Question about Disney World Christas Parade

KeeKee

Yeah, I know that...but I still think it is odd in this particular situation. They go out of their way to make references to how it is Christmas morning in WDW. I think the parade would have the same impact without those comments. It just seems really weird to me. But I guess only a small percentage of viewers know it is not really Christmas morning....most people are not fanactics like we are, so they have no idea how they tape the parade.

If the weather doesn't happen to be a match, the folks here in Central Florida would know it's not live, but otherwise, who cares? Most people love watching it however it makes its way to the telly screens.

Remember, willing suspension of disbelief, willing suspension of disbelief, willing suspension of disbelief...

Come on, now, keep repeating and you'll feel better.

kcw

I'm just curious...possibly for planning a future family vacation...how far in advance do they tape the parade...when did they tape it this year...was anybody there?:shrug:

Thanks.

I was at Disneyland when they filmed it- it was either the saturday or sunday of Veteran's Day weekend (sorry, don't remember the exact date, and I don't know if they film on the same day as WDW). We expected the parks to be absolutely chaotic between the holiday and the filming (didn't know about the filming at the time of planning!) but it actually wasn't bad at all. In fact the lines for the rides were ridiculously short - it was fantastic. We left to head over to DCA mid afternoon, and while the bulk of Main street was absoutely packed, once we got to the town square area, it was fairly empty. We stopped for a little while because there was a ton of empty space right on the curb and we were able to catch the parade as it finished the final bend and exited out the gate between the Disney showcase and the hat shop. Plus we were standing right next to ryan seacrest's stage which my sister loved! Not a bad time at all to be there

brkgnews

So, if it WAS Chrismtas morning, and they thanked SANTA for the gifts, it WOULDN'T be fake? :veryconfu:

If it WAS Christmas morning when they chatted back and forth with two five-foot tall talking rodents, it WOULDN'T be fake?

Relax and enjoy the pixie dust. :wave:

/that guy

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Oodles of years ago, I was one of the people who believed the parade was actually live. This was well before I found this forum and became aware of the extent to which one could gather WDW information.

Being that I wanted to be there so badly like all those people I saw on t.v., I spent a couple hundred extra dollars on an Annual Pass (as opposed to the Seasonal Pass I usually got) for myself and my daughter, so I could go on Christmas Day.

Imagine my disappointment when I arrived on Christmas day only to find out it was no different than any other day! I went to Guest Services and asked about it and was told (and this made me even angrier later when I found out how it worked) that they simply didn't have a parade this year!!

I couldn't believe the CM at Guest Services couldn't have explained it to me nicely, but rather lied to keep the illusion intact.

Shortly after that day I did manage to find out what had happened (I really don't remember how) and boy was I not a happy camper.

Funny now... but then? Not so much :lol:

So yeah, I too am bugged by the references to it being Christmas day and that they are really talking back and forth to Ryan in CA and so-forth, but only because it caused something to happen to me personally. I get the idea of making it a believable storyline, and that's all good, but dang, they could still have folks showing up that day expecting the parade and shows that they see on t.v. and being disappointed, ya never know :shrug:

happymom52003

So, if it WAS Chrismtas morning, and they thanked SANTA for the gifts, it WOULDN'T be fake? :veryconfu:

If it WAS Christmas morning when they chatted back and forth with two five-foot tall talking rodents, it WOULDN'T be fake?

Relax and enjoy the pixie dust. :wave:

/that guy

Ha, you got me there! I guess "fake" was not the right word to use. But I still think it is weird to here them talking about what a beautiful Christmas Day it is, etc, etc. Just my opinion....I never said I don't enjoy the parade, or that I care that it is not live. Just making an observation!

celticdog

A few things I noticed when watching.

1. ABC blurred out the GM logo during the Test Track segment.
2. Jessica Simpson moves like one of Dr.Evil's Fembots.
3. The villians float had the Boo to You music playing in the background.
4. The float with Stitch is usually driven by Goofy during the Boo to You parade.
5. I thought it was odd when Regis called the Evil Queen the Snow Queen. It was even weirder when Kelly fumbled her response of "correct". It was like she knew that wasn't right, but off camera someone told her to just go with it.
6. The floats weren't always stacked up like a normal parade. Often times if you looked down Main Street, there were no other floats. (I hope my description makes sense.)

the-reason14

I didnt watch all of it this year, and from the previews and reviews Ive heard it sounds like I didnt miss much. I remember last year and a few years back they actually had talented people perform, imo, this year they just had disney channel wannabes and other mediocre talent.

But from the little bit I seen it was ok. But years ago, I think 05, I was hyped to see the preview of E:E, I dont know if they had a preview for TSM here but that would have been a tune in. Also years ago it just seemed like a better show, but as long as its WDW I guess its good, minus the "talent."

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I didnt watch all of it this year, and from the previews and reviews Ive heard it sounds like I didnt miss much. I remember last year and a few years back they actually had talented people perform, imo, this year they just had disney channel wannabes and other mediocre talent.

But from the little bit I seen it was ok. But years ago, I think 05, I was hyped to see the preview of E:E, I dont know if they had a preview for TSM here but that would have been a tune in. Also years ago it just seemed like a better show, but as long as its WDW I guess its good, minus the "talent."

Yes, they had a preview of TSM. Also, Im not sure I would call Josh Groban mediocre talent....

Computer Magic

I was wondering, does Disney use sections from previous years? The Lion King song and dance, looked just like last year. I saw it and thought, did they just use last years performance and stuck it in this year?

Does anyone know?​

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I was wondering, does Disney use sections from previous years? The Lion King song and dance, looked just like last year. I saw it and thought, did they just use last years performance and stuck it in this year?

Does anyone know?​

I think they used a new spot this year for Lion King. I was watching that particular segment because it was definately a rerun last year, from the year before. The only thing that makes me think it was new was that if you looked at the marqui sign on the theater in the background it had Coming Soon Art of Disney on it, which was consistant with other segments. Now that being said, I could be totally wrong, but I think it was new.

Computer Magic

I think they used a new spot this year for Lion King. I was watching that particular segment because it was definately a rerun last year, from the year before. The only thing that makes me think it was new was that if you looked at the marqui sign on the theater in the background it had Coming Soon Art of Disney on it, which was consistant with other segments. Now that being said, I could be totally wrong, but I think it was new.
I did see the Coming Soon Art of Disney as well. That's good, because some of the dancers I saw, I thought left.

the-reason14

Yes, they had a preview of TSM. Also, Im not sure I would call Josh Groban mediocre talent....

Dang, I should have tuned in for that, was it alot?

Oh Im not sure who he is, so I couldnt say anything on him, but the disney channel folk and Jessica Simpson imo, is mediocre talent at best to me. Well Jessica has alittle more than the other but still...

Computer Magic

Dang, I should have tuned in for that, was it alot?

Oh Im not sure who he is, so I couldnt say anything on him, but the disney channel folk and Jessica Simpson imo, is mediocre talent at best to me. Well Jessica has alittle more than the other but still...
Jessica Simpson talent is SOOOOOOOo bad, it rubbed off on Tony Romo during one of the Dallas Cowboy games :lookaroun

disney1266

I would like to know exactly what I have to do to be in WDW next year for the parade taping. I think they will tape it a little earlier since the first weekend in Dec is the 5-6; I think that's too late, so probably last weekend in Nov. Do they sell 'special' tickets? I am a passport holder, so I should be able to get in. How early are we talking to ensure entrance in? I've wanted to do this for a few years now, but I keep hearing 'all tickets are gone'????:xmas:

disney1266

:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:I too was upset when I found out that the parade was pre-recorded. I too purchase annual passes instead of the seasonal ones, had to wait in a chaotic crowd for the parade and it wasn't theone I thought it was going to be. People on Christmas Day are toally rude and mean. It is supposed to be that Happiest Place on Earth, but not Xmas Day. People were climbing over the wrought iron fences near the castle and walking on the grass to get around people. People would not move to let you go by; they just sat there starring at you lile 'what are you looking at'? Needless to say, our family will NEVER go to WDW on Xmas day. We will stay clear and visit another Disney park in Orlando, which I hear are less crowded and a much nicer place to be on such a happy day.:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would like to know exactly what I have to do to be in WDW next year for the parade taping. I think they will tape it a little earlier since the first weekend in Dec is the 5-6; I think that's too late, so probably last weekend in Nov. Do they sell 'special' tickets? I am a passport holder, so I should be able to get in. How early are we talking to ensure entrance in? I've wanted to do this for a few years now, but I keep hearing 'all tickets are gone'????:xmas:

You may be right, but I don't know that anything is posted this far out to allow for planning. The park is open for general admission, but you are not permitted to stand on Main Street to watch the taping. To be able to have a spot to "watch the parade" Disney has a registration, usually in November that is open to CM's then general public (usually only advertized in Florida). You are given free park admission, but are required to stay in your assigned location for the duration of the day's filming. There are separate registrations for Friday and Saturday filming. They have handled the registration differently over the past few years, so I can't give you links to that with any confidence.

There are some here that are closer to the event that can give you better info. The other option is checking in in Oct./Nov. for clear details. You may be able to submit the question as a passholder as well and get information directly.

brkgnews

FYI, (at least as of last year), you could actually get in to the castle stage filming without any kind of registration... they had GR CMs out front herding folks in. I think folks in the very very front were pre-registered, but other than that, it was whoever wanted to show up.

DisneyPinDad

2008 Taping Dates

It's not likely that the parade will be taped the last weekend in November, as that's the weekend of Thanksgiving (it's late next year). I can't imagine, with the holiday crowd, that they would do the parade.

So it's likely to be the December 5-6 weekend.

We've been there the week of the taping for many years. It's cool to see the talent at the castle and the prep. work for Regis/Kelly. We've never stayed for the parade taping on Saturday. As for crowds on "castle" days, not really bad at all.:xmas:

Gorjus

I couldn't believe the CM at Guest Services couldn't have explained it to me nicely, but rather lied to keep the illusion intact.

Are you kidding? That is our job 365 days a year.

A few things I noticed when watching.
3. The villians float had the Boo to You music playing in the background.
5. I thought it was odd when Regis called the Evil Queen the Snow Queen. It was even weirder when Kelly fumbled her response of "correct". It was like she knew that wasn't right, but off camera someone told her to just go with it.

3. Some of the music is similar to the Boo To You Parade, but not the same. The candy section with Goofy is also similar to the Boo To You Parade.
5. As has been pointed out, her name is the Snow Queen.

Now, never having watched the parade on TV and being elsewhere occupied during the taping, however having seen photos taken by people who were there, I have a question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they bring parts of all the parades from the three parks to the Magic Kingdom for the taping of the Christmas day parade. I could have sworn I saw photos of Power Rangers and Playhouse Disney from Happy Hollydays parade at the Studio and they aren't in the MK parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom