensive to drink, but when we went, there was definitely no smell. Someone probably puked last night:kiss:

I loved the music and dancing though, then I heard some frat yuppy say of the dancer, "dude she's not even Irish" and the other was like "who cares!" and they were both "hahhahah" like they were so cool :D

jesserin

Though I wouldn't have started a thread about it... :lol: I agree here... I had the bangers and mash... which turned out to be nothing more than 2 cheap hot dogs on top of store bought boxed mashed potatoes. :hurl: LOL The atmosphere was great... (didn't notice the smell on our visit) but the food was less than appetizing. :shrug: Oh well.

JeffC

I went in there the first week it opened and aside from the entertainment, I wasn't impressed. I actually like the Jazz Club better - especially when they got some great music in there.
It was back when cigar smoking was allowed and I could spend all night in there.
I remember seeing Toxic Audio there for the first time - they were gooood!

jcc0621

Thanks, that explains why I didn't really know aout it. Don't get to go there much with a 3 year old :) We do go to DTD and walk through the West side, but usually avoid PI. I guess this what happens when you get old:shrug:

RonAnnArbor

HMM, sorry to hear people have had bad experiences...I absolutely LOVE Raglan Road and have never had a bad meal here. Are the prices high, yeahm sure, but they are all over WDW. Do I have a better Irish pub/restauarant here in Ann Arbor, yes of course. But for Downtown Disney it has always been awesome. I was jsut there at CHristmas time and it was beautifully decorated, there certainly was no smell, nor any dirt in the restroom.

It is true that the crowds at Raglan Road come and go -- and if you arrived following a large happy hour party, I am sure it could be a mess. Not only do people from WDW gather at the bar - but it is also a townie hangout for happy hour.

That smell was probably the wood from behind the bar -- at bars, if the wood that the servers stand on is not disinfected and/or replaced, it can have a tremendously horrible smell. For those that don't know, behind the bar, bartenders usually do not stand on the floor. The floor is actually a metal trough that has wood planks placed over it in a grid pattern that the bartenders stand on. That is so the beer and things from the draft dispensers can just overflow on the floor. The get disinfected with bleach during the morning while there are no patrons in the bar. If not cleaned they smell horrendous. The small can waft across the room.

If indeed that is what happened, then they made a huge mistake that day.

Personally, I make a special trip on each WDW visit to get down to Raglan Road for at least one dinner -- sometimes more than one.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
As more and more restaurants and bars are being outsourced by Disney, I'm afraid that this will become the norm and not the exception.

Please write guest relations and express your dissatisfaction, not only with the food but of the lack of cleanliness (smell).

Dagger

Thanks, that explains why I didn't really know aout it. Don't get to go there much with a 3 year old :) We do go to DTD and walk through the West side, but usually avoid PI. I guess this what happens when you get old:shrug:

we took our 1.5 year old and it was pretty late... kids are definitely welcome (but i'd go earlier next time if i were to take her again)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
to each their own... I love this place. Yeah, it's overpriced.. but one doesn't go to Disney to bargainhunt.

kramicart

Original Poster
Are the prices high, yeahm sure, but they are all over WDW.

Even for WDW, these prices are high. C'mon $8.95 for a KID'S meal?!?!

It is true that the crowds at Raglan Road come and go -- and if you arrived following a large happy hour party, I am sure it could be a mess. Not only do people from WDW gather at the bar - but it is also a townie hangout for happy hour.

I agree, but we were there at 11:30 AM.

I forgot to mention the guy smoking at the bar. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought smoking in restaurants was against Florida Law.

I've been around a few bars and recognized the smell in the dining room. My problem was that it was not centered around the bar. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I could smell it all the way across the dining room by the 8 foot oil painting of Bono. Which still doesn't explain the other odd odor in the bathroom.

The experience wasn't all bad. There was a rather funny comedian on the speaker in the bathroom, "I hope to die 99 years old in bed...at the hands of a jealous husband."

After reading the other replies, you guys have motivated me to contact guest relations.

[facetious] Maybe we'll get a free meal at Raglan Road. [/facetious]

CAPTAIN HOOK

HMM, sorry to hear people have had bad experiences...I absolutely LOVE Raglan Road and have never had a bad meal here. Are the prices high, yeahm sure, but they are all over WDW.

We visited RR at least 3 times while at WDW in August. The meals were pricey (but we knew that before we went), the service was excellent and the meals were great. I would recommend RR to anyone wanting to dine at DTD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom