Question about height requirements

disneydata

If you child is CLOSE to the height requirement then the "thick sole shoes" are fine. When you are only an inch or so too short then there would be no safety issue imho. I could understand 2 inches too short or more. Its an age ole tradition to try and "add" height to young ones!!:)
No safety issue? What do you think height requirements are there for? Just so we can say "ha ha, you're not tall enough to ride!"? The height sticks aren't just for show. They are there for the guest's SAFETY. I visited the parks as a child and not once did my parents stoop so low as to stuff my shoes or use any other tactics like that to allow me to ride sooner than I should. I don't know where you got this tradition from, but obviously some of us don't follow it.

Even one inch can be the difference between little Johnny having a great time and little Ann slipping out of her harness and DYING. I have and will continue to turn away every person (including height-challenged individuals) who does not meet the guideline. Your humble opinion has no influence on this situation. Have you ever worked a theme park attraction? So you say one inch is OK, but 2 inches isn't? What's the basis of that statement? Have you done tests on the restraint systems and their effects on certain body sizes and heights?

When you take your child who is 2" too short on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and have her slip through the harness and get severely injured, guess who's fault it will be? YOURS for allowing your child to ride when you KNEW full well she did not met the posted guidelines.

Sorry to be so harsh, but sometimes it's needed. Too many people get injured on theme park rides. Please don't make it one more just because you want your child to ride before she is allowed to.

[/soapbox]

Craig & Lisa

Height requirements are not for "scare factor" (except for Stitch I guess). They are for safety reasons. The restraints are designed to hold children only if they're a certain height. This prevents them from easily slipping out of them. Yes there is a little give, but that would be cutting it too close for comfort.

As far as I know they only have one ride that will cater to those who may be too small. Soarin, when someone is alittle small they have a second seat belt that slips through a strap in front of them to keep them from falling/slipping forward.

calicommando

Height requirements are not for "scare factor" (except for Stitch I guess). They are for safety reasons. The restraints are designed to hold children only if they're a certain height. This prevents them from easily slipping out of them. Yes there is a little give, but that would be cutting it too close for comfort.

As far as I know they only have one ride that will cater to those who may be too small. Soarin, when someone is alittle small they have a second seat belt that slips through a strap in front of them to keep them from falling/slipping forward.

I could be wrong, but I think that's for kids at the shorter end of the spectrum, but still over the minimum height requirement (40").

DisneyChik17

I could be wrong, but I think that's for kids at the shorter end of the spectrum, but still over the minimum height requirement (40").

Yes, you still have to meet the height requirment at the entrance of the queue. Once you have met that and you sit down if you are under the red mark on the side on the seat, you must loop the seat belt through a between the legs loop.

I am 5 foot 4 and I am JUST over that red mark.

Did this change from 48":veryconfu I didn't take my daughter on it last October and she was tall enough for Mission Space (w/o special shoes;) ). I remember being under the impression it was 48.

Not that I know of, I always remember it being 44" because my brother just barely made it. The only 48" rides in WDW are RnRc, PW, and a few waterpark slides.

wdwmomof3

If they are not tall enough, skip the ride, don't push it with the shoe thing. This is just giving you another reason to come back when they are a little taller.:D

hrmom26

i have to agree with the posters who have said don't push the shoe thing. i have a son who is 9 and looks like he is 7 he is on the short side but has the heart and mind of a 9 year old he wants to ride the scary rides but was not tall enough on are last visit. he was about 1 to 1 1/2 in" to small. i did consider the shoe thing but didn't in the end. the creators of these rides have put these rules in place for a reason and is your kids safety really worth the chance? when parenting it is always a big temptation to go the easiest route or to give in to your child because you hate to see them miss out or be sad,lets face it we have all given in at least one when we shouldn't have but in the end we have to do what is best not what is easiest. also if there is a one in a million chance something will go wrong it will so happen to me:eek: :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom