Quick CBR question???

My family stayed at CBR back in Dec 2000. We do not remember there being "connecting rooms" (rooms with door between them). We are going in Oct back to CBR with friends and want connecting rooms. Do they not have them or are they in just certain rooms in the buildings? Any help is appreciated!

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. After i thought about it, it seemed like we stayed in a corner room which may not have had a connecting room.

BTW, how has the food court changed since 2000.

Upvote 0
My wife and I were there this past June. We stayed in room 5349 (King bed), and we were adjoined to another room. By the way, that was on the little island of Aruba.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

ajoining rooms are NOT the same as connecting rooms.
Connecting rooms have a door between the two.. Ajoining rooms are rooms in close proximity to each other. Please be careful when making your reservations. :wave:

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
Thanks for the info. After i thought about it, it seemed like we stayed in a corner room which may not have had a connecting room.

BTW, how has the food court changed since 2000.

They made it brighter. They changed the drink areas and cashier areas to those like the All-Stars and AKL, maybe others.

They moved the sit-down restaurant to the other end.

I've got some pictures in my photo album..

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=1383&cat=500&thumb=1

Upvote 0
Originally posted by antoinebusby
My wife and I were there this past June. We stayed in room 5349 (King bed), and we were adjoined to another room. By the way, that was on the little island of Aruba.

Let me clarify my post....

Room 5349 was connected to the room next to it. There was a door to the left of the bed that led to the other room. Heck, adjoining...connecting...it is all the same thing to me.

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by tigsmom
ajoining rooms are NOT the same as connecting rooms.
Connecting rooms have a door between the two.. Ajoining rooms are rooms in close proximity to each other. Please be careful when making your reservations. :wave:

YES! We had this problem last March. It took a few hours before they were able to switch us around, so choose your words carefully.

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
That's great, thanks for all the help. We asked for connecting rooms at the All-Stars and never had problems getting them so i hope this will be the case for CBR.

Look forward to the new food court area.

Does the CBR have "preferred rooms" like the All-Stars where you pay $10 more for a room closer to the food court? It is not listed on the official web site but someone on another thread said they were going to charge $10 more for a closer room. Anybody heard of this????

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
Here's the quote from another thread from Pooh Face........

""I am so excited! We are going to the CBR in May 2004!!! We have never been to the CBR and I am wondering which area is better to stay at. I know Martinique and Trinidad are the closest however, they will be charging an extra $15 a nite to stay at these locations. ""

BTW, great pics TLB.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
Here's the quote from another thread from Pooh Face........

""I am so excited! We are going to the CBR in May 2004!!! We have never been to the CBR and I am wondering which area is better to stay at. I know Martinique and Trinidad are the closest however, they will be charging an extra $15 a nite to stay at these locations. ""

BTW, great pics TLB.:sohappy:

I stayed in Martinique in February and was not charged an extra $15 a night.

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

I havent been to caribean beach in years but i remember when my mom would make the reservations she would tell them that we wanted for our room to be as close as possible to old port royale. We always got these rooms though they tell u its a request and its not guaranntted u will get it. By the way this was at no extra cost.

Upvote 0

afr117

Can somebody who has been there recently confirm that the Aruba buildings are still bright PINK? We were there in 97 before the rehab and they were, but I did not know if they changed when they were re-done. It means a lot to my 3 yo DD to stay in a PINK hotel. Thanks.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Originally posted by afr117
Can somebody who has been there recently confirm that the Aruba buildings are still bright PINK? We were there in 97 before the rehab and they were, but I did not know if they changed when they were re-done. It means a lot to my 3 yo DD to stay in a PINK hotel. Thanks.

it still looks pink:

http://www.wdwig.com/g_cbr.htm

These are said to be new photos. :wave:

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Buildings in Aruba are still bright pink!

In the spring of next year...certain buildings in Martinique and Trinandad North will become Prefered rooms...and you will need to pay extra...

Corner rooms do have connecting rooms...we were in one last year...one room was a corner...the other not...both double beds!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom