Pyrotechnic Convention

mrerk

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just stumbled upon this. The American Pyrotechnic Association will be holding their annual convention at the Yacht & Beach Club from September 16-20. Some highlights:

Wednesday, September 17: General session I: Disney's Steven Davison (the man behind WDW's "Wishes" & DL's "Believe")

Thursday, September 18: Dinner & Fireworks at Pleasure Island

Friday, September 19: Buccaneer Bash & Fireworks at Fort Wilderness

Saturday, September 20: Dinner, Dessert reception and "Disney Fireworks Spectacular" (note: doesn't say where. guessing Epcot? or maybe MK?)

Unfortunately these events are for APA members only. At least we will get to see the fireworks. Those are kind of hard to hide.

http://www.americanpyro.com/

WDW Monorail

The 2000 (I think) show was pretty good. Not on track with Rockin' Rockets but still very good.
Man, I wish they would do a show like Rockin' Rockets again. And how about the 1997 IllumiNations 4th of July Finale? Not a lot of lagoon pyro but very good show.

a2grafix

Pyro junkies, this is something not to miss.

You got that right. I saw two nights of an international fireworks competition / convention in Cleveland in the early 1990s.

One word -- awesome.

The competition took place overlooking Lake Erie at the old Municipal Stadium, which is now Cleveland Browns Stadium, Great Lakes Science Center, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Regardless, a fireworks convention is surely not to be missed. Too bad my vacation is next week and not next month.

Still, I get to see Wishes for the first time -- ever. I caught Hallowishes in October 2007.

College_Fellow

Does anyone where these fireworks will be located? I will be landing on the 20th and would like to see them from the distance.

Saturday, September 20: Dinner, Dessert reception and "Disney Fireworks Spectacular"

hpyhnt 1000

So, how exactly do they pull these things off? Do they close the park early and it becomes a VIP event with the pyro show replacing the usual Disney show? Just curious is all. :shrug:

And yes, if anyone can get vids of the show, they'd be much appreciated. :wave:

tn1999

I think the 20th Fireworks are at Epcot based on the picture on the web site :sohappy:

Enjoy!

im going off of information posted officially by disney on the dining reservation booking system.

9/11/08: REC: There is a special pyrotechnics display on the evening of Saturday, September 20, 2008. ARR/PU/FW will need to be 830/845/1000 and the Guest will be able to view both the pyrotechnics display and Wishes. Subject to change without notice./kpg

DisneyWorld30th

Looks like Epcot...

On another page is says... "Relax water side... and be entertained under the stars."

Now- The question is, is it a special add-on fireworks show or just Reflections of Earth.

I was fortunate enough to see a part of this in 2004 when I worked on Main Street. I was custodial so we were often there after the park closed. Our manager told us to stick around a little bit and we watched the most amazing pyrotechnics I've ever seen. We stood at the Main Street train station and watched it over the lagoon. It was ridiculously amazing! I loved it and still talk about it a lot. I'm glad someone has mentioned it here because I was never quite sure what it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom