News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

Sped2424

That poster is at least equal to Martin for reliability.
Not saying they aren't feather has a great track record! What I am saying plans have been in a huge flux lately and it wouldn't shock me if this in some form or another ends up here especially if there's a sequel. And if a country that isn't keen on political messages that are "American" can take the film for face value something tells me that isn't what's keeping it from being a land in the states!

Marc Davis Fan

There are no current, serious discussions of anything more than Zootopia m&gs at WDW (and only 1 day per week at that). The varied M&Gs, however, is a test to hopefully allow rarer characters not deemed worthy of a full-time M&G to meet sporadically. Wilde and Hopps are in that category.

A different project is under consideration for DAK.

Are you optimistic about that project so far, especially in terms of it keeping with DAK’s theme and design quality?

Monorail_Red_77

I think whatever they have planned for Rafiki's is well under way. Last time I visited, less than a month before it closed. There was already metal work going on behind plain green scrims at some of the areas where you would walk through the small pavilions on your way to Conservation Station. They were already going vertical with metal works back then.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Whether people feel Zootopia fits in AK or not is academic, all that is important if is Disney thinks it fits, and personally I believe they would have no problem putting it in AK.

jt04

Not saying they aren't feather has a great track record! What I am saying plans have been in a huge flux lately and it wouldn't shock me if this in some form or another ends up here especially if there's a sequel. And if a country that isn't keen on political messages that are "American" can take the film for face value something tells me that isn't what's keeping it from being a land in the states!

You must have seen a different version than I saw.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Hey I’m not saying it would’ve been worse, just Pandora blends so incredibly well with the rest of the park that it’s hard to see a mostly mideval fantasy realm fit better. But it was never built so we’ll never really know.
One of the biggest recurring themes in fantasy is about nature's connection to magic and how man's increasing reach and new technology keeps pushing out nature and the magical creatures and beings that lived there. And most mythology and folklore based around dragons and unicorns, the two starring species of Beastly Kingdom, tended to be about hunting and killing them whether it be to put down a destructive monster or harvest a rare creature for body parts said to have healing abilities, which is super relevant to current conservation concerns.

jt04

One of the biggest recurring themes in fantasy is about nature's connection to magic and how man's increasing reach and new technology keeps pushing out nature and the magical creatures and beings that lived there. And most mythology and folklore based around dragons and unicorns, the two starring species of Beastly Kingdom, tended to be about hunting and killing them whether it be to put down a destructive monster or harvest a rare creature for body parts said to have healing abilities, which is super relevant to current conservation concerns.

Is this really the responsibility of the theme park industry?

jt04

Disney can educate people by other means than theme parks. And they do. Not sure WDW needs to keep piling on layers of the environmental message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom