Question from a "Beer Snob"

djrgolf1951

Original Poster
Although we have been to the world dozens of times, we usually have a car, so I haven't had this problem before. Since we will be using DME for our October trip, my options are going to be limited.

Problem. I really like having a six pack in the room to enjoy during "down time", but I have never been impressed with the beer selection Disney has in the resort shops. Is there anywhere on property where I can get something like Sam Adams? It's not worth it to take a taxi to the store just for that. Am I out of luck?

Thanks,

Dave

mickeysshoes

There is a gas station on property...Hess maybe?? that has a store that we have purchased beer at before. Its near the Swan. We had one of cabs stop there on evening. I did not go in so i dont know what they sell but it might be worth checking out. Good Luck!!!

ddbowdoin

Although we have been to the world dozens of times, we usually have a car, so I haven't had this problem before. Since we will be using DME for our October trip, my options are going to be limited.

Problem. I really like having a six pack in the room to enjoy during "down time", but I have never been impressed with the beer selection Disney has in the resort shops. Is there anywhere on property where I can get something like Sam Adams? It's not worth it to take a taxi to the store just for that. Am I out of luck?

Thanks,

Dave

pack a case in your luggage!

G-bone

This is good to know. We went a year ago and I had to keep buying single beers at the gift shop at $3 a piece. Going back in Sept and was going to ask the same question. Cab it to the nearest liquor store I guess.

zurgandfriend

I'm not a drinker but I seem to remember that they sold Sam Adams in the World Showcase. American Adventure or on of the refreshment posts? I'm not sure you want to buy six and carry them back to your resort however.

DisneyLeo18

I don't always drink beer, but when I do... I make it a Dos Equis.

Without taking a cab, or buying the beer in the resort shop (usually coors i think?) I think you may be out of luck. Unless you can check out that Hess gas station. Looks like it would have a selection.

Mr. Morrow

Without taking a cab, or buying the beer in the resort shop (usually coors i think?) I think you may be out of luck. Unless you can check out that Hess gas station. Looks like it would have a selection.

:ROFLOL:

most_interesting_man.jpg

EaglesfanNJ

Stay thirsty my friends!

dreamfinder

The resorts sell six packs of coors?

They do sell six packs, I don't know if Coors is in their limited selection. It seems to pretty much be whatever the bar at that resort has on hand. You will end up paying the per item price for the sixer though, no price break to be found.

Phonedave

"When he goes out, the waiter tips HIM"

"For him, there are ZERO wonders of the world"

He once taught a Gemran Shepard to bark…..in Spanish.

He once had an awkward moment, just to see what it felt like.

As far as buying decent beer on property at less than robbery prices - I have yet to find any.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom