Pyro cut from Peace on Earth

EPCOT Explorer

I see very few changes in A Wish for Love, just 3 shells that I can count, and the Genie segment is entirely intact in all the videos I have seen from November and December. There may have been a misfire or some other glitch in the show you saw.

Wishes with a glitch!? No way! :lol: That show always looks perfect when I see it.

RoE, though...:lookaroun

tirian

It's funny how we're all contradicting each other; it makes me wonder if the shows sometimes run at 100%, and if the cuts are applied consistently.

Just a few days ago, I watched Illuminations, and the show ran at almost 100%. Lasers, perimeters, everything was great. The finale was a bit smaller, but it wasn't horrible. I also recently saw Wishes at the MK and noticed several missing fireworks. Wishes looked much worse to me, with an underwhelming "Wish for Love" sequence (no sparkling waterfalls on the chimes leading up to Beauty and the Beast and only two during the Cinderella song). The Prince Ali song had fewer big background shells than usual, too.

WDW Monorail, I know you're not lying for the heck of it, so I believe you; but my experience was very different. :confused:

SirGoofy

It's funny how we're all contradicting each other; it makes me wonder if the shows sometimes run at 100%, and if the cuts are applied consistently.

That seems like such an odd situation though. I feel like if they're going to cut shells, the logical choice would be to cut the same shells from the same part of the show each night.

Unless they're just coming across extra shells backstage.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

That seems like such an odd situation though. I feel like if they're going to cut shells, the logical choice would be to cut the same shells from the same part of the show each night.

Unless they're just coming across extra shells backstage
.:lol:

Sounds plausible, I know that RoE had various different types of shells used in the first few month of operation. When I saw it for the first few times, (as seen in home movies) I saw different types of comets were used, primarily in Chaos.

tirian

Unless they're just coming across extra shells backstage.:lol:

I was exaggerating. I'm sure the cuts were consistent. The cutbacks on Wishes were much more noticeable to me, though; and like I said before, there was an entourage watching Illuminations. Maybe that's why RoE/PoE had such a good show?

SirGoofy

I was exaggerating. I'm sure the cuts were consistent. The cutbacks on Wishes were much more noticeable to me, though; and like I said before, there was an entourage watching Illuminations. Maybe that's why RoE/PoE had such a good show?

Ah I missed you saying that. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason it looked so good.

As for Wishes, I can already see the looks my mom and sister will be giving me when we're down there after I say I noticed less fireworks.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I would think so. Make it look good for those that kill the product.:brick:
Ah I missed you saying that. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason it looked so good.

As for Wishes, I can already see the looks my mom and sister will be giving me when we're down there after I say I noticed less fireworks.:lol:

I love those looks.:lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bear in mind Wishes can have shells held back if the wind suddenly shifts in various areas around and above the park. This is the biggets reason for an inconsistant show.

So far as I know for ROE only the perims can be scrubbed within seconds of the command being given, and the inferno barge regulated.

SirGoofy

Bear in mind Wishes can have shells held back if the wind suddenly shifts in various areas around and above the park. This is the biggets reason for an inconsistant show.

Yea, I've seen those shows while working, and looked like a big idiot when I pointed at a shell that was about to go off that didn't.

I love being a Disney dork.:D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So far as I know for ROE only the perims can be scrubbed within seconds of the command being given, and the inferno barge regulated.

Yep I know that in the old days (which I assume still may be the case), other than the seawall stuff, the maxi barges could be cut - but it was the whole barge or nothing.

SirGoofy

Yep I know that in the old days (which I assume still may be the case), other than the seawall stuff, the maxi barges could be cut - but it was the whole barge or nothing.

Thanks, Steve.

Hey, Steve, I was wondering if I could get your email? I would send this to you through PM, but mine have been disabled.

EPCOT Explorer

What do you mean..."regulated"? Less of a flame, or not at all?

tirian

Yes, but in the case of "Magical Wishes" (the Genie segment), some of the fireworks were shot—just not as many. :(

As for RoE, several of my friends have told me they noticed the cuts too. I guess I just got lucky on the day I decided to go watch the PoE tag.

WDW Monorail

Wishes with a glitch!? No way! :lol: That show always looks perfect when I see it.

RoE, though...:lookaroun

Anything can happen, a dud, an incorrectly loaded sequence. The 3 times I saw the show this summer, there were incorrectly loaded shells and even incorrectly named shells from what I understand. For example, one of the brocade mums broke with the gold "pixie dust" brocade shell of shells leading in to "Beauty and the Beast" and the shells that was supposed to be in its place broke during "Like a Bolt Out of the Blue". There was also a [manufacturer] error I think during the "I Can Show you the World" sequence.
It happens from time to time but it's really a non-issue since the pyro team does such a great job.

Just a few days ago, I watched Illuminations, and the show ran at almost 100%. Lasers, perimeters, everything was great. The finale was a bit smaller, but it wasn't horrible. I also recently saw Wishes at the MK and noticed several missing fireworks. Wishes looked much worse to me, with an underwhelming "Wish for Love" sequence (no sparkling waterfalls on the chimes leading up to Beauty and the Beast and only two during the Cinderella song). The Prince Ali song had fewer big background shells than usual, too.

WDW Monorail, I know you're not lying for the heck of it, so I believe you; but my experience was very different. :confused:

I assume you mean the strobing red waterfalls. They were in all show that I have recently seen. It's odd that you didn't see them so I assume it was just an isolated incident.

Sounds plausible, I know that RoE had various different types of shells used in the first few month of operation. When I saw it for the first few times, (as seen in home movies) I saw different types of comets were used, primarily in Chaos.

Yes, they have changed for the better. All three sea-wall comets used to be the the same size. Now, the first two, right before and right after Celebration are smaller ones and the final one is of a much larger size.

Yes, but in the case of "Magical Wishes" (the Genie segment), some of the fireworks were shot—just not as many. :(

Let's see. That sequence starts with the two blue 8" shell of shells followed by two scrambling comet shells, if I am not mistaken, when genie says "up here". Then there are 8 low-level mines followed by 4 aerial shells followed by 6 mines and then 4 more pattern shells leading in to the Fantasia sequence. Can you name anything in particular that was missing?

EPCOT Explorer

Anything can happen, a dud, an incorrectly loaded sequence. The 3 times I saw the show this summer, there were incorrectly loaded shells and even incorrectly named shells from what I understand. For example, one of the brocade mums broke with the gold "pixie dust" brocade shell of shells leading in to "Beauty and the Beast" and the shells that was supposed to be in its place broke during "Like a Bolt Out of the Blue". There was also a [manufacturer] error I think during the "I Can Show you the World" sequence.
It happens from time to time but it's really a non-issue since the pyro team does such a great job.

I assume you mean the strobing red waterfalls. They were in all show that I have recently seen. It's odd that you didn't see them so I assume it was just an isolated incident.

Yes, they have changed for the better. All three sea-wall comets used to be the the same size. Now, the first two, right before and right after Celebration are smaller ones and the final one is of a much larger size.

Let's see. That sequence starts with the two blue 8" shell of shells followed by two scrambling comet shells, if I am not mistaken, when genie says "up here". Then there are 8 low-level mines followed by 4 aerial shells followed by 6 mines and then 4 more pattern shells leading in to the Fantasia sequence. Can you name anything in particular that was missing?

I've never seen it in person....Pyro Techs really do a awesome job. I just wish that they could solidify RoE's time codes.

I actually really like the old comets.:lol: Sparkles more, and goes well with the whole mood that Chaos is supposed to have. Also notable...(maybe this is wrong?) but there were "screamers" (like in Celebration) in Chaos, too, just before the Inferno Barge shut off. Thought that was a nice touch, too.

WDW Monorail

I've never seen it in person....Pyro Techs really do a awesome job. I just wish that they could solidify RoE's time codes.

I actually really like the old comets.:lol: Sparkles more, and goes well with the whole mood that Chaos is supposed to have. Also notable...(maybe this is wrong?) but there were "screamers" (like in Celebration) in Chaos, too, just before the Inferno Barge shut off. Thought that was a nice touch, too.

Certainly. It really isn't much of a time code issue.

Wait, there were never any sea-wall comets in Chaos. I'm talking about Celebration and We Go On.
I honestly don't remember any of those in chaos. Unless you saw them recursively, I'm willing to bet they were incorrectly substituted with one of the scrambling comet mines.

EPCOT Explorer

Certainly. It really isn't much of a time code issue.

Wait, there were never any sea-wall comets in Chaos. I'm talking about Celebration and We Go On.
I honestly don't remember any of those in chaos. Unless you saw them recursively, I'm willing to bet they were incorrectly substituted with one of the scrambling comet mines.

No, no...The OLD comets from Chaos. They launched right before the Inferno shut off, from the Maxi Barges, and with several screamers. With the scramblers, I believe.

Saw them on two occasions, I believe.

boo52

As stated already there were no cuts in the Genie section for Wishes. As for romance there were only 3 or 4 5" shells cut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom