Question about Star Wars Weekends

DonMuppetFan83

Original Poster
Im thinking of possibly hoping on a plane and going to one of the Star Wars weekends this year. I am a avid Star Wars fan. Im wondering what, if anything, they add extra for the weekend aside from special guests. Also which weekend would be the best and least crowded to attend. thanks.

Captain Hank

There is a ton added to DHS for Star Wars Weekends. There are lots of roaming Star Wars characters, a special parade, merchandise and other special events. As far as which to attend, the earlier weekends would probably be a little less crowded, due to many schools still being in session. However, SWW's are very crowded regardless.

DonMuppetFan83

Original Poster
As far as merch goes do they have like hats/shirts/ and all that stuff. And what about any type of exclusive pins.

Im interested alot in the parade and I have wanted to go for a while now. Dont know if I will be allowed to go without the lady lol.

And thanks for your reponse Captain Hank.

Captain Hank

Generally, they have the standard merch (hats, T-shirts, etc.) along with more specialized stuff like Big Figs, medallions, and assorted other collectibles, including lots of limited edition pins. The parade is pretty neat, if a bit short. It features a ton of Star Wars characters, Disney characters in Star Wars garb, the visiting celebrities for the weekend, and lots of little padawans from the Jedi Training Academy.

DonMuppetFan83

Original Poster
Cool. Thanks for all the info. I just looked up a package price for the 29-31 of may and it wasn't to bad. Im going in August and in January and May of 2010 with my girlfriend.

But I am seriously thinking of jettin down there.

WDW1974

For more info on the weekend, I believe Deb Wills has all the scoop on her great site (wdwdig.com).

They really do a great job on them. Hopefully that will continue this year.

They have parades, autograph sessions, they used to do interviews with various celebs in what is now the AIE theater so not sure if that will be back.

Obviously, lots of merchandise ... much of which lingers on after the event.

I am not a Star Wars geek at all, much prefer Star Trek myself! ... But they really do a great job on the event. If you're a fan, you'll love it!

~Star Trek: 05-08-09~

krankenstein

For more info on the weekend, I believe Deb Wills has all the scoop on her great site (wdwdig.com).

They really do a great job on them. Hopefully that will continue this year.

They have parades, autograph sessions, they used to do interviews with various celebs in what is now the AIE theater so not sure if that will be back.

Obviously, lots of merchandise ... much of which lingers on after the event.

I am not a Star Wars geek at all, much prefer Star Trek myself! ... But they really do a great job on the event. If you're a fan, you'll love it!

~Star Trek: 05-08-09~

They did that in the Premiere Theater in the Backlot last year. :wave:

DonMuppetFan83

Original Poster
Do they do the same routine each of the three days during each weekend. im thinking of driving down for it, as im only going on this trip for the SW stuff. Going back in August for everything. Im thinking about one full day at DHS and like a half there half waterpark then leave since my girlfriend hates water parks lol. Thanks.

typd1613

Does the Merch sell out early...reason I ask is we are going the last weekend and wonder do they hold back merch for each day or do they just put it all out there week one and when it is gone, it is gone?

2Siamese

Related question...Do they put out merch out early? I'm a huge SW nerdling :ROFLOL: but we have to fly home the day before everything starts:mad:.

Anyone know if i could get stuff early?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do they do the same routine each of the three days during each weekend. im thinking of driving down for it, as im only going on this trip for the SW stuff. Going back in August for everything. Im thinking about one full day at DHS and like a half there half waterpark then leave since my girlfriend hates water parks lol. Thanks.
For the most part yes but it is always subject to change depending on the celebrities other commitments, weather, etc.

Does the Merch sell out early...reason I ask is we are going the last weekend and wonder do they hold back merch for each day or do they just put it all out there week one and when it is gone, it is gone?
Yes and no. Items like pins always seem to be gone very quickly. Higher ticket items like the big figures tend to last a bit longer but not by much.

Related question...Do they put out merch out early? I'm a huge SW nerdling :ROFLOL: but we have to fly home the day before everything starts:mad:.

Anyone know if i could get stuff early?
Highly doubtful for LE stuff....somewhat possible for non-LE stuff.

typd1613

So.....

By the last weekend (when I go) there will be nothing left? That is kind of silly, you would think they would hold some back for each day.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom