Question about sending purchases to your resort

sbkline

My basic question is, if we get to WDW early, like say, 8 or 9 AM, can we make purchases at DTD and have them shipped to our resort (in our case, Coronado Springs) before we even check in?

And if anyone wonders why we can't just carry the merchandise around with us, it's because one of the particular items we want to purchase are embroidered Christmas stockings. On our last trip, our son was almost 2, and we left him home with his grandparents. But we bought him one of those neat Mickey Mouse stockings and had his named embroidered on it. This time around, my wife and I are taking him with us for his first WDW trip, and we now have an infant daughter whom we are leaving with the grandparents. We plan to have matching stockings embroidered for us and the baby (Mickey for me and Minnie for the wife and daughter). Depending on their workload, and just the fact that there will be 3 stockings on our order, it's sure to be something that will take a while and that we can't just pick up on the spot and take back to our resort when it is time to check in.

We're driving from Central Illinois and are planning on leaving Sunday April 18 and arriving on Monday. But there is the possibility of leaving Saturday April 17 in the evening and getting at least a few hours in on the road that night. But whether we leave Saturday night or Sunday morning, I'm not sure how many miles we will get under our belt on Sunday before it's time to call it a night, and finish the trip on Monday. So on Monday, we could arrive anywhere between 9 AM and 7 PM, depending on how far we get Sunday, etc. So, in the best case scenario, if we arrive bright and early Monday, and make DTD our first stop before checking in, can we have those stockings shipped to CSR even though we haven't checked in yet? Do they have to call the resort and confirm that we are guests there before they ship it? If so, would it suffice that the records at the resort show that we are due to arrive that day, even if we haven't arrived yet?

DisneyJoe

My basic question is, if we get to WDW early, like say, 8 or 9 AM, can we make purchases at DTD and have them shipped to our resort (in our case, Coronado Springs) before we even check in?

Interesting question, because one of the items they need on the form is your room number...even though they send it to the resort gift shop.

Someone here should know the answer...

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have done so. They like having your room number, but it isn't essential. Your name is how they sort the package and you'll have a copy of the receipt, which has a bar code that matches the package.

Upvote 0

Philo

Shouldn't be an issue because it usually takes a day or two for them to be shipped back to the resort.

Really? I've never known it to not be there later that same day. I guess if you make a purchase late in the day, it may not arrive till the following day but it's normally pretty efficient.

For the OP's question though. Sounds like it's possible to me. I would make sure I bring confirmation of my booking along, just in case but at the end of the day, you're paying for the item in the shop so I can't see the place of delivery being an issue.

Upvote 0

tink65

Really? I've never known it to not be there later that same day. I guess if you make a purchase late in the day, it may not arrive till the following day but it's normally pretty efficient.

For the OP's question though. Sounds like it's possible to me. I would make sure I bring confirmation of my booking along, just in case but at the end of the day, you're paying for the item in the shop so I can't see the place of delivery being an issue.

I think the personalization takes a bit longer that's why the delay in arrival. I know when we were there in Dec we purchased a personalized ornament and was advised to allow up to 2 days for it to arrive.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Like Monty said it should not be an issue. While they like to have your room number it is not absolutely necessary. Also just FYI shops at DTD do not start opening up until 9:30 to 11:00 AM. If you get there at 8:00 AM you might as well just take the 15 minute drive to CS and check in.

Upvote 0

Blonde Princess

Packages are not available for pick up at your resort on the same day. They will be available at the earliest the next day depending on your resort and time of purchase. Sometimes they arrive at your resort the same day but that is very rare and even when they do, you can get them very rarely.

You can however send them to your resort ahead of getting your room. Just make sure the name you write is the lead name on the reservation.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

You have to pick them up at the general store or gift shop or some other place anyway. They don't deliver them directly to your room anymore.

I'm saying that for the Value and Moderates. Not sure about the Deluxe.

:)

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies, everyone. That pretty well answers my question. It's good to know that, if need be, I can indeed have it shipped to my resort before checking in. But it's also good to know ahead of time that the shops at DTD don't open as early as I thought they did. I just assumed everything would be up and running by 9 AM.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

And if anyone wonders why we can't just carry the merchandise around with us, it's because one of the particular items we want to purchase are embroidered Christmas stockings. On our last trip, our son was almost 2, and we left him home with his grandparents. But we bought him one of those neat Mickey Mouse stockings and had his named embroidered on it. This time around, my wife and I are taking him with us for his first WDW trip, and we now have an infant daughter whom we are leaving with the grandparents. We plan to have matching stockings embroidered for us and the baby (Mickey for me and Minnie for the wife and daughter). Depending on their workload, and just the fact that there will be 3 stockings on our order, it's sure to be something that will take a while and that we can't just pick up on the spot and take back to our resort when it is time to check in.

We're driving from Central Illinois and are planning on leaving Sunday April 18 and arriving on Monday. But there is the possibility of leaving Saturday April 17 in the evening and getting at least a few hours in on the road that night. But whether we leave Saturday night or Sunday morning, I'm not sure how many miles we will get under our belt on Sunday before it's time to call it a night, and finish the trip on Monday. So on Monday, we could arrive anywhere between 9 AM and 7 PM, depending on how far we get Sunday, etc. So, in the best case scenario, if we arrive bright and early Monday, and make DTD our first stop before checking in, can we have those stockings shipped to CSR even though we haven't checked in yet? Do they have to call the resort and confirm that we are guests there before they ship it? If so, would it suffice that the records at the resort show that we are due to arrive that day, even if we haven't arrived yet?

From reading these posts, you can make purchases and have them sent before you check in. Good info to know! :) Just another idea - you can buy stockings and have them embroidered by the Disney Florist. They will be there before you arrive. We got the Mickey ones with our names on it and full of stuff and they were waiting for us in our room when we arrived. They are not currently on the website - but I am sure they have them if you explain the situation. Have a good trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

heartodisney

After filling in the "paperwork required" after your purchase, it will be sent toyour resort, they will call your room phone and leave a message if you do not answer that your package is in your resort store. They will tell you or should as you fill out your paperwork during your purchase that they cannot do this if you are checking out of your resort the next day. Good luck and have a great time!

P.S.: If you forget to pick up your item, you can call the resort to have them ship it to your home, just have a credit card ready...I had to do this from the airport once..silly me!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom