Question: Liing about the # of aldults in 1 room!?!

ricksouave

I was wondering...Well, actually me and 3 of my buddys r planning a trip 2 disney world this january... we would like to stay at a All-star resort...but dont have much money...so ... Do we really need to tell them that we are 4 adults in the same room....? :zipit:

thank U all , 4 UR help....!

crazygirley

MouseMadness said:
Okay, this has gotten weird... so kinda back on topic, or maybe to add to it, we're talking an extra $20 a night for the other two people staying in the room, from what I understand. May be just me, but I'm thinking if you can't afford an extra $20 a night (which would break down to an extra $5 per night per person... yes, I AM a genius!) then maybe WDW isn't the best place to plan to vacation.
Fantastically stated!

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

crazygirley said:
Look, arguing is not my MO for the day. I am not going to argue with you. I reread your first post, and I was mistaken. I was just under the assumption that you thought that it wasn't a crime, but now I can see that you do, and that we both are pretty much on the same page on this issue. I'm sorry for causing trouble with you. Let's carry on, shall we? Sorry Gail...
No problem, have a great day. :)

Upvote 0

MickeyLuv'r

Interesting...

Earlier in this post, sopmeone said that the tax ratefor rooms at the All-stars is 6+11%=17% - which is REALLY a lot of tax to pay. I confirmed this infor on All-ears, and on Expedia - but I was pretty certain the rate was 13% - sure enough, through the Disney web page, the tax rate is 13%. Now why would All-ears have the 17% rate? Can anyone clarify this?

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

MickeyLuv'r said:
Interesting...

Earlier in this post, sopmeone said that the tax ratefor rooms at the All-stars is 6+11%=17% - which is REALLY a lot of tax to pay. I confirmed this infor on All-ears, and on Expedia - but I was pretty certain the rate was 13% - sure enough, through the Disney web page, the tax rate is 13%. Now why would All-ears have the 17% rate? Can anyone clarify this?
It is odd the way she phrases it. She also has the tax rate for resorts incorrect for the All Stars. It is, indeed, 13% while the other resorts are at 11.5%.

I will drop her a note.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I do believe that's because All Stars fall within Osceola County, while the rest fall in Orange County... I could be mistaken though.

As far as the sneaking extra people... you CAN get away with it, yes... but if someone that isn't on the reservation is locked out of the room, they won't be given a key... which can lead up to many more questions... and getting caught.

Upvote 0

DisneyWood

ACE said:
I did! :D Looked the person up in the phone book, called them for directions to their house, and took the wallet AND money to them.

Bet you guys never thought I was that nice. :lol:

:wave: ACE

That is excellent. Very commendable and honorable. This just goes to show that there are still honest people around, and will not sacrifice their character or integrity at any price.

What was their reaction when you called? When you arrived at their house with their wallet? I would have been ecstatic.

Oh yeah, thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

tigger248 said:
I doubt there would be a criminal penalty for something like that.

While it's immoral, my family has been known to do it once or twice. :eek: I stayed a kid until I was like 19, but now I'm an adult. We've never had anything said to us. If anything were, then you could always straighten it out there by telling them that the extras just decided to come along after the initial reservations were made. The worst thing that will happen is that they'll charge you the extra $10. I see it as no different than those who pool hop when they're not technically supposed to, or those who bring back the mugs (which clearly state that they are valid only on the original stay) and refill them on all vacations.

Is it immoral and wrong? Yes.

Do many people do it anyway? Yes.

Oh, and also, if you don't tell them four adults, you won't all get room keys. Obviously you only get room keys for the people they know are there.

My parents did the same thing for my sister until she turned 20.

Here's why the rule is stupid:

What's the real difference between a tall 16 year old and sombody who takes up the exact same space that just happens to be 25 (or 30 or 45)?

Absolutely nothing! Disney does this to cash in on the quick buck. There is no real logic behind it. I don't advocate lying about ages or hiding how many people are in rooms. Nevertheless, you have to wonder wether the rule is actually a good one in the first place.;)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Any rules involving age will seem unfair to someone. Why is an 18 year old considered mature enough to vote and enter into contracts, but not old enough to drink? Why is a fifteen year old too young to drive, but a day later is mature enough?

By the same token, why does AARP consider my husband and me "retired?" :lol:

Bottom line, if the age cut off for an extra adult was raised to 21, some people with college students, who are financially dependent, of that age would consider it unfair. :animwink:

Upvote 0

MickeyLuv'r

mkt said:
I do believe that's because All Stars fall within Osceola County, while the rest fall in Orange County... I could be mistaken though.
I am aware of that, just to clarify,that is not what I was asking. I am asking why there are two different tax rates quoted for the SAME hotel on different booking sites.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

The Mom said:
Any rules involving age will seem unfair to someone. Why is an 18 year old considered mature enough to vote and enter into contracts, but not old enough to drink? Why is a fifteen year old too young to drive, but a day later is mature enough?

By the same token, why does AARP consider my husband and me "retired?" :lol:

Bottom line, if the age cut off for an extra adult was raised to 21, some people with college students, who are financially dependent, of that age would consider it unfair. :animwink:

This isn't an issue of maturity though. This is just an issue of who takes up space more.

I'll follow the rule, however, I still think it's a stupid and underhanded way for Disney to make a quick buck.

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

imagineer99 said:
My parents did the same thing for my sister until she turned 20.

Here's why the rule is stupid:

What's the real difference between a tall 16 year old and sombody who takes up the exact same space that just happens to be 25 (or 30 or 45)?

Absolutely nothing! Disney does this to cash in on the quick buck. There is no real logic behind it. I don't advocate lying about ages or hiding how many people are in rooms. Nevertheless, you have to wonder wether the rule is actually a good one in the first place.;)
It is not only Disney that does this. Most resorts/hotels all over the country do the same thing.

Might be a "stupid" rule, but, it is a rule none the less and if you book a room, you tacitly agree to their rules.

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

MickeyLuv'r said:
I am aware of that, just to clarify,that is not what I was asking. I am asking why there are two different tax rates quoted for the SAME hotel on different booking sites.
Because, obviously, someone made an error.

Upvote 0

MickeyLuv'r

Gail Hayden said:
Because, obviously, someone made an error.
No, I don't think so. If you read my earlier post - both Expedia and All-Ears quote the 17% tax rate, while the Disney site says 13%. I highly doubt the official site is in error. As I highly doubt both of the other two websites are in error. :hammer: If it were obvious, I wouldn't have posted the question.

Upvote 0

buxfan76

Well then if you and your buds just wanna crash, all you need is a room like the all star resort. heck, i like to go there because of the great price rates.
It shouldnt be a big deal if just a couple of you go into the room 2 at a time at separate times.
Anyways, go to Downtown Disney til 2, and just crash at the room , no one would even care to be in a bed. but if you need an extra room, just get an interlocking room. its all up to you.

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

MickeyLuv'r said:
No, I don't think so. If you read my earlier post - both Expedia and All-Ears quote the 17% tax rate, while the Disney site says 13%. I highly doubt the official site is in error. As I highly doubt both of the other two websites are in error. :hammer: If it were obvious, I wouldn't have posted the question.
I did read your earlier post.
Well, let's look at it this way. IF the official website says it is 13% and the other two say it is 17%, someone is in error. Mousesavers, btw, says it is 13%.

Expedia does not state the actual % on room tax, they do give you a figure which includes the tax and their fee, which does equal approx. 17%.

All ears shows prices without tax. It does not add the sales tax and resort tax together, she just states that the sales tax and resort tax are not included, she also has the wrong amount for resort tax. She does not say that it is 17%.

Sorry, but, it was obvious to me: if two places say one thing and one place says another, then obviously someone is in error. It is impossible for two different answers to be correct.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Gail Hayden said:
I did read your earlier post.
Well, let's look at it this way. IF the official website says it is 13% and the other two say it is 17%, someone is in error. Mousesavers, btw, says it is 13%.

Expedia does not state the actual % on room tax, they do give you a figure which includes the tax and their fee, which does equal approx. 17%.

All ears shows prices without tax. It does not add the sales tax and resort tax together, she just states that the sales tax and resort tax are not included, she also has the wrong amount for resort tax. She does not say that it is 17%.

Sorry, but, it was obvious to me: if two places say one thing and one place says another, then obviously someone is in error. It is impossible for two different answers to be correct.
It's 13% in Osceola, and, someone correct me if I am wrong, 11.5% or 11% in Orange.

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

crazygirley said:
It's 13% in Osceola, and, someone correct me if I am wrong, 11.5% or 11% in Orange.
You are correct, 13% in Osceola and 11.5% in Orange.

My contention was that All Ears does not add the two together and in fact, has the wrong % on her board. I wrote her a note and told her some are getting confused with the way she states it and also the % is incorrect.

Mousesavers states 13% for All Stars.

Expedia, does, indeed add up to 17%. But, that includes tax and their fee.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Gail Hayden said:
You are correct, 13% in Osceola and 11.5% in Orange.

My contention was that All Ears does not add the two together and in fact, has the wrong % on her board. I wrote her a note and told her some are getting confused with the way she states it and also the % is incorrect.

Mousesavers states 13% for All Stars.

Expedia, does, indeed add up to 17%. But, that includes tax and their fee.
I think that these websites get confused... I feel bad for the people who rely on them to budget their trips or something.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

MickeyLuv'r said:
Interesting...

Trust me, the All-Stars are 13%.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom