Question about Pirates and Princess party?

Horizons_03

Hello everyone,

I am sure this has already been talked about. Is Disney still doing the disney Pirates and Princess parties or have they been put on hold indefently. I was unable to find any uselful information on disneyworld.com website. Does anyone have any updated information? Also if they are holding them, does anyone have any reviews of them or pricing, just because my family is interested in them and I am trying to get them more information.

Thank you for your time,

John

Mystic

This is what is posted on the Pirate and Princess Party information page on allearsnet.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In early November 2008 it was reported there would be
Pirate and Princess parties in 2009, and dates were given.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just prior to the tickets going on sale, Disney cancelled the events for the winter dates.
No word yet on whether the Parties will return in the spring.
[/FONT]

Here's a link to the information page that that was taken from.

http://allears.net/tp/mk/pirateprincess.htm

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We were hoping to go b/c we've been to the other parties and were disappointed when they canceled the 2009 dates. Hopefully they will bring it back!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ali_cat_3

1-407-w-disney

when I called the other day to see when the parties were for May ( because I had seen it on the vacation planning dvd) I was told by the CM that they were not offering them this year.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I hate to say it but after attending the P&P parties twice, I was very unimpressed and would rather have the parks stay open later twice during the week than have to pay for an extra ticket. If you want to go to something like this, plan a trip during MNSSHP which is by far the best hard ticket event offered, IMO.

Upvote 0

SirGoofy

They'll never do P&P again IMO. There were literally times when there were more Cast Members working the thing than guests. They would send half of us home an hour into the things.

And to comment on the party, it is the worst one I've been to, but had by far the most spectacular fireworks I've ever seen.

Upvote 0

Philo

I loved the P&PP. The fireworks were so very, very amazing and I would be supprised if Disney doesn't bring them back at some point (replacement for wishes?)

The party itself was also pretty good but mostly because the park was so quiet.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We did the party once and that was more than enough for us. Aside from the fireworks, we were not impressed, esp. for the price of the party. Compared to the MVMCP, well, for us there really was no way to compare.

Upvote 0

The "Pro"

We have been to this party twice and found it to be ok. However, MNSSHP and MVMCP were much better.

The times we had gone they were giving out chocolate "treasure" and various colored beads. I believe they discontinued giving out the candy.

The fireworks were good as well as the parade.

Also, the event merchandise was not as extensive as the offerings at the Halloween and Christmas parties.

Upvote 0

tink@heart

Too bad!

I am saddened that the parties have been taken off the calendar. I know that my sons were really looking forward to seeing it! We did however go to the MVMCP this year and loved it. The crowd was low and we were able to really enjoy everything. Would definitely do it again. I've heard lots of good things about the Halloween Parties too?

Upvote 0

Dwarful

They gave out the chocolates when we were there in August. It was a huge mess. The chocolates were melting, people were dropping them everywhere. Yuck! We skipped the chocolates, the girls collected the beads and saved their little velvet bags (more like a pouch I guess)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom