Question for those on DDP doing character meals

capecodhome

Has anyone had any trouble when they were on the dining plan eating at more than one character meal? The official rule only say 1 character meal, but the disney agent on the phone said you could use as many table service credit with characters as you like.

lilclerk

Where does it say you can only have one character meal? I've never heard that before... are you sure it's not that it costs 1 table service credit for each character meal? (except Cindy's)
You have your set number of credits (if you're there 7 nights, you get 7 TS credits, 7 CS, and 7 snacks) and you can use them however you want.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I don't know who told you that, but we did two character meals this last trip with the DDP. There is no restriction, other than how many credits you have to use.

Upvote 0

capecodhome

Original Poster
"The basic dining plan allows for some flexibility, in that one table service meal may be exchanged for one character dining experience." from debs sight.

maybe i am misinterpurting

Upvote 0

lilclerk

"The basic dining plan allows for some flexibility, in that one table service meal may be exchanged for one character dining experience." from debs sight.

maybe i am misinterpurting

It is worded a little weird, but that means one character meal costs one table service credit. You can use all your credits for character meals if you want.

Upvote 0
it's one table meal can be exchanged for one character meal (except, of course the ones where you exchange 2 table meal credits) . You could use all your table service meals for character meals if you wanted. We used DDP in March for 3 character meals, and are doing 4 meals this upcoming trip with DDP:)

Upvote 0

mary219

If you are doing character meals,check out chef mickeys for bkfast.We got a lot of character time when we were there,goofy,mickey,donald and minnie all came around to all the tables and posed for pictures as well as sign autographs-amazing how excited grown ups can be around characters-seeing donald duck was like seeing a celebrity!LOL.anf the food was really good.

Upvote 0

sbkline

it's one table meal can be exchanged for one character meal (except, of course the ones where you exchange 2 table meal credits) . You could use all your table service meals for character meals if you wanted. We used DDP in March for 3 character meals, and are doing 4 meals this upcoming trip with DDP:)

Myself, I think it's really stupid that Disney puts that in there. I think all we really need to know is that there are some table service meals that require two dining credits and what those restaraunts are. Adding in that bit about being able to use one table service credit for a character meal is too much unnecessary info and only serves to cause confusion, as evidenced by the OP's post. IMO, whether a restaraunt has characters or not is irrelevant in terms of the dining plan. All we need to know is that these restaraunts take two credits and all the rest take one.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Has anyone had any trouble when they were on the dining plan eating at more than one character meal? The official rule only say 1 character meal, but the disney agent on the phone said you could use as many table service credit with characters as you like.
No problem on our last trip.
We were able to book:
CRT breakfast
The Crystal Palace
Garden Grill (we cancelled due to time crunch)
'Ohana's Best Friends breakfast
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's
Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Upvote 0

capecodhome

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for all the info. We have CRT, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park, and Liberty Tree Tavern. Leaving in 9 days and cant thank everyone enough for all the great advice and ideas.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom