Pyrotechnic Convention

Gorjus

So that's what that was last night. Around 9:12 I'm telling guests that it is Epcot fireworks, all the while thinking it is a bit loud for Epcot. Somewhere around 9:20 I realize it is still going on and not Epcot. Of course the fact that I could see them from Pooh's Playground area helped that realization. Thanks for clarifying what it was. Really, shouldn't there be memos about things like this?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So that's what that was last night. Around 9:12 I'm telling guests that it is Epcot fireworks, all the while thinking it is a bit loud for Epcot. Somewhere around 9:20 I realize it is still going on and not Epcot. Of course the fact that I could see them from Pooh's Playground area helped that realization. Thanks for clarifying what it was. Really, shouldn't there be memos about things like this?

Another great show from APA on the shore of Bay Lake at Fort Wilderness. Video coming up for those that want to see what went on :)

rainfully

Just got done watching the show... HOLY COW!!!!!

They delayed it by about 15 minutes... but it was great.

It's just a shame I was standing downwind. :( But they had a lot of great stuff tonight!!!

WDWGuy

The APA's finale show was absolutely breathtaking...

Saw some shells there that I have never seen before....It was a pleasure to take it all in...

Outstanding job the pyro team did for the convention..

Those WDW Guests who were not expecting this tonight got a REAL piece of magic...on behalf of the APA and Walt Disney Entertainment...

Excellent!!!!!

TimeTrip

Just got done watching the show... HOLY COW!!!!!

They delayed it by about 15 minutes... but it was great.

It's just a shame I was standing downwind. :( But they had a lot of great stuff tonight!!!

Hmm i wonder if they got a special showing of the water pageant. That's what the music sounded like that was playing during alot of those 15 minutes.. Of course being at the GF on the grass by Narcoosee's, I couldn't really tell. Great view though...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hmm i wonder if they got a special showing of the water pageant. That's what the music sounded like that was playing during alot of those 15 minutes.. Of course being at the GF on the grass by Narcoosee's, I couldn't really tell. Great view though...

They were playing some of RoE pre-show music along with some other stuff.

Caught it from the Polynesian. Great Show! I guess the convention was based from the contemporary since that is where most of the shells were coming from.

Even though the music wasn't heard...it was great to hear the "oohs" and "aahs" from the crowd.

raven

I forgot the video camera after I left but it was an amazing show! We watched it from the banks of the lake right next to the Grand. There were tons of people there. It was delayed about 15 minutes but they had some very cool fireworks. The new Mickey shell was probably my favorite along with the ones that looked like jellyfish. The end was so loud that it I nearly had to cover my ears.

ISTCrew20

I forgot the video camera after I left but it was an amazing show! We watched it from the banks of the lake right next to the Grand. There were tons of people there. It was delayed about 15 minutes but they had some very cool fireworks. The new Mickey shell was probably my favorite along with the ones that looked like jellyfish. The end was so loud that it I nearly had to cover my ears.

The Mickey shells were actually used in the first public test of this years' Fourth of July show. They did one public test, and then the 2 shows on the 3 and 4. The two later shows did not include the Mickey shells, but the first one had them in the round as the very last shells in the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom