Question for Character CMs...

WDWJenn

Have you ever...?

I just wasn't aware that under any circumstances CMs will admit to guests of any age that the Disney characters aren't real. They would never get away with that here in CA, or at least not when I worked there.

Have you ever taken the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour? You'd be amazed at what the CMs will tell ya! I've done Keys and Footsteps and I gotta tell ya, both highly informative for the person that can appreciate the magic, even with a few spoilers.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I just wasn't aware that under any circumstances CMs will admit to guests of any age that the Disney characters aren't real. They would never get away with that here in CA, or at least not when I worked there.
Yes.

Former CM's will blab away though. Especially if they never signed the confidentiality agreements while employed. Moreso if they no longer live in the US :)

Ask a question, if I know the answer, I'll say it. I'm not scared of the mouse, and I don't have a job to risk over it.

michelle_sydney

Great show

But I like the Office a lot better....

Thats what she said :ROFLOL:

The office is the best show on TV! I love it!!!!!! (Not Disney related but it had to be said)
When I am with the characters I try to get my picture and go so that everyone has a chance to interact with them. I never know what to do when I see a character so I just go up and take a picture and say thank you! I'm not a kid anymore so it is nice that they will just take a picture. What do you CMs who are "friends" with the characters suggest a person does when they go up and meet the character? I feel stupid asking but I never know what to do!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I suggest you say hi, offer a hug, etc. Be friendly.

And don't ask them what they're looking out of. They have eyes.

bingie

Yup.

Play with them too; ask chip where dale is, tell minnie that you saw mickey with daisy...etc

have fun with them and they will have fun with you

and dont ask if its "hot in there"...

WDWKat26

Hmm, well there are rare instances where they're not together (Which is bad show in my opinion...) but hey, if they're not together might as well ask.

Ciciwoowoo

I'm 36 and when I get hugged by a character, I am immediately transformed into a 5 year old who believes in magic! :)

In my mind, I hope they are smiling too! And if not, well, they just made my day so I wish only happy thoughts for them!

ChrisMyst

I saw Chip without Dale and asked where he was. Chip just indicated that he'd left because Dale smells! Really made me smile! :)

Jessie&Buzz

In Dec we had fun with Minnie. We were joking with her that Mickey was going to give her an engagement ring for Christmas. Later when we saw Mickey we told him that Minnie wanted one! It was so much fun!

VT GAL

I'm 36 and when I get hugged by a character, I am immediately transformed into a 5 year old who believes in magic! :)

In my mind, I hope they are smiling too! And if not, well, they just made my day so I wish only happy thoughts for them!

I could not agree with you more!!! :sohappy:

It is something that I can't wait to see my daughter do! I think that is what I am looking the most forward to in November...if they don't freak her completely out!

sweetpee_1993

When you see Chip without Dale or vice versa I bet it's because the other needed to go potty. They need their privacy and they can't just do it right there. LOL!

Last trip when we saw Donald we told him Dale was talking smack about him and he got a kick out of that. We did the same when we saw Chip-n-Dale, told 'em Donald said he had a knuckle sandwich for them. LOL!

When Mickey came to our table at the Garden Grill he took his time interacting with our sons, kissed my hand like a gentleman, then shook the hubby's hand. The hubby chuckled and said, "I know...I know...thanks for the money...aaa-gain..." I know we had that cast member giggling.

My 9 year old greets princesses with a bow and kiss on the hand. They like that.

We like to play with the characters. It's fun for us and I'm sure is a welcome break for the CMs.

All of us, kids included, make it a point to thank the characters and show appreciation. They do a great job. Disney wouldn't be Disney without them.

:)

WDWJenn

Characters rock!

My fiance and I got engaged on our last trip, and we went to City Hall and got a pair of Magical Moments buttons. Anytime we went to hang out with the characters through out the park, they all had to see my ring (which happened to be a mickey ring from MK)

I've got pics of Minnie gawking at my ring, Mickey proposing to me with My DH2B all huffy, Mickey giving DH2B my hand, Dancing with Goofy, We've even got a pic of DH2B proposing to Ariel and me being all huffy. It was uncanny the stuff that these guys came up with.... Not a single character left us with just a pose smile and move on with your life. They really made me feel like it was all about us!

Oh yeah.. Photopass CDs are THE BEST...:sohappy:

rdour@techminds

How do you tell Chip and Dale apart? I'm blind, so honestly, I have no idea. I'd rather greet them as they are, instead of asking "so, are you Chip or Dale" and having to feel their faces to see if I get a yes or no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom