Question for Character CMs...

gettingsmaller

Original Poster
For the character CMs whose faces are covered (e.g., Pooh, Tigger, Stitch, etc.):
Do you smile for pictures?

Was just looking at some pics from a couple of years ago... when looking at the character pics, I was putting myself in the character costume and thinking that there would just be a natural tendency to smile... Of course, that may go away after a while... maybe you would start making silly faces or something just to amuse yourself... or maybe your smile muscles just get tired after a while... or if you're Eyeore, maybe you just walk around making a sad face all the time even though nobody can see your face (would keep you in character, maybe?)?

Anyway, just curious about how that works...

WDWKat26

For the character CMs whose faces are covered (e.g., Pooh, Tigger, Stitch, etc.):

Was just looking at some pics from a couple of years ago... when looking at the character pics, I was putting myself in the character costume and thinking that there would just be a natural tendency to smile... Of course, that may go away after a while... maybe you would start making silly faces or something just to amuse yourself... or maybe your smile muscles just get tired after a while... or if you're Eyeore, maybe you just walk around making a sad face all the time even though nobody can see your face (would keep you in character, maybe?)?

Costumes? What Costumes...?

::cough cough IonlysmileifIhavedealtwithareallynicefamilybutiftheyaremeanIamusuallynotsmiling cough::

gettingsmaller

Original Poster
okay, smarty pants... I'm not the sort of person who is going to walk around the park talking about costumes... just curious about this, that's all...

To answer the question (and not be a smart butt) I have heard that some CM's do smile. it helps them posture better. Some do not. I would.

Dagger

I think I would too. I don't think I could be in the act without doing so. I'm a server, so it just comes naturally...lol

Nicole220

That's weird....my sister asked the same question today when we were taking pictures with the characters.

I'm not a "friend" of a character, but my natural reaction would be to smile.

Speaking of characters, I heard Chip and Dale "talk" today. :eek:

wdwmomof3

If I were a character I would smile in there until I got so hot that I was about to pass out. How do they really handle this heat?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I've smiled, made faces, laughed, scowled, closed my eyes, held my breath, etc. In the case of characters without fingers, once or twice I've given a one-fingered salute when the guest was particularly asinine and pushy.

disneygoof1

I've smiled, made faces, laughed, scowled, closed my eyes, held my breath, etc. In the case of characters without fingers, once or twice I've given a one-fingered salute when the guest was particularly asinine and pushy.

Amen, thank you! That is awesome!

drew81

that's funny Rob!

brkgnews

Too funny, Rob.

I think I'd have to put a little piece of tape over my mouth to keep from accidentally saying something (nothing mean, just avoiding reflexes like saying "bye" or "you're welcome," etc)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom