Purists vs. Innovators "Virtually Magic Kingdoms" Open Brainstorming (Team Innovators)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
-Recap: Day 2-

Autograph System
autograph-2-png.256379

the game will be full of a large amount of characters from Disney movies and rides. An ongoing side quest is to collect their autographs. Some autographs are easy to get, some require you to do a task or guest for the person, some require you beat them in a race.
Once you have autographs, placing them in your autograph book will boost your stats in various ways. You are limited by how many autographs will fit on the page.

World Map
27915913729_8fd9d9a13c_k_d.jpg

the Magic Kingdom we will be exploring will be a large, open world. It is a mixture of all the different kingdom parks, but mostly based on Florida and California.

*general consensus*
The areas where dark rides like the Teacups and Peter Pan would be will be represented by mini versions of the world's. A small Wonderland area and Neverland area just integrated into the Magic Kingdom over world.
Other rides, like Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion, will just be integrated into the environment as is.

Plot (rough outline)

The main villain (consensus seems to be Chernabog) has kidnapped Dreamfinder in order to use him and his machine to steal all the power of dreams and imagination in order to become powerful enough to take over the Magic Kingdom. He has given Dream power to certain Disney Villains to strengthen them.
Figment has sought the hero out as our hero is a Dreamer (someone with a very powerful imagination). The hero is also a costume character designed by players. Costumes can be collected throughout the game over decorate your hero.

Anyways, Figment and our hero work together to defeat the villains and regain the dream power so they can become strong enough to defeat Chernabog!

Boss Fights

A large number of boss fights have been brain stormed, some more serious than others. A plot of reclaiming the dream power Chernabog gave these villains works as an excuse to fight a lot of Disney villains. The boss fights outlined so far have been very creative and are fought in a variety of ways.

Transportation

There will be rideable vehicles and animals throughout. Plus quick travel methods within each land. And a quick travel methods from land to land. Later in the game, the Magic Carpet can be unlocked as an even faster method of quick travel.

List of boss fights:
Quick list of bosses to keep track of them:
  • Cruella De Vil (Main Street USA)
    • Race Cruella throughout Main Street USA; unlocks the jalopy
      • Buy half of all the outfits throughout the kingdom for her signature; unlocks Cruella's roadster
  • Scar (Adventureland)
    • Traditional battle, but the ground is constantly shifting ala Be Prepared scene
      • Battle a second time with the second time around being harder for the signature.
  • Jafar (Adventureland)
    • Jafar fights with magic for his first 1/3 of HP; after losing 1/3 he transforms into a snake, and is able to poison the player; after losing 2/3 he becomes the genie performing stronger versions of his attacks from the first portion of the game.
      • Beat Jafar in a Magic Carpet race for his signature.
  • King Louie (Adventureland)
    • To defeat King Louie beat him in a dance battle to the tune of I Wanna Be Like You.
      • Beat King Louie in a dance battle to the tune of Bare Necessities for his signature.
  • Brer Bear and Brer Fox (Frontierland)
  • Stinky Pete (Frontierland)
  • Headless Horseman (Liberty Square)
  • Doctor Facilier (Liberty Square)
    • Facilier is invincible so players must attack his shadow.
      • Players must defeat 50 shadow enemies throughout the Kingdom to earn his signature.
  • The Evil Queen (Fantasyland)
  • The Stepsisters (Fantasyland)
    • Can only be challenged if the player is wearing prince/princess clothing otherwise they will ignore you.
      • Male: They will attack with kisses, hugging, and overall trying to woo you.
      • Female: They will attack with their nails, singing, and swinging jewelry.
        • Players must show up in the opposite gender's royal outfit for their signature.
  • Gaston (Fantasyland)
  • Maleficent (Fantasyland)
    • Maleficent fights with magic mirroring Jafar's moveset, but after defeating the first time she trnsforms into a dragon with full health
  • Zurg (Tomorrowland)
  • AUT-0 (Tomorrowland)
  • Rinzler (Tomorrowland)
    • To defeat Rinzler beat him in a lightcycle race on the Autopia course; unlocks the lightcycle.
      • To obtain his signature beat him again, but now race through Tomorrowland avoiding obstacles.
  • The Phantom Blot (Toontown)
  • Judge Doom (Toontown)
  • Chernabog (The Hub)
Suggestions? Thoughts?
Headless Horseman (Haunted Mansion) - Must be battled on horseback in a race to see who reaches the covered bridge first.

Stinky Pete (Big Thunder) - Battled within Big Thunder's earthquake/blasting shaft with many moving mine carts, dodging his pickaxe and sticks of dynamite.

Brer Fox and Brer Bear (Splash Mountain) - They battle in tandem with sticky jars of honey and molasses, the only way to defeat them is to convince them to attack each other. Perhaps also occurs in a slowly flooding room, until all combatants are riding logs through a briar patch.

Evil Queen (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) - First 1/2 of HP as the Queen armed with magic potion spells and abetted by her Magic Mirror. Second 1/2 as the Wicked Witch, armed with stronger magic and lightning storms.

Gaston (Gaston's Tavern) - Fought in his tavern to the "Gaston" song surrounded by his townsfolk admirers cheering him on, Gaston armed with arrows and shotgun.

Phantom Blot (Gag Factory) - Moves in and out of ever-shifting ink and shadows. Must be defeated by restoring the Gag Factory's lights.

Judge Doom (Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin) - First 1/2 as a "human" driving his Dip machine, which is basically a giant puzzle boss. Second 1/2 Doom is "dipped" and becomes a toon, fighting with anvils and buzz saws and bombs, etc.

Zurg (Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters) - A laser-filled parody of Luke's battle against Vader in Empire, in a target practice battle like the Buzz ride.

AUT-0 (Space Mountain) - Space battle in your rocket ship against AUT-0 piloting the entire Axiom, near a black hole.

Chernabog - ???

Just spitballing some ideas. No signatures worked out yet.

Should we have a boss battle against Davy Jones for Pirates of the Caribbean?

Character List
Added Wall-E + Eve, Aut-0, and Miguel + Dante

Main Street USA Signatures
  1. Dreamfinder (Disney Parks)
  2. Figment (Disney Parks)
  3. Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  4. Minnie Mouse (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  5. Donald Duck (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  6. Daisy Duck (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  7. Goofy (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  8. Pluto (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  9. Chip and Dale (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  10. Pete (Mickey Mouse Shorts
  11. Yen Sid (Fantasia)
  12. Chernabog (Fantasia) (Boss)
  13. Lady and the Tramp (Lady and the Tramp)
  14. Dalmatian Puppies (101 Dalmatians)
  15. Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians) (Boss)
  16. Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins)
  17. Bert (Mary Poppins)
  18. Marie (Aristocats)
  19. Scat Cat & His Band (Aristocats)
  20. Basil (The Great Mouse Detective)
Adventureland Signatures
  1. The Three Caballeros (The Three Caballeros)
  2. Mowgli (The Jungle Book)
  3. Baloo (The Jungle Book)
  4. King Louie (The Jungle Book) (Boss)
  5. Aladdin (Aladdin)
  6. Jasmine (Aladdin)
  7. Genie (Aladdin)
  8. Jafar (Aladdin) (Boss)
  9. Simba (Lion King)
  10. Rafiki (Lion King)
  11. Timon & Pumbaa (Lion King)
  12. Scar (Lion King) (Boss)
  13. Tarzan (Tarzan)
  14. Kuzco (Emperor's New Groove)
  15. Kronk (Emperor's New Groove)
  16. Lilo (Lilo and Stitch)
  17. Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
  18. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
  19. Moana (Moana)
  20. Maui (Moana)
  21. Miguel and Dante (Coco)
Frontierland Signatures
  1. Bambi (Bambi)
  2. Thumper (Bambi)
  3. Brer Rabbit (Song of the South)
  4. Brer Bear (Song of the South) (Boss)
  5. Brer Fox (Song of the South) (Boss)
  6. Tom Sawyer (Tom Sawyer's Island)
  7. The Country Bears (Country Bear Jamboree)
  8. Pocahontas (Pocahontas)
  9. Woody (Toy Story)
  10. Jessie (Toy Story)
  11. Stinky Pete (Toy Story) (Boss)
Liberty Square Signatures
  1. Ichabod Crane (Sleepy Hollow)
  2. The Headless Horseman (Sleepy Hollow) (Boss)
  3. Madame Leota (Haunted Mansion)
  4. The Hitchhiking Ghosts (Haunted Mansion)
  5. John Smith (Pocahontas)
  6. Tiana (Princess and the Frog)
  7. Naveen (Princess and the Frog)
  8. Louis (Princess and the Frog)
  9. Dr. Facilier (Princess and the Frog) (Boss)
Fantasyland Signatures
  1. Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
  2. The Prince (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
  3. The Seven Dwarfs (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
  4. The Evil Queen (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)(Boss)
  5. Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket (Pinocchio)
  6. Dumbo (Dumbo)
  7. Cinderella (Cinderella)
  8. Prince Charming (Cinderella)
  9. Fairy Godmother (Cinderella)
  10. The Stepsisters (Cinderella)(Boss)
  11. Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
  12. The White Rabbit (Alice in Wonderland)
  13. Mad Hatter and The March Hare (Alice in Wonderland)
  14. The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)
  15. Peter Pan (Peter Pan)
  16. Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
  17. Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
  18. Prince Phillip (Sleeping Beauty)
  19. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)(Boss)
  20. Abominable Snowman (The Matterhorn)
  21. Merlin (Sword in the Stone)
  22. Arthur (Sword in the Stone)
  23. Winnie the Pooh and Piglet (Winnie the Pooh)
  24. Tigger (Winnie the Pooh)
  25. Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh)
  26. Robin Hood (Robin Hood)
  27. Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
  28. Prince Eric (The Little Mermaid)
  29. Sebastian (The Little Mermaid)
  30. Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
  31. Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
  32. Lumiere and Cogsworth (Beauty and the Beast)
  33. Mrs. Potts and Chip (Beauty and the Beast)
  34. Gaston (Beauty and the Beast) (Boss)
  35. Quasimodo (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
  36. Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
  37. Hercules (Hercules)
  38. Mulan (Mulan)
  39. Shang (Mulan)
  40. Rapunzel (Tangled)
  41. Flynn (Tangled)
  42. Merida (Brave)
  43. Anna (Frozen)
  44. Elsa (Frozen)
  45. Kristoff (Frozen)
  46. Olaf (Frozen)
Tomorrowland Signatures
  1. Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
  2. Zurg (Toy Story)(Boss)
  3. Mike Wazowski (Monsters Inc)
  4. Sulley (Monsters Inc)
  5. Wall-E and Eve(Wall-E)
  6. AUT-0 (Wall-E)(Boss)
  7. Rinzler (TRON : Legacy)(Boss)
  8. Wreck-It Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph)
  9. Vanellope (Wreck-It Ralph)
  10. Hiro (Big Hero 6)
  11. Baymax (Big Hero 6)
Toontown Signatures
  1. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  2. Horace Horsecollar (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  3. Scrooge McDuck (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  4. Ludwig von Drake (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  5. Huey, Dewey, and Louie (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  6. The Phantom Blot (Mickey Mouse Shorts)(Boss)
  7. Roger Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit)
  8. Jessica Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit)
  9. Judge Doom (Who Framed Roger Rabbit) (Boss)
  10. Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
  11. Nick Wilde (Zootopia)

Transportation List
Compiling a list of all the form of transport.

Game Transportation:
  1. Horses: Can travel anywhere in the park, but can't fast travel (Location Found)
    • Frou-Frou (Main Street USA) (Aristocats)
    • Carousel Horse (Main Street USA) (Mary Poppins)
    • Bullseye (Frontierland) (Toy Story)
    • Cyril Proudbottom (Fantasyland) (Wind in the Willows)
    • Eeyore (Very Slow) (Fantasyland) (Winnie the Pooh)
    • Pegasus (Fantasyland) (Hercules)
    • Khan (Fantasyland) (Mulan)
    • Maximus (Fantasyland) (Tangled)
    • Angus (Fantasyland) (Brave)
    • Horace Horsecollar (Piggyback Horseback Riding :hilarious:)(Toontown) (Mickey Mouse Shorts)
  2. Vehicles: Can travel anywhere in the park, but can't fast travel (Location Found)
    • Jalopy: Unlocked after beating Cruella in a race throughout Main Street USA.
    • Cruella's Roadster: Unlocked upon talking to Cruella after collecting 50% of the outfits in the game.
    • Lightcycle: Unlocked upon defeating Rinzler in a Lightcycle race on the Autopia course (Tomorrowland) (Tron)
    • Benny the Cab (Toontown) (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?)
  3. Main Street Vehicles: Fast Travel throughout MSUSA
  4. Jungle Cruise Boats: Fast Travel throughout AL
  5. Mark Twain Riverboat: Fast Travel throughout FrL/LS/NOS
  6. Dumbo: Fast Travel throughout FaL
  7. Peoplemover: Fast Travel throughout TL
  8. Jolly Trolley: Fast travel throughout TT
  9. Train: Unlocked once train station is found; Fast travel between train stations
  10. Magic Carpet: Unlocked postgame after defeating Aladdin in a Magic Carpet race throughout Adventureland; Fast travel anywhere
Any other suggestions?

I think that is the gist of what we have so far. A phenomenal start!! Absolutely incredible work everyone!

tcool123

Goals for now until Wednesday/Thursday:
  • Edit in the boss fights to the first post.
  • Areas explorable in the area (we keep bringing this up, but we have no areas)
  • Marvel at @D Hindley 's artwork some more
  • Divy the characters up between everything to assign things for the signatures (bios, attributes, size)
    • Unless @Pionmycake has already started on that monumental task; we could go from there.
  • Character Customization (Outfits and Hairstyles, but we have the general idea for it to be similar to the Sims)
  • More side quests (we have signatures, but an open world should have more. Think of the signatures being the shrine of this game there's plenty of them, but there's more to do)
  • Flesh out the storyline
  • Ingame currency (Disney bucks?)
    • Ways to earn said currency (For starters I think King Louie's Dancing, the Tron racing, and the magic carpet racing could be used here, but there would be more ways)
  • Items
    • Healing Items
    • Weapons
    • Other Items
  • Enemies
  • Combat System
I think that covers everything we have yet to really delve into

Last edited:

D Hulk

Yaaaaaawn! Good morning :hungover:.

Thanks for all this organizing, @tcool. I marvel at our team's progress and coordination, which gives me the freedom to just putz around drawing Disney attractions :D. That'll mostly be my goal today - coloring in what got drawn yesterday (done the Railroad this morn, started on the Castle now), then moving those assets around in a larger world map. At that point I might seek feedback about world layout. Meanwhile will be popping around here to offer my 2 cents when I can.

To another huge day:joyfull:!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Goals for now until Wednesday/Thursday:
  • Edit in the boss fights to the first post.
  • Areas explorable in the area (we keep bringing this up, but we have no areas)
  • Marvel at @D Hindley 's artwork some more
  • Divy the characters up between everything to assign things for the signatures (bios, attributes, size)
    • Unless @Pionmycake has already started on that monumental task; we could go from there.
  • Character Customization (Outfits and Hairstyles, but we have the general idea for it to be similar to the Sims)
  • More side quests (we have signatures, but an open world should have more. Think of the signatures being the shrine of this game there's plenty of them, but there's more to do)
  • Flesh out the storyline
  • Ingame currency (Disney bucks?)
    • Ways to earn said currency (For starters I think King Louie's Dancing, the Tron racing, and the magic carpet racing could be used here, but there would be more ways)
  • Items
    • Healing Items
    • Weapons
    • Other Items
  • Enemies
  • Combat System
I think that covers everything we have yet to really delve into
I can take up the signatures as my writing contribution. Just start working my way through.

For combat, I think we should stay away from Swords and Spears and bows and things like that. Both because Zelda has already done those and because real weapons like those might be strange in a game like this (that's why Kingdom Hearts has the Keyblades, Disney didn't like the idea of Sora fighting classic Disney characters with an actual sword).

I was thinking maybe a staff
Short range it can just be used to hit people, but it can also work as a Bandaid style wizard staff to cast spells. I don't know.

tcool123

The boss fights have been edited in.

Thanks for all this organizing, @tcool. I marvel at our team's progress and coordination, which gives me the freedom to just putz around drawing Disney attractions :D. That'll mostly be my goal today - coloring in what got drawn yesterday (done the Railroad this morn, started on the Castle now), then moving those assets around in a larger world map. At that point I might seek feedback about world layout. Meanwhile will be popping around here to offer my 2 cents when I can.
Sounds good; can't wait to see what you come up with :D

an take up the signatures as my writing contribution. Just start working my way through.
Sounds good as well :D

For combat, I think we should stay away from Swords and Spears and bows and things like that. Both because Zelda has already done those and because real weapons like those might be strange in a game like this (that's why Kingdom Hearts has the Keyblades, Disney didn't like the idea of Sora fighting classic Disney characters with an actual sword).

I was thinking maybe a staff
Short range it can just be used to hit people, but it can also work as a Bandaid style wizard staff to cast spells. I don't know.
No, I think you're onto something. The spells could be equippable cards drawing inspiration from the Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom. There could be 15 to 20 card in the game to collect, and to attack with. Different staffs would allow for more cards to equip which allows for a wider range of attack.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
If we need a name for the currency, how about notes. It sound simple, yet magical :). Also, I’ll try and help today but I have an interview for Northwestern University. :)
I like the coins being music Notes! They can play different tones for the different values!
Even arrange lines of Notes set up in different lands that will play Disney songs as you walk over them

tcool123

Staffs can be bought at Merlin's Magic Shop in the Cinderella Village.
  1. The Apprentice: Given to players during the tutorial. A decent staff allowing to hold one card, and allows for regular melee damage.
  2. The Miners Staff: A pickaxe that holds one card, but allows for heavy melee damage. Also slows down the player when equipped.
  3. Tink's Wand: A wand that holds three cards, but can do no melee damage. Also allow the player to go faster.
  4. The Staff of Agrabah: Jafar's staff allowing to hold two cards, and allows for regular melee damage.
  5. The Staff of the Forlorn: Maleficent's staff allows for three cards, but provides weak melee damage.
  6. Merlin's Staff: Unlocked upon collecting all five staffs. Merlin's staff allows for regular melee damage, and three cards.
Spell Cards can be found throughout the kingdom, bought from various magic shops in the kingdom, or given to the player by characters. After a while of using a card they must cool down for a set amount of time before being used again.
  1. Winds from the East: Given to players at the beginning of the game during the tutorial. It does little damage, but it knocks back enemies a bit. No cool down needed. (Main Street USA)
  2. Refresh: Given to players at the beginning of the game during the tutorial. It heals player a bit. (Main Street USA)
  3. Yensid's Fireball: Given to players upon meeting Yensid. It does little damage, but it causes enemies to burn increasing damage. (Main Street USA)
  4. Kaa's Hypnosis: Found while exploring the treetops in the jungle. It causes enemies to go to sleep. (Adventureland)
  5. Cosmic Power: Given to players by Jafar upon earning his signature. A powerful fire based spell causing enemies to burn increasing damage. (Adventureland)
  6. Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride: Given to players by Lilo after freeing Adventureland from the nightmares. A decent water based spell attacking enemies with a wave. (Adventureland)
  7. Colors of the Wind: Given to players by Pocahontas after freeing Frontierland from the nightmares. A decent wind based spell, and knocks back enemies a bit.
  8. Leota's Curse: Found in the Haunted Mansion through exploring. Enemies lose health as the player gains health.
  9. Facilier's Torment of Shadows: Given to players by Facilier upon earning his signature. A strong dark magic spell in which a large shadow hand comes out and slams enemies.
  10. Cheshire's Tricks: Bought from the Genie's Lamp which is unlocked upon meeting Merlin, and buying a new staff. Allows for players to turn invisible for a short period of time allowing to pass by enemies.
  11. Elsa's Ice Blast: Bought from the Genie's Lamp which is unlocked upon meeting Merlin, and buying a new staff. A strong ice spell in which players through blasts of ice at enemies.
  12. Mushu's Dragon Breath: Bought from the Genie's Lamp which is unlocked upon meeting Merlin, and buying a new staff. A strong fire spell causing enemies to burn increasing damage.
  13. Maleficent's Fury: Given to players by Maleficent upon earning her signature. A powerful dark magic spell in which balls of darkness fly around the player, and then attack the nearest enemy through an explosion.
  14. Space Ranger Laserblast: Found when exploring Tomorrowland. A strong electric spell which paralyzes enemies or a short period of time.
  15. Honey Lemon's Pinksplosion: Given to players by Hiro when Baymax goes rogue. A strong wind spell in which players throw pink orbs that explode damaging enemies.
  16. Doom's Dip: Given to players by Doom upon earning his signature. A strong dark magic spell in a stream of dip shoots out of the staff, and poisons the enemy.
  17. The Heart of Te Fiti: Bought from the Main Street Magic Shop which is unlocked upon collecting the first 16 spells. It heals player a bit. (Main Street USA)
  18. Figment's Wish: Bought from the Main Street Magic Shop which is unlocked upon collecting the first 16 spells. A powerful light magic spell in which bright beams of purple light attack enemies.
  19. Zeus's Thunderbolt: Bought from the Main Street Magic Shop which is unlocked upon collecting the first 16 spells. A powerful electric spell which paralyzes enemies for a short period of time.
  20. Chernabog's Nightmare: Given to players by Chernabog upon earning his signature. A powerful dark magic spell in which a barrage of ghosts fly out, and attack an enemy.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Staffs can be bought at Merlin's Magic Shop in the Cinderella Village.
  1. The Apprentice: Given to players during the tutorial. A decent staff allowing to hold one card, and allows for regular melee damage.
  2. The Miners Staff: A pickaxe that holds one card, but allows for heavy melee damage. Also slows down the player when equipped.
  3. Tink's Wand: A wand that holds three cards, but can do no melee damage. Also allow the player to go faster.
  4. The Staff of Agrabah: Jafar's staff allowing to hold two cards, and allows for regular melee damage.
  5. The Staff of the Forlorn: Maleficent's staff allows for three cards, but provides weak melee damage.
  6. Merlin's Staff: Unlocked upon collecting all five staffs. Merlin's staff allows for regular melee damage, and three cards.
Spell Cards can be found throughout the kingdom, bought from various magic shops in the kingdom, or given to the player by characters. After a while of using a card they must cool down for a set amount of time before being used again.
  1. Winds from the East: Given to players at the beginning of the game during the tutorial. It does little damage, but it knocks back enemies a bit. No cool down needed. (Main Street USA)
  2. Refresh: Given to players at the beginning of the game during the tutorial. It heals player a bit. (Main Street USA)
  3. Yensid's Fireball: Given to players upon meeting Yensid. It does little damage, but it causes enemies to burn increasing damage. (Main Street USA)
  4. Kaa's Hypnosis: Found while exploring the treetops in the jungle. It causes enemies to go to sleep. (Adventureland)
  5. Cosmic Power: Given to players by Jafar upon earning his signature. A powerful fire based spell causing enemies to burn increasing damage. (Adventureland)
  6. Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride: Given to players by Lilo after freeing Adventureland from the nightmares. A decent water based spell attacking enemies with a wave. (Adventureland)
  7. Colors of the Wind: Given to players by Pocahontas after freeing Frontierland from the nightmares. A decent wind based spell, and knocks back enemies a bit.
  8. Leota's Curse: Found in the Haunted Mansion through exploring. Enemies lose health as the player gains health.
  9. Facilier's Torment of Shadows: Given to players by Facilier upon earning his signature. A strong dark magic spell in which a large shadow hand comes out and slams enemies.
  10. Cheshire's Tricks: Bought from the Genie's Lamp which is unlocked upon meeting Merlin, and buying a new staff. Allows for players to turn invisible for a short period of time allowing to pass by enemies.
  11. Elsa's Ice Blast: Bought from the Genie's Lamp which is unlocked upon meeting Merlin, and buying a new staff. A strong ice spell in which players through blasts of ice at enemies.
  12. Mushu's Dragon Breath: Bought from the Genie's Lamp which is unlocked upon meeting Merlin, and buying a new staff. A strong fire spell causing enemies to burn increasing damage.
  13. Maleficent's Fury: Given to players by Maleficent upon earning her signature. A powerful dark magic spell in which balls of darkness fly around the player, and then attack the nearest enemy through an explosion.
  14. Space Ranger Laserblast: Found when exploring Tomorrowland. A strong electric spell which paralyzes enemies or a short period of time.
  15. Honey Lemon's Pinksplosion: Given to players by Hiro when Baymax goes rogue. A strong wind spell in which players throw pink orbs that explode damaging enemies.
  16. Doom's Dip: Given to players by Doom upon earning his signature. A strong dark magic spell in a stream of dip shoots out of the staff, and poisons the enemy.
  17. The Heart of Te Fiti: Bought from the Main Street Magic Shop which is unlocked upon collecting the first 16 spells. It heals player a bit. (Main Street USA)
  18. Figment's Wish: Bought from the Main Street Magic Shop which is unlocked upon collecting the first 16 spells. A powerful light magic spell in which bright beams of purple light attack enemies.
  19. Zeus's Thunderbolt: Bought from the Main Street Magic Shop which is unlocked upon collecting the first 16 spells. A powerful electric spell which paralyzes enemies for a short period of time.
  20. Chernabog's Nightmare: Given to players by Chernabog upon earning his signature. A powerful dark magic spell in which a barrage of ghosts fly out, and attack an enemy.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
Love this!!

Really like the idea I think I saw in there of the general enemies being Nightmares!

tcool123

Really like the idea I think I saw in there of the general enemies being Nightmares!
The general enemy throughout the kingdom being nightmares/shadow combinations, and then land specific ones? Adventureland could have Kakamoras and Hyenas; Fantasyland could have Card Soldiers, Maleficent's goons, and The Cauldron Born; Tomorrowland could have Cybugs; Toontown could have the Beagle Boys and the Weasels. This way every land has a distinctive flavour, but also general enemies to tie the game together in the form of Facilier's shadows/Chernabog's nightmares.

DisneyManOne

BTW, regarding the temple in @D Hindley's drawings: is Indiana Jones Adventure gonna be part of the game? Tying back into the re-enacting mini-game idea; that means we could do a mini-game where players join Indy on a search for a treasure inside the temple, avoiding all those booby traps. Plus, we could also get Indy's signature, too!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
BTW, regarding the temple in @D Hindley's drawings: is Indiana Jones Adventure gonna be part of the game? Tying back into the re-enacting mini-game idea; that means we could do a mini-game where players join Indy on a search for a treasure inside the temple, avoiding all those booby traps. Plus, we could also get Indy's signature, too!
I think that sounds almost more like a level than a mini game lol

We need some kind of excuse for exploring these different areas and rides. Maybe the Dream power is being stored in crystals. And you collect them either from missions like the Indiana Jones temple or haunted Mansion. Or collect them from boss fights. Maybe even clusters of crystals from boss fights.

There could be like 50 in the game, but once you have 30 you can defeat Chernabog and completer the story.

Sort like how Power Moons work in Mario Odyssey, but implemented in a Zelda style, open world adventure.

So, the crystals would be our plot reason to explore.

Autographs encourage further exploration by offering interactions with characters and boosts to power/abilities.

Music Notes encourage even more exploration as a currency used to purchase costumes and items.

DisneyManOne

BTW, if we're gonna let Cyril Proudbottom be a vehicle; could we possibly let Mr. Toad be a signature character, as well? At least in this version of the Magic Kingdom, he's still here!

EDIT: A few more questions. On @D Hindley's map, I've noticed the eastern side is kinda bare; as opposed to the western side. Are there any other rides we could mark as landmarks for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Maybe TRON Lightcycles, the Speedway or Carousel of Progress for Tomorrowland; or maybe Peter Pan's Flight or the Beast's Castle for Fantasyland? I'm just throwing out ideas at this point.

Last edited:

kmbmw777

x
I think that sounds almost more like a level than a mini game lol

We need some kind of excuse for exploring these different areas and rides. Maybe the Dream power is being stored in crystals. And you collect them either from missions like the Indiana Jones temple or haunted Mansion. Or collect them from boss fights. Maybe even clusters of crystals from boss fights.

There could be like 50 in the game, but once you have 30 you can defeat Chernabog and completer the story.

Sort like how Power Moons work in Mario Odyssey, but implemented in a Zelda style, open world adventure.

So, the crystals would be our plot reason to explore.

Autographs encourage further exploration by offering interactions with characters and boosts to power/abilities.

Music Notes encourage even more exploration as a currency used to purchase costumes and items.
Perhaps each of the bosses contain a single crystal, but we do not know where they are located. Thus we have to explore to find clues, which eventually leads to us discovering side quests.

Games like Skyrim don’t give players a reason to explore besides for the basic plot and quests. People still do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom