Questions About Annual Pass Specials!?!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Hi folks, in the v early stages of planning my next trip to the world and ive been checking out all the info about annual passes and i saw that at the moment you can get 40% off the nightly rate at AKL, the price is great value so my questions are;

How often do specials on room rates become available?

Would the discounts be on many resorts?

What are the restaurants that give discounts for AP holders?

Are there discounts on merchandise in the parks?

All help and any additional info are more than welcome and greatly appreciated, thanx in advance :wave::wave::wave:

wannabeBelle

So if i book a stay at a resort and later an offer comes up for the time i am staying there then i get that rate???

Not necessarily, You would have to call and have the new promotion appled to your existing reservation. If there is availability, you will get the lower rate. If you wait until you are at check in you will pay the rate you had originally booked. Belle

Upvote 0

romiti

Two questions about APs:

1) If I buy an AP in August '09, but don't get TiW until March '10, will my TiW card only be active for the remainder of my AP (August) or will it be good for the full year, regardless of whether or not my AP is still valid?

2) The full price of a PAP is $659.24, while the price of a standard AP is $520.79, for a difference of $138.45. I know I'll visit BB and TL enough to make it worth it, but I won't visit DisneyQuest or WWoS at all. Can I buy an AP ($520.79) and a Water Park Hopper AP ($106.45), thereby saving $32? Has anyone done this before? Am I crazy? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Two questions about APs:

1) If I buy an AP in August '09, but don't get TiW until March '10, will my TiW card only be active for the remainder of my AP (August) or will it be good for the full year, regardless of whether or not my AP is still valid?

2) The full price of a PAP is $659.24, while the price of a standard AP is $520.79, for a difference of $138.45. I know I'll visit BB and TL enough to make it worth it, but I won't visit DisneyQuest or WWoS at all. Can I buy an AP ($520.79) and a Water Park Hopper AP ($106.45), thereby saving $32? Has anyone done this before? Am I crazy? :veryconfu

Hi there Romiti,
1) The AP just qualifies you to purchase the TiW (Formerly known as the DDE card, I liked that name better) card. Your expiration date on your AP would have no effect on your effective or expiration date on the TiW card at all.
2) I havent done it but I cant see why that would not work, other than having to carry two passes instead of just the one pass. I would definitely inquire as to if this is OK though, just to be absolutely sure.
Have a great time!!! Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

You are certainly welcome. BTW, The TiW card is good for 365 days not per calendar year, so using your example if you bought the TiW card in March of 2010 it will be good until March of 2011. Enjoy the savings and the great food!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

Also, the room availability for the discounts change all the time. I've been trying to get the AP discount for our Nov./Dec. trip to the Poly, which I had booked with a AAA rate. When I called, there were no rooms at the Poly available for the AP rate. I kept checking the website and yesterday, rooms opened up, and I called and rebooked and saved a couple of hundred dollars.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Two questions about APs:

I've done this in the past for the reasons you've listed.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Also, the room availability for the discounts change all the time. I've been trying to get the AP discount for our Nov./Dec. trip to the Poly, which I had booked with a AAA rate. When I called, there were no rooms at the Poly available for the AP rate. I kept checking the website and yesterday, rooms opened up, and I called and rebooked and saved a couple of hundred dollars.

Wow kool, whats the chances of me getting a special rate for the poly the last 2 weeks in july??

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow kool, whats the chances of me getting a special rate for the poly the last 2 weeks in july??
Not super great. The Poly is one of Disney's most popular resorts and that is peak season to boot. All you can do is keep your ear to the ground and check the second that AP rates come out.

Upvote 0

HollyBelle

Something else about TiW... mine have always been valid just over a year. Usually a little more than 13 months. For example, I bought my most recent one on July 11, 2009. My expiration date is for August 31, 2010. My previous card was bought May 5, 2008 and expired June 30, 2009. It's always been this way for me.... the last day of the month following the purchase month a year later.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Not super great. The Poly is one of Disney's most popular resorts and that is peak season to boot. All you can do is keep your ear to the ground and check the second that AP rates come out.

Ha i didnt think so, im not too worried bwt it but if 1 came up id grab it :lol:

Upvote 0

Rob562

As Durangojim said, there's no problem at all doing this. Back when Pleasure Island was still open, I'd get a regular AP for the theme parks, and then a PI AP. I had no need for admission to the water parks or DQ, so a Premium AP was a waste of money. I just had to keep track of two admission tickets.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Wow from half the responses i can def see the advantages to being an annual pass holder, esp when my stays are so long, and the money i will save could lead to multiple trips per year which usually wud be unheard of

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Ohhhh - LISTEN to this man! Tables in Wonderland by ITSELF saves us hundreds of Dollars every year - no points, no screwing around... its wonderful, and generally pays for itself on 1/2 of one trip. The key? Go to good restaurants (what a sacrifice).

EVERY AP holder should buy this service. Without a doubt, it is the BEST "Dining Plan" at WDW.

From what ive read i absolutely agree :wave::wave::wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have to agree as well. TiW is an amazing service, I just really wish they would change the name to something else, this name is terrible, but the benefits are fabulous. It is great that Disney opened this plan to AP holders as we do come so often (I average 4-6 trips a year) so it is great to have this to save some money on the sit down dining that I do which is most of the time!!! If you are planning on going multiple times a year, the AP is no doubt a great deal!!! Belle

Upvote 0

timeman

Ohhhh - LISTEN to this man! Tables in Wonderland by ITSELF saves us hundreds of Dollars every year - no points, no screwing around... its wonderful, and generally pays for itself on 1/2 of one trip. The key? Go to good restaurants (what a sacrifice).

EVERY AP holder should buy this service. Without a doubt, it is the BEST "Dining Plan" at WDW.

I for one will not buy the Tables In Wonderland Card as it is not worth it for me. For it to save you hundreds of dollars, you would have to spend a lot of money at sit down restuarants in Disney.

Unless you are going to spend more then $375 on food at sit down restuarants at Disney then it is worthless. The card costs you $75 and to break even you will need to spend $375 on food at the restuarants, after that you will start to save money. You will have to spend another $500 on food just to save $100.

To figure out if it is worth it, you have to figure the break even amount in. I ususally go for one week to Orlando and am only at Disney for about three days. Even if I hit a restuarant twice a day for 7 days I would lose money. I ususally average $10 a day on food while on vacation, but if I went to a restuarant it would average $20 a meal. If you total the amount I would spend that way even with two meals a day for 7 days I would only save $56 on the meals, so I would still be out $19.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I for one will not buy the Tables In Wonderland Card as it is not worth it for me. For it to save you hundreds of dollars, you would have to spend a lot of money at sit down restuarants in Disney.

Unless you are going to spend more then $375 on food at sit down restuarants at Disney then it is worthless. The card costs you $75 and to break even you will need to spend $375 on food at the restuarants, after that you will start to save money. You will have to spend another $500 on food just to save $100.

To figure out if it is worth it, you have to figure the break even amount in. I ususally go for one week to Orlando and am only at Disney for about three days. Even if I hit a restuarant twice a day for 7 days I would lose money. I ususally average $10 a day on food while on vacation, but if I went to a restuarant it would average $20 a meal. If you total the amount I would spend that way even with two meals a day for 7 days I would only save $56 on the meals, so I would still be out $19.
I almost hate to ask but if you are spending only 3 days at WDW why are you getting an AP? (An AP or Fl residency is required to get TIWL) TIWL is not for everyone. As you pointed out the numbers do not line up for you but for most people that get AP's, travel with 2 or more people, and eat TS regularly the TIWL is a huge savings.

Upvote 0

durangojim

If this is the case, then TiW is absolutely not for you. I'm wondering where you can get a TS meal for only $20? I'm assuiming you never order a drink, appetizer, or desert, and that you travel alone? Most of us with APs go for more than 3 days out of the year (why you would have an AP for only 3 days is something I'm wondering) and a lot travel with others. For us, the TiW card paid for itself the in the first 6 days. Now the next 25 in the next 8 months will all be discounts with the card for us.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Original Poster

For me it shows huge savings!
Average of 3 weeks at the world per trip, with about 20 sit down meals at $100 a pop is $2000 and with the TIW card i would save $400

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Many people feel park touring is the priority and that is fine so quick service meals may be the better option. Over the past few years being down at Disney for at least 5 -6 days at a time on average of 4-6 trips a year with at least one or more friends along, I have made time to go to a LOT of the TS opions including some of the signature restaurants so the TiW card DEFINITELY works for me. The table service options that Disney has are pretty good and in most cases are totally unique in terms of atmosphere, and theming. Unless money is an issue, I would suggest that you do try one and definitely one of the more themed ones such as the 50's Prime Time Cafe or the Sci Fi Drive In to get a taste of what you are missing. It is another aspect of Disney to explore and enjoy on your trips. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom