Question about Disney World Christas Parade

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Because the park is pretty busy and the parade itself only takes about 15mins to pass a single point along the route. Also, if the route is active, having a castl stage show is a very bad idea in terms of crowd control.

They were able to do it before when it wasn't a 2 hour event and din't have all the performers, and of course the park was less crowded.

sweetpee_1993

Here's a question:

Do they ever replay it? Or does anyone have it recorded? Or is there some way to see it if you're a big goober like me and forgot about it???

We get soooo into the 24 hours of 'A Christmas Story' we pretty much leave our tv tuned into that. Then with the kids opening presents we didn't even think about it. And we were in the MK when they were filming it, too!!!

brkgnews

In addition to merf's valid points, there are also a number of other logistical considerations.

In addition to crowd control, there's simple physical space to deal with. All of the camera cranes, crowd space, and such during the filming of the stage shows means that a sizable portion of the parade route is physically blocked. The floats would have to take a very hard right from the liberty square bridge around the counterclockwise "10:00 to 8:00 to 6:00" portion of the hub, rather than it's usual clockwise "10:00 to 12:00 to 6:00" route. Probably doable but not ideal in the least. Plus that would cause a lockdown of the crowd watching the stage shows, so you'd have a lot more trouble getting people to agree to stay and watch the stage shows (currently, you can come and go as you like between takes).

Also, if I were anybody with any amount of celebrity, I can guarantee you I'd want a heckuva lot more $$$ to be away from my family and my warm bed on Christmas morning. And for that matter, you'd probably be paying all of your union production workers a LOT more money for working on a holiday.

Also, technically speaking, having it prerecorded allows for a much more polished broadcast. Not only will there be no bad camera shots, wardrobe malfunctions, etc, but also you are able to get a lot more camera angles and fast-paced edits than you would on a live show. For the average stage number, they film it at least four or five (probably more) times, then use different shots from each different take.

also logistically speaking, you'd have to "punch hot" (take live on the air) all of the video cut-aways like the million dreams interviews, the "hey look at animal kingdom" segments, etc.

Plus there's the matter of two parks in two different time zones.

Just makes more sense to prerecord it, espcially with Disney's legendary attention to detail.

j2ydisney

WDW Parade

Hi, I Recorded the Parade, If you Want I can send you a copy, For More Info. E-Mail me at jjjksdisney@hotmail.com and Merry Christmas

Here's a question:

Do they ever replay it? Or does anyone have it recorded? Or is there some way to see it if you're a big goober like me and forgot about it???

We get soooo into the 24 hours of 'A Christmas Story' we pretty much leave our tv tuned into that. Then with the kids opening presents we didn't even think about it. And we were in the MK when they were filming it, too!!!

j2ydisney

WDW Parade

Hi, I Recorded the Parade, If you Want I can send you a copy, For More Info. E-Mail me at jjjksdisney@hotmail.com and Merry Christmas!!!!:xmas:

Here's a question:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Also, technically speaking, having it prerecorded allows for a much more polished broadcast.

I thought that myself until the villians segment and the five questions about the villians and Reagis called the queen from Snow White, the "snow queen". If thats not bad enough, his co host said that was correct:shrug::shrug:

In another thread I was just advised that she is referred to as the Snow Queen.....I have never ever heard her refered to as this...

100 Acre HS

I am pretty sure that Snow Queen is her name. However, I am certain that in the Snow White section from Disneyland that was not Prince Charming that she was dancing with, as Seacrest said.

kcw

Why is the Walt Disney World Parade not live and prerecored?

Thanks
:xmas:Merry Christmas!!!!!!!:xmas:

plus, it allows them to edit the weather if necessary... last year, it was rainy and cold on Christmas day, and as we all know, it's just one big commercial for the parks- and people aren't enticed to come visit if they it see if all cloudy and yucky :shrug:

as a sidenote to that, I was working one day when it was raining on and off... so I go to take a picture with a guest who had a rain poncho in their hand, and the photopass photographer started to take the picture and then asks the guest, "oh wait, can you put that poncho away, because as well all know, it never rains at Disney World!" I laughed so hard, it was ridiculous!

Enderikari

I am pretty sure that Snow Queen is her name. However, I am certain that in the Snow White section from Disneyland that was not Prince Charming that she was dancing with, as Seacrest said.

Well, there is a difference. To answer the question he asked...

Snow White's Prince is simply a charming Prince, he has no name introduced. (He will usually sign with "Snow Prince")
Cinderella's Prince is actually Prince Charming, as part of his name, though there is some confusion as to whether Charming is his first or last name, because I have heard both from official sources. I am more inclined to say his first name is Charming, simply because of the precedent set by Prince William, or Prince Eric

Just curious...

I'm just curious...possibly for planning a future family vacation...how far in advance do they tape the parade...when did they tape it this year...was anybody there?:shrug:

Thanks.

I'm just curious...possibly for planning a future family vacation...how far in advance do they tape the parade...when did they tape it this year...was anybody there?:shrug:

Thanks.

Yup, we were there. They filmed it over a 3 day period, I think it was Nov.30-Dec.2. I think they always try to film it the first weekend of Dec. (don't quote me on that). As far as visiting the MK on days they film the parade, it is crazy busy. Don't expect to do a lot in the park that day. As far as actually being there for the taping. It is fun to see them do it, but it takes a very long time, as in hours, to tape just a few minutes. Example, they will tape one float, and tape it again if they need to. But it is fun to say that I was there when they taped the Christmas Day Parade!!!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Yup, we were there. They filmed it over a 3 day period, I think it was Nov.30-Dec.2. I think they always try to film it the first weekend of Dec. (don't quote me on that). As far as visiting the MK on days they film the parade, it is crazy busy. Don't expect to do a lot in the park that day. As far as actually being there for the taping. It is fun to see them do it, but it takes a very long time, as in hours, to tape just a few minutes. Example, they will tape one float, and tape it again if they need to. But it is fun to say that I was there when they taped the Christmas Day Parade!!!

Actually the park is not bad at all. Main street IS crazy and it is a little difficult to navigate up the street. You can't just stop and watch a performance that is being filmed. But after you move off of Main Street, the attractions are usually not busy at all.

Actually the park is not bad at all. Main street IS crazy and it is a little difficult to navigate up the street. You can't just stop and watch a performance that is being filmed. But after you move off of Main Street, the attractions are usually not busy at all.

As far as the rides, they did seem to get a bit busy by the afternoon but I assume it is due to the people dispersing after the filming.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick replies...even though it might be crowded for the parade, my DW made a comment yesterday about how great it would be to be there. My DW and I will be in WDW for the Flower and Garden Festival in May. We might possibly go in the fall for the Food and Wine Festival...then we were thinking about a full family vacation the week after Thanksgiving 2009. My DD is planning her wedding for summer 2009 and this would be a great way to use our DVC points. Maybe we can plan this trip around the 2009 parade...:sohappy:

happymom52003

I don't mind that it is prerecorded, but it really bugs me how they pretend it is really Christmas day.....even going as far as thanking Santa for the gifts! I see no need to be so fake about it.

KeeKee

I don't mind that it is prerecorded, but it really bugs me how they pretend it is really Christmas day.....even going as far as thanking Santa for the gifts! I see no need to be so fake about it.

It's showbiz! Show business is all fake and rarely "live" except for sporting events. Nothing out of the ordinary, just business as usual.

happymom52003

It's showbiz! Show business is all fake and rarely "live" except for sporting events. Nothing out of the ordinary, just business as usual.

Yeah, I know that...but I still think it is odd in this particular situation. They go out of their way to make references to how it is Christmas morning in WDW. I think the parade would have the same impact without those comments. It just seems really weird to me. But I guess only a small percentage of viewers know it is not really Christmas morning....most people are not fanactics like we are, so they have no idea how they tape the parade.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Yeah, I know that...but I still think it is odd in this particular situation. They go out of their way to make references to how it is Christmas morning in WDW. I think the parade would have the same impact without those comments. It just seems really weird to me. But I guess only a small percentage of viewers know it is not really Christmas morning....most people are not fanactics like we are, so they have no idea how they tape the parade.

Exactly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom