QS Dining Plan-Best Places To Eat

djpoore94

Original Poster
For our respective solo trips in September and October DH & I are going to have the QS DP. The last couple of times we have gone we had the Deluxe plan so we are wondering what QS locations will give us the most "bang for our buck" so to speak?

Ariel484

My husband and I had the DDP during our honeymoon in May, and my favorite QS locations were:

- Sunshine Seasons in Epcot - best QS we tried all week, in my opinion. Great options and portion sizes, but I think it gets pretty busy.
- Kringla Bakeri og Cafe (I know I spelled that wrong) in Norway - we had exhausted all of our QS credits by the time we got here so we didn't want to pay for dessert...bummer! I had some sort of club sandwich that was awesome and my husband had a ham and apple sandwich...delicious and a decent portion size. The desserts looked amazing...next time I am saving a QS credit for that one.
- FlameTree BBQ in DAK - Pulled pork sandwiches and fries...yum.

We also tried Pecos Bill's in MK...it was okay and VERY crowded. The Patisserie in France was good but the portions were pretty small. My husband really liked the QS location in Morocco...I forget what he got but it was a huge portion and he really enjoyed it.

Worst was ABC Commisary and Toy Story Pizza Planet, both in DHS...I'm hoping to find a better QS option there in November.

Good luck! Let us know which ones you like and don't like! :wave:

JillC LI

We had the regular dining plan on our last trip, but I do recall that the counter-service meal at Cosmic Ray's in MK was a huge amount of food, and it was really delicious. Plus you have the added entertainment from Sonny Eclipse. On our trip in October, we have the DDP again, and we're going to use 2 TS credits on a signature meal, and then make up for it later in the trip by having a QS dinner at Cosmic Ray's.

You can also get a hearty breakfast using a QS credit in a lot of places as well.

foreverbelle

We really like the Flame Tree BBQ place in AK and Cosmic Ray's isn't bad. We got a lot of food there for the money, but it has been a little while since I have been back to CR's just because of timining and all. But from what I recall those are one of our favorites at MK.

lighteningqueen

I am reading that Wolfgang Puck in DTD is a counter service like a TS I will try this one. Sunshine seasons have real plate lunches there and is always really good, and I think we might try Pepper Market. Looks like they have huge amounts or good choices. Really there isn't too much really good tasting in WDW but at least my husband can get full and he is not a big man. I have upgraded for the free dining for the DDp from Quick service why not sure, The food is so overpriced and under seasoned most places. But these are our choices and we have to eat somewhere on the property right. Seriously would we pay 19.00 for pot roast at any restaurant in our home towns???

RiversideBunny

The main thing about CS is that it is spontaneous.
Wherever you are when you decide that you are hungry is a good spot to look around and try a place.
Using counter service doesn't tie you up with schedules and doesn't take up a lot of your time.
Eat when you have to then move on.
:)

yankspy

Flametree in AK
Casey's or Pecos Bill's in MK.
Lotus Blossom Cafe in Epcot or Kringla in Epcot.

I have yet to have a decent QS meal in DHS.

daverube

The best bang-for-your-buck QS meal in ALL of the parks is the 1/2 Chicken and Rib Combination at Cosmic Rays. We find that it has so much food tha, with the purchase of an extra side of chili or fries, we can get 2 meals out of this one plate. Sides cost around $3.00, so that is a pretty good deal for 2 meals!!

my 2 cents...

dave

Rob562

I'll second the Chicken & Ribs at Cosmic Ray's.

I'll also put a second vote in for Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney (there are locations in both the marketplace and the West Side).

We had a great meal there last September, and was amazed that it was still just a single Counter Service credit. I had a BBQ Chicken personal pizza, brownie and soda. An $18.55 (plus tax) meal for a single Counter Service credit. I plan on eating there again next month when our group needs a quick and easy meal in Downtown Disney.

-Rob

djpoore94

Original Poster
The main thing about CS is that it is spontaneous.
Wherever you are when you decide that you are hungry is a good spot to look around and try a place.
Using counter service doesn't tie you up with schedules and doesn't take up a lot of your time.
Eat when you have to then move on.
:)

That's exactly why we figured it would be the best plan for our solo trips (that and DH wasn't too crazy about doing TS alone). I don't think we'll ever do the deluxe plan again, way too much food and takes up too much time (both planning and at the parks).

Thanks for your responses everyone! We're both really excited :sohappy:

DisneyDreamer08

MK- We love Pecos Bills! The fixins bar is great. Also, there's a little hot dog stand over by HoP. We were craving hot dogs one day and happen to pass it. They had a good combo deal.

EP- On our last trip the only CS we had there was at Lotus Blossom in China. Normally if we are going to eat in EP we chose one of the many great TS places. Lotus Blossom was ok- just your typical chinese take out.

DHS- We've eaten at ABC Commisionary, and we both had no complaints. There are a few outdoor tables with umbrellas. Great spot to people watch while eating

AK- We've had pretty good luck at Pizzafari. I've heard great things about Flame Tree BBQ- we haven't been there yet but its on my list for our next trip!

disneygirl1

Man, there are so many!!! My favs are Peco's Bills and Caseys at MK... Pizza Planet and ABC Commissionary at DHS... Lotus Blossom, San Angel Cantina and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot... Flame Tree BBQ and Pizzifari at AK...

Tinkerbella16

MK:
Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe
Pecos Bills
Columbia Harbor House - my favorite!

Epcot:
Sunshine Season - in the land pavilion
Electric Umbrella
World Showcase has a quite a few around the countries - norway, france, mexico, etc..

DHS:
ABC Commissary
Pizza Planet

AK:
Flame Tree BBQ

lighteningqueen

MK

Pinochio Haus is way better than Toy very blah there, But going to try Columbia this Dec. Pecos Bills a must. But somewhere I read about Columbia adding a 10 piece shrimp meal to their menu on allears.net. For sure gonna get that. I do not like any other fish but shrimp..

Epcot

Sunshine seasons

Theresonly1

I have QSDP for the first tme in Dec, there are 4 of us,all adults, going, my question is, does everyone have their own credits on their tickets/room key or all they all on one card?

Rob562

I have QSDP for the first tme in Dec, there are 4 of us,all adults, going, my question is, does everyone have their own credits on their tickets/room key or all they all on one card?

They're pooled together, accessible using anyone's room key. So you can order separately and each "pay" on your own (helpful when you're at a location with multiple serving counters like Cosmic Rays or the hotel food court).
Or if you're all at one counter (like Electric Umbrella) you can place one large order for everyone and use a single card to "pay" for it. That way everyone's food comes out together, and you don't have people sitting at the table eating while the last person in line is still standing at the counter waiting for their food.

But because they're in one big pool of meal credits, it's up to each person to make sure they're only using their allotted number of credits. Otherwise you could have an inadvertant "credit hog" who ends up using more credits than they're due and someone gets short-changed by the end of the trip. (Though this tends to happen more with Snack credits than meal credits, since they're more difficult to remember who got what and when)

-Rob

DisneyRunner

The best use of CS meals for my family include:
Pepper Market
Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills-fixin bar
POR-create your own pasta and turkey dinner
POFQ-rib, chicken, pork chop, pot roast dinner
Sunshine Seasons
Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich
ABC Commisary-my daughter says stir fry if they still have it, it has been a while

As stated meals can be split and spontaneity is a plus.

lighteningqueen

The best use of CS meals for my family include:
Pepper Market
Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills-fixin bar
POR-create your own pasta and turkey dinner
POFQ-rib, chicken, pork chop, pot roast dinner
Sunshine Seasons
Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich
ABC Commisary-my daughter says stir fry if they still have it, it has been a while

As stated meals can be split and spontaneity is a plus.

Where at POR and POFQ do you get these meals?? This year we are visiting the resorts and could make it for a CS ,meal if they are included in them. No one ever talks about these 2 places. Are they really good?a

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom