Question: Liing about the # of aldults in 1 room!?!

ricksouave

I was wondering...Well, actually me and 3 of my buddys r planning a trip 2 disney world this january... we would like to stay at a All-star resort...but dont have much money...so ... Do we really need to tell them that we are 4 adults in the same room....? :zipit:

thank U all , 4 UR help....!

Yellow Shoes

DDuckFan130 said:
I just finished going twice in the past month, and everyone gets a card to the room, adult or not.

You got a room key because you were registered in that room. In all likelihood, the name on the key was the name of the parent who made the reservation.

If you book a room for 2 people, you will get 2 keys. Your room was booked for 4 people.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

Yellow Shoes said:
You got a room key because you were registered in that room. In all likelihood, the name on the key was the name of the parent who made the reservation.

If you book a room for 2 people, you will get 2 keys. Your room was booked for 4 people.
I figured I got confused. Everyone was saying different things so that threw me off. Oh well, sorry.

Upvote 0

TheOneVader

I'm not saying that you should do this, but I seriously doubt Disney would waste the time to take you to court or anything. I doubt they'd even care.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I forgot to add this before, it may be 10 extra dollars a night for a value, it is 25 for a deluxe. I mean for 4 adults in a deluxe room for a week that is an extra $350. On top of the 200 or 300 you might be paying already. And you pay hotel tax on that (what is it now 11%?) And what for? The privrage of sharing your already cramped hotel room with someone else.

I guess I am rather grumpy tonight and just needed to vent, but that really is an anoying way that hotels rip you off. :(

Upvote 0

badnitrus

s25843 said:
There needs to be someone who is over 18 registered and staying in the room, or else checkin is a no-go...

About that... what is the minimum age to check in at a hotel in Florida (not just Disney World, but Universal Studios also??)

Two years ago, I flew all the way from Montreal with my younger sister (I was 18 at the time). Had booked a room at the Caribbean Beach Resort. They asked for a piece of ID (my passport), had no problem, gave me the keys.

Now, two years later (this summer), I phoned to make a reservation at the Pop Century, had no problem once again. But then after, I called the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Studios, and they said I had to be 21 to check in. So I gave somebody else's name.

Is it different for each property, or is some kind of law?

Upvote 0

jesserin

badnitrus said:
About that... what is the minimum age to check in at a hotel in Florida (not just Disney World, but Universal Studios also??)

Two years ago, I flew all the way from Montreal with my younger sister (I was 18 at the time). Had booked a room at the Caribbean Beach Resort. They asked for a piece of ID (my passport), had no problem, gave me the keys.

Now, two years later (this summer), I phoned to make a reservation at the Pop Century, had no problem once again. But then after, I called the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Studios, and they said I had to be 21 to check in. So I gave somebody else's name.

Is it different for each property, or is some kind of law?
Legally you have to be at least 18 - but each hotel is allowed to make their own rules from their - personally a lot of the crowds that Universal draws would make it very smart to set the age at 21. (just in general that is) But Disney on the other hand tends (i do say tends...) to draw a little less crazy crowd.

S25843 - thanks for clarifying that point. - At least one person has to be over 18 - but if 2 or more are under 18 then you wouldn't have to pay the surcharge. Just as long as one is 18+ you'll be ok.

Upvote 0

tigger248

crazygirley said:
Never lie. That's when bad things happen and people get caught. I am sure the criminal penalty is stiffer than that little extra you would be charged.

I doubt there would be a criminal penalty for something like that.

While it's immoral, my family has been known to do it once or twice. :eek: I stayed a kid until I was like 19, but now I'm an adult. We've never had anything said to us. If anything were, then you could always straighten it out there by telling them that the extras just decided to come along after the initial reservations were made. The worst thing that will happen is that they'll charge you the extra $10. I see it as no different than those who pool hop when they're not technically supposed to, or those who bring back the mugs (which clearly state that they are valid only on the original stay) and refill them on all vacations.

Is it immoral and wrong? Yes.

Do many people do it anyway? Yes.

Oh, and also, if you don't tell them four adults, you won't all get room keys. Obviously you only get room keys for the people they know are there.

Upvote 0

tigger248

DisneyPhD said:
I forgot to add this before, it may be 10 extra dollars a night for a value, it is 25 for a deluxe. I mean for 4 adults in a deluxe room for a week that is an extra $350. On top of the 200 or 300 you might be paying already. And you pay hotel tax on that (what is it now 11%?) And what for? The privrage of sharing your already cramped hotel room with someone else.

I guess I am rather grumpy tonight and just needed to vent, but that really is an anoying way that hotels rip you off. :(

I agree completely with you there. That is exactly the reason why my parents counted me as a kid until I was 19. The first time we told them I was an adult, was when we went for my 20th birthday. My brother was 18 at the time and we did count him as a kid. It's rediculous for a family of four to have to pay such outrageous fees (we were staying in the Poly, so it wasn't cheap for me to grow up) just because the kids are big kids. My past 3 trips since then, I've been an adult though. It's still angering to have 3 people (my last trip was just me, my mom, and my aunt) in a room and have to pay more. We took up no more space than say a family of four with teenagers. I think that as long as there are no more than 4 in the room (the posted rules), then that should be enough. I strongly dislike the extra surcharge.

Upvote 0

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Standard Disney policy (not listed anywhere, it's an inside company thing) is to look the other way unless you cause trouble. Now, there are a few CMs who don't follow this policy, but for the most part, it is in place. However, you WILL have to live with the guilt that you ARE doing something dis-honest. You will have to live with the guilt factor. I will say that Disney's not going to do anything to you though. And about the extra keys, you can always request them later on. Disney normally won't ask questions on why you want the key. Yes, there are times when they will ask, but it doesn't happen much. And no, Disney's not going to kick you out of the room, the worst is that they'd ask you to pay the difference. Unless of course you disturb another guest. But I know you wouldn't do that. :)

Okay, I'm going back to where I was... wherever that is. :lol:

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

LadyDarling said:
Actually, it is considered Fraud and prosecutable to the full extent of the law. I'm always a "better safe than sorry" person, but we did nail someone for this at one hotel.

Our neighbors were having an unrulely, loud, sexual party and we know the hotel only allowed 4 to a room, but there were about 6-8 voices. So we called management. Security came and checked them our and by 1am, all of them were on the street with thier information already taken by the hotel. The one who made the room reservation is responsible for the settlement. The management did tell us that much. They didn't tell us how much the settlement was for, but probably for much more than it would have cost for them to get one more hotel room.

Granted, we only caught them becuase it was midnight and they were having a wild party.

But this goes back to the age old "If you find a wallet with $300 and ID on the ground, do you return it?"

You are also adding to the hotel's liability. If there was a problem and someone was injured in your room due to something going wrong (It's disney, but it CAN happen), Disney could not be held liable for your friends beyond the 2 on the reservation.

In the end, IMHO, it's just not worth the risk, but I'm a "play it safe" sort of gal when i travel. :D
Trust me, I do also. As to the wallet question. Well, we did find one at a horse show. The owner had lost it the previous year, it was in the fold up seats. When we pulled the seat down to sit, there it was. There was money in it and his id. We called the gentleman, he said keep the money in the wallet and please send it back. We sent the wallet and the money back. :)
Honesty is the best policy, always.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Gail Hayden said:
Trust me, I do also. As to the wallet question. Well, we did find one at a horse show. The owner had lost it the previous year, it was in the fold up seats. When we pulled the seat down to sit, there it was. There was money in it and his id. We called the gentleman, he said keep the money in the wallet and please send it back. We sent the wallet and the money back. :)
Honesty is the best policy, always.
So you're saying that honesty is the best policy, but at the same time, you don't think it's a crime to not pay a fee but use the service?

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

crazygirley said:
Are you telling me that lying to get around a charge, and then having people stay for free isn't theft? You are mistaken. It is theft, and that is a misdemeanor if it is under $1000... a felony if more than that. These people, as you have ever so helpfully told us not once but twice, will be ripping Disney off $20 a night. If they got caught and Disney decded to press charges, they would be in trouble.

Care to argue, Gail?
Did I say anywhere that is was NOT theft? Reread my post.
Disney probably would not press charges, they are very lax in that area.
Is this theft, felony or misdemeanor a class a, b, or c charge?
Argue with you? Not in this lifetime. I have much better things to do.

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

crazygirley said:
So you're saying that honesty is the best policy, but at the same time, you don't think it's a crime to not pay a fee but use the service?
You apparently have a problem with reading comprehension. I think it is dishonest as he** not to pay. What is your little problem? It would be a loss to Disney for 20.00 per night, should they wish to have these "felons" jailed, it would cost them more to prosecute than they would get back. I do believe it is theft. I do believe it is dishonest. I would not do it, and frankly, I only take accountablility for my own actions.
Now, there are plenty of other forums to argue on. If that is you MO for the day, I suggest you go find one.

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

crazygirley said:
LOL, I laugh at that comment, especially since you replied to it in the first place. Have a great day, Gail!
I did not reply to argue with you, I replied to tell you were mistaken. They do NOT take criminal action against people who break the max. people to a room.
Can you comprehend that?

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

tigger248 said:
I agree completely with you there. That is exactly the reason why my parents counted me as a kid until I was 19. The first time we told them I was an adult, was when we went for my 20th birthday. My brother was 18 at the time and we did count him as a kid. It's rediculous for a family of four to have to pay such outrageous fees (we were staying in the Poly, so it wasn't cheap for me to grow up) just because the kids are big kids. My past 3 trips since then, I've been an adult though. It's still angering to have 3 people (my last trip was just me, my mom, and my aunt) in a room and have to pay more. We took up no more space than say a family of four with teenagers. I think that as long as there are no more than 4 in the room (the posted rules), then that should be enough. I strongly dislike the extra surcharge.
I can understand your dislike for the surcharge. I have often wondered why they impose it. But, I do know most places do it, not that it makes it easier to swallow.

Upvote 0

ricksouave

Original Poster
Ok......Ish....lots of responses.....thanks to all..... Well... every things been clarified....So....W'll propobly pay the extra 20$...cos...things COULD get complicated.... And we want to enjoy or stay(and the extra hours in the park) without woriying....anyhow...thank u all 4 your help....

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Gail Hayden said:
I did not reply to argue with you, I replied to tell you were mistaken. They do NOT take criminal action against people who break the max. people to a room.
Can you comprehend that?
Look, arguing is not my MO for the day. I am not going to argue with you. I reread your first post, and I was mistaken. I was just under the assumption that you thought that it wasn't a crime, but now I can see that you do, and that we both are pretty much on the same page on this issue. I'm sorry for causing trouble with you. Let's carry on, shall we? Sorry Gail...

Upvote 0

MouseMadness

Okay, this has gotten weird... so kinda back on topic, or maybe to add to it, we're talking an extra $20 a night for the other two people staying in the room, from what I understand. May be just me, but I'm thinking if you can't afford an extra $20 a night (which would break down to an extra $5 per night per person... yes, I AM a genius!) then maybe WDW isn't the best place to plan to vacation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom