Question for all you so called "purists"......

KevinM

I called and tried to change some ADRs for the first week of December and nothing was available!! The CM told me that they are expecting record-breaking crowds this December because of the bulb.

There really isn't a "slow" season at WDW anymore. Expect 120 minute wait times at all major attractions thanks to the bulb and free dining.

Simba One

Does anybody know if this is going to be just a plain old refurb or is our bulb possibly getting the holiday overlay that DLR got last year? :xmas: **crosses fingers**

LilDucky

rainfully said:
It's light-bulb NOT light bulb. :rolleyes:
Well, well, well! Aren't we just smart? Didn't anybody tell you?

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmtorant :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:p :p

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
MinnieSummer said:
122 posts and it all started with a LIGHT BULB:veryconfu

No, it started with a Disney light-bulb.

...Disney invented the light-bulb you know...and now GE, Sylvania and Pixar have all surpassed Disney.

Pixar worst of all went so far as to use the lightbulb (attempting to disguise it in that table lamp) as their logo :eek:

shoppingnut

KevinM said:
I called and tried to change some ADRs for the first week of December and nothing was available!! The CM told me that they are expecting record-breaking crowds this December because of the bulb.

There really isn't a "slow" season at WDW anymore. Expect 120 minute wait times at all major attractions thanks to the bulb and free dining.

You must be mistaken, I called today and was able to get CRT for breakfast and Le Cellier for dinner during this week, all during the dinner hour too. So I'm not sure who you may have spoken to, but they obviously didn't know what they were doing or talking about, so I would call back.

I can't wait to see the display that they set for the light bulb, I just know it is going to be awesome.

prberk

You are all nuts, certifiably! :lol:

This thread made me laugh out loud... until I realized that I did not get to see the bulb on my last visit. Does anyone have streaming video of the bulb from 2005? Or has it been down for "refurbishment" since 2003, when they drained the water from around it and started having longer hours for the other two bulbs? :lookaroun

Paul

figmentmom

prberk said:
You are all nuts, certifiably! :lol:

This thread made me laugh out loud... until I realized that I did not get to see the bulb on my last visit. Does anyone have streaming video of the bulb from 2005? Or has it been down for "refurbishment" since 2003, when they drained the water from around it and started having longer hours for the other two bulbs? :lookaroun

Paul

I heard they were going to move it to another park.

Nicole

I was just on the phone with my friend whose uncles best friend works for a guy who was just visiting Casting and he said the long-awaited fifth gate will soon be opening, completely themed around the long and gloried history of the light bulb. The centerpiece of the icon will be a 199 foot high light bulb that will blink out subliminal messages in Morse Code!! There'll be light bulb hats you can get your name embroidered on and everything.

MickeyTigg

Nicole said:
I was just on the phone with my friend whose uncles best friend works for a guy who was just visiting Casting and he said the long-awaited fifth gate will soon be opening, completely themed around the long and gloried history of the light bulb. The centerpiece of the icon will be a 199 foot high light bulb that will blink out subliminal messages in Morse Code!! There'll be light bulb hats you can get your name embroidered on and everything.

Your information is all wrong....it's a going to be 210 ft. light bulb tower since the light with let them break the 200 ft. threshold, thereby making it the tallest park structure at WDW.

Scooter

I heard from a friend that knows someone high up the Disney Ladder that they are going to sell something called Leave a Legacy Light Bulbs. Not sure of all the details but they will cost $100 each and when they light up you can see your name and home City sand blasted on them. They will be located on top of the Leave a Legacy Tombstones to light up and enhance the emptyness of them and remind Disney of the major mistake they made by trying to fill up these tombstones with postage stamp size souvenirs.:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom