Question for Character CMs...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
That makes me happy to hear my $100 park fee is going toward paying an imbicile like you.
I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that I haven't been a Cast Member for about 4 years now :) But even then, you would have never known it was me, since I did my job well.

But I'm glad to know I won't be dealing with a jerk like you, which calls someone an imbecile. I can be sure to know that if you're an expert on what makes someone an imbecile that you are one yourself, as you seem to be the type of imbecile who hides in the anonymity of the internet to call someone else an imbecile. I'll also go ahead with my assumption that you're the type of person who thinks the price of admission gives them the right to treat Cast Members in a less than respectful manner. Or to be blunt: treat them like s__t. So if you indeed are what I assume you to be, be thankful that as a character I even posed for a photograph with you and your bratty children rather than make a safety call and walk off set until you leave the area.

Have a magical day.

drew81

what gets me is that people pay to come to the parks, but that doesn't give them the right to do wrong. its like an entitlement. they think they have the right to keep the characters out for longer than they're supposed to be just so they can get a picture...sorry about your luck but they should've goten in line earlier.. and then the excuse of my child is not going to be able to see Mickey...boo hoo...well if they'd been listening, the greeter just said that Mickey was going in in about 5 minutes...and Pluto would be returning... I have seen characters stay out longer for MAW kids and I always think that is very nice thing to do, but when people are rude and just expect things I can assume that the characters aren't smiling

cb3k

Ive wondered about this...I like to assume that the guy characters are guys, girls are girls...I'm sure that is not the case though..Can any CM comment on which gender seems to be more prevalent in the "costume community"

bluefaery

I've smiled, made faces, laughed, scowled, closed my eyes, held my breath, etc. In the case of characters without fingers, once or twice I've given a one-fingered salute when the guest was particularly asinine and pushy.

Good for you. Hey I say as long as the guest doesn't see it it's ok to do.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Gender... it's pretty evenly split, but not among the Character Gender... rather, how many 5 foot tall guys and 6 foot tall girls do you know ;)

Statistically, you'll have more 5 foot tall girls and 6 foot tall guys.

Now compare that to the height of the character at the eyes/face :)

Have a magical day.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Are most CMs designated strictly to a character or 2 or is there a wide range of characters a single cast member dresses as?
What we were told by our guide on the Keys to the kingdom tour, a former character CM, for costumed characters you were delegated by you size and not necessarily a particular character. Basically if you fit the costume you could be that character.

monorail256

I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that I haven't been a Cast Member for about 4 years now :) But even then, you would have never known it was me, since I did my job well.

But I'm glad to know I won't be dealing with a jerk like you, which calls someone an imbecile. I can be sure to know that if you're an expert on what makes someone an imbecile that you are one yourself, as you seem to be the type of imbecile who hides in the anonymity of the internet to call someone else an imbecile. I'll also go ahead with my assumption that you're the type of person who thinks the price of admission gives them the right to treat Cast Members in a less than respectful manner. Or to be blunt: treat them like s__t. So if you indeed are what I assume you to be, be thankful that as a character I even posed for a photograph with you and your bratty children rather than make a safety call and walk off set until you leave the area.

Have a magical day.

Perfect response. :ROFLOL:

Cynderella

Have a magical day.

:lol: That so reminded me of a response that Dr. would do on Scrubs. I love that show :D :lookaroun

GiveMeTheMusic

What we were told by our guide on the Keys to the kingdom tour, a former character CM, for costumed characters you were delegated by you size and not necessarily a particular character. Basically if you fit the costume you could be that character.

Shame on your tour guide for being so flippant about the Disney magic while on the clock talking to guests, if that was indeed the case.

LeeSeeBabe

I've smiled, made faces, laughed, scowled, closed my eyes, held my breath, etc. In the case of characters without fingers, once or twice I've given a one-fingered salute when the guest was particularly asinine and pushy.

Haha. Good Call.

Shame on your tour guide for being so flippant about the Disney magic while on the clock talking to guests, if that was indeed the case.

I believe that the tour they are referring to is the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. On this tour, people must be over the age of 16 so that the magic isn't ruined for little ones.
On this tour, (which we took on our honeymoon about 6 years ago) they also told us what characters do when they get too hot. they said that they have to go off set at certain intervals when it's really hot out, and they sometimes remove their "character" and get sprayed with hoses, drink water, and sometimes they have a relief person and they just switch on and off.

I don't think that this ruins any Magic--if it was indeed on the Keys tour, that is what the tour is designed to do, take you behind the scenes.

I also think that if a character has an unruly guest that they should be able to knock them out Tigger-style.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It was a behind the scenes tour. What would you have expected her to say to a bunch of adults when they inquired about who gets to play which character?

joanna71985

The Keys to the Kingdom is a backstage tour. No one under 16 is allowed to take it. Also, they are allowed to answer those kind of questions in a backstage area (I know, I have taken that tour before).

smayco

Great show

But I like the Office a lot better....

Thats what she said :ROFLOL:

Me too, it's my favorite. I even have the theme song as my cellular ringtone :ROFLOL:

I've always often wondered if the characters are smiling for pictures or not, great thread!

~Sue

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom