Putting Your Hands Up in Space Mountain

Glasgow

I have pesonally, and quite easily, touched the ceiling in both the blue tunnel, and the red tunnel on Space Mountain. Not only that, I did it with my arms slightly bent.

Those who think you can't be injured on Space Mountain by putting your arms up are simply wrong. If I were to put my arms up before I entered one of those tunnels, my hands would strike something rather hard. That's a FACT, not an opinion.

I think CX360 was meaning that you can't touch anything once you get going fast -- I wouldn't call the blue/red tunnels very 'dangerous' although I'm sure someone out there could find a way to get injured.

I imagine that they did a pull through on Space Mtn, however, I'm wondering if standards were different when it was built in 1975.

Buried20KLeague

I actually think there's a much more dangerous spot for potential injury than putting your hands up throughout the ride...

After the deceleration tunnel, right as you make the turn into the unloading dock. Before you get to that point, there's nothing on either side of your car. Then as you make the turn, the the car comes to the edge of the loading dock. That corner of the loading dock is EASILY within reach... Just sticking your fingers out there would easily cause some major damage by being pinched between the dock and vehicle.

It's right at the point where the cars merge with the dock. Has anyone else ever noticed this spot and thought the same thing, or is this just me being paranoid?

scottnj1966

I didn't know that you weren't allowed to use nightvision. When we went two weeks ago, we asked if it would be okay to vidoe tape using our nightvision, they said "as long as you don't use flash or a light" we could video tape. So, we video tapped my daughter's face riding Space Mountain.

The "night vision" on my sony is infared. Yours probably is too.
On the night camera's they have on the ride it looks like headlights to them and blinds the whole screen.

If you turn your night vision on and face it towards there night camera's you will see it an actual visible light.

The best way to test this is on the people mover. When you are going through the tunnels turn around and video behind you, all there night camers are behind you.

Main Street USA

I actually think there's a much more dangerous spot for potential injury than putting your hands up throughout the ride...

After the deceleration tunnel, right as you make the turn into the unloading dock. Before you get to that point, there's nothing on either side of your car. Then as you make the turn, the the car comes to the edge of the loading dock. That corner of the loading dock is EASILY within reach... Just sticking your fingers out there would easily cause some major damage by being pinched between the dock and vehicle.

It's right at the point where the cars merge with the dock. Has anyone else ever noticed this spot and thought the same thing, or is this just me being paranoid?
Ha, yep, I've seen that one. Scary little spot.

I know there was a news report not too long back (a few years) where a younger girl was injured near the unload, and it had somethign to do with the gap between the side of the cars and the platform area. It's a vague recollection, though. I'm sure someone else can find details on it.

Littlefitzy2004

Im not tall im 5'11 but i have held my hands up for majority of the ride.. My theory always was, there has to be enough room for someone to walk the track without hitting there heads, so i doubt me sitting in the car im going to hit something.. the only spots that i have personally touched have been the blue strobe, and the end tunnel. I mean if the track was that low that you could touch it while your on the ride, then how would you ever expect to get off the ride if there was an evac?? Or when workers walke the track? Do you think they walk all hunched over? I mean come on. Yea im sure the track is low, but not a risk of putting your hands up and thats my honest theory.

Space Mountain

Just out of curiosity I reached my right hand up in the blue tunnel, and yes...I did touch the ceiling.

But I refuse to put my hands up during the quick drops, I don't want to lose a hand, lol.

How about the red tunnel? I think that one is a little smaller. It looks like you are moving slow but it kind of hurts what your hands hit the top of it.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
The "night vision" on my sony is infared. Yours probably is too.
On the night camera's they have on the ride it looks like headlights to them and blinds the whole screen.

If you turn your night vision on and face it towards there night camera's you will see it an actual visible light.

The best way to test this is on the people mover. When you are going through the tunnels turn around and video behind you, all there night camers are behind you.

Ahh. I understand. Yes, I too have the sony. The CM was wrong to tell me I could video tape with my nightvision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom