Quick trip - Need dining help

erstwo

So, we're at the beach, just 2 hours from Orlando and have decided we can NOT stand it. So we booked a room at ASMu for 2 nights this week and are taking a quick getaway from the beach :) to visit WDW!

My question is there are (of course) no ADR's available. So does anyone have a suggestion on where to dine on Monday night (outside of the parks) that might have availability? We're not huge DTD fans, but my son does want to visit the Lego store, so that might be a good time to head to DTD. Or maybe a resort nearby - Beach Club? I really don't know. We want to try to avoid CS as we will be eating it for the next day or so in the parks (unless we can somehow get a walk up - :lol:)

Here are the ones I tried (knowing I probably wouldn't get them, but it never hurts to try!) but couldn't get in:
1900 Park Fare
Ohana
Chef Mickeys
Wave

Thanks everyone!

couchpotatooo

You could try the Crystal Palace the food there is really good, and they have characters there to if that something you want or don't want it would be Pooh and his friends.:shrug:

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Some places that you may not have to wait too long at are Kona Cafe (Polynesian) or Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. I have walked up to Kona before early in the evening and gotten seated within about 20 minutes. Not bad for having an ADR. As for Wolfgang Puck, it is technically counter service but the food is really good and there is a lot to choose from. You order at a counter and then go find a table. A waiter brings you your food just like they would anywhere else. The prices are pretty reasonable too. Big River Grille at the Boardwalk is also a good choice for a walk up.

Sometimes these spur of the moment dining experience are a lot of fun because you are forced to think outside the box and try things you normally wouldn't. Also, don't underestimate the power of a same-day ADR. I have gotten pretty lucky calling in the morning (or stopping by guest relations) and scoring some great ADRs for later in the day.

Upvote 0
I know you said no CS...but my kids love Earl of Sandwich in DTD. :ROFLOL:

How about the GF Cafe? Or...at the Beach Club there is Beaches and Cream - burgers I know...but it's soooo good.... or there is the Captains Grill (I think it's called that) or Cape May Cafe (it's a good buffet w/out charaacters so not as popular)

At the Boardwalk there is Kuzzina, and ESPN Club...and also restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin. It's a fun area to just hang out at night and spend time so you could eat there, too.

We aren't big DTD peeps so I am not sure what else to recommend....or you could take the boat from DTD to Port Orleans resorts and Boatwrights....or ??? Drawing a blank...but the ride is fun, too...and those restaurants don't get booked as much.

Have fun! I love spontaneous trips!
D

Upvote 0

lovepooh

I agree with the OP Captains Grille is a hidden Gem. They are located at the Yacht Club and I was able to get same day ADR during free dinning so I would give them a try. If your a steak lover you will not be disapointed!

Good luck to you and enjoy!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

yankspy

Kona or the GF Cafe are both great. Whispering Canyon is another option. Captain's Grille might have something as well. The Garden Grove cafe at the Swan has a good breakfast. You also might have better luck trying non-traditional meal times. Perhaps an early dinner at 4:00.

Upvote 0

cdunbar

Did you check online or did you call? Because if you call you can just say to them can you check Magic Kingdom on Monday night between 5 & 7pm, where with the website you can't do that. China & Mexico are sometimes pretty easy to do walk-ups for, and it's showing Hollywood & Vine on Monday at 4. If I was you I would call, if you haven't yet, and then if you have no luck call again tomorrow a few times, sometimes things do open up, it's rare but it does happen....:wave:

Upvote 0

Demeter Tess

Might want to try the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. My family stopped by this summer without a reservation and the wait was maybe 10 minutes. Great atmosphere, and not quite as expensive as similar dining options.

Upvote 0

erstwo

Original Poster
Thanks again everyone! We got into 2 great places - and you all gave me the courage to do the "walk ups!" I'll put it all in my trip report - which I will type up as soon as the kids are asleep tonight. We are back at the beach and ready for some more sun & surf!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom