Purists vs. Innovators "Virtually Magic Kingdoms" Open Brainstorming (Team Innovators)

tcool123

Do we want to spend some time today adding in brief overviews of some dlc we could add?

We had talked earlier about an Epic Mickey tribute type dlc based on forgotten or never built attractions. Like Tales from the Wasteland. Or maybe move away from the Epic Mickey style but keep the never built attraction theme with a Discovery Bay based dlc.

We could also do a dlc to add star wars to the game. Tie it into the release of Episode 9. Theme it to Galaxy's Edge.

Keep it simple with the dlc description. Something like:
  • Basic plot
  • Vague description of the area
  • How the area connects to the main map
  • Boss
  • Autographs added
  • 1 new staff
  • 1new spell card
Or do we just wanna stick with what we have?
I personally think we're good with what we have.

tcool123

Piggybacking off that idea, maybe we could use some DLC elsewhere in the game. Maybe adding in new characters (Zorro in Frontierland; or maybe TRON himself in Tomorrowland)?
Going to be honest if we're going for realism there has to be something left out for a potential sequel. As it stands Toontown would be the easiest call DLC. It's out of the way, and contain a bunch of fan service with the themes of Disney Channel shows and classic Mickey Mouse characters.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Going to be honest if we're going for realism there has to be something left out for a potential sequel. As it stands Toontown would be the easiest call DLC. It's out of the way, and contain a bunch of fan service with the themes of Disney Channel shows and classic Mickey Mouse characters.
Cutting out what is already a part of the game and a fit for the general Magic Kingdom is a bad idea. That's the kind of practice game developers do that give dlc a bad name.

If we do dlc, it's gotta be something you wouldn't notice was missing if it wasn't there. Like obscure characters or lands based on specific franchises (like star wars) or lands based on never made ideas.

But I'm ok not doing dlc packs. I just brought it up because we had discussed early on doing dlc stuff if we had extra time and we have some extra time.

tcool123

It's done! :D

Virtually Magic Kingdoms - Innovators

27954978779_420b05e39b_o_d.jpg

To all who come to this happy place – welcome. The Magic Kingdom is your digital playground. Here time washes away, and dreams take flight. The Magic Kingdom is dedicated to not only your beloved characters, but to keeping the world safe from nightmare. We hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all.

The Magic Kingdom

tcool123

Cutting out what is already a part of the game and a fit for the general Magic Kingdom is a bad idea. That's the kind of practice game developers do that give dlc a bad name.

If we do dlc, it's gotta be something you wouldn't notice was missing if it wasn't there. Like obscure characters or lands based on specific franchises (like star wars) or lands based on never made ideas.

But I'm ok not doing dlc packs. I just brought it up because we had discussed early on doing dlc stuff if we had extra time and we have some extra time.
I agree, but it's the best example that we had.

The issue with doing it isn't that we don't have time. It' that we would need a theme, characters, an addition to the map, edit to the site, outfits, foods, songs, transportation, spells, and bosses. It's not that I wouldn't want to see DLC, but it's a lot of work, and we're cutting it close to the deadline are we not?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I agree, but it's the best example that we had.

The issue with doing it isn't that we don't have time. It' that we would need a theme, characters, an addition to the map, edit to the site, outfits, foods, songs, transportation, spells, and bosses. It's not that I wouldn't want to see DLC, but it's a lot of work, and we're cutting it close to the deadline are we not?
Eh, o thought just a paragraph or two describing the basic set up for the dlc on the front page of the website with the general site overview would be fine and that we wouldn't need to do a ton of work.

But like I said, it isn't necessary. Just an idea cuz we had talked about it earlier.

Thanks site and everything looks incredible by the way!!!!

tcool123

Eh, o thought just a paragraph or two describing the basic set up for the dlc on the front page of the website with the general site overview would be fine and that we wouldn't need to do a ton of work
If that's the case then I don't see why not. My vote for a dlc is free dlc in the shape of Star Wars Land. With it being free it'll make the game more appealing to the public, and appealing to star wars fans who may not have bought it before hand.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Free DLC pack released to coincide with and cross promote Star Wars Episode IX

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Adventure

A new story self contained in an all new land added to the Magic Kingdom!

Galaxy's Edge will be added to the world map in the south east corner (the cloudy area near Tomorrowland). Based on the upcoming land coming to Disneyland and Hollywood Studios, Galaxy's Edge is based on a new planet to the Star Wars mythos, Batuu. This used to be a vibrant trading port back in the old sub-lightspeed days, but now with advent of hyperspace, its prominence has kind of fallen and faded a little bit which has made it a great spot for those who didn't want to be on that kind of mainstream path. The smugglers, the bounty hunters, the rogue adventurers looking to crew up. The people who don't want to be found (basically all the interesting people).

When our hero enters this amazing new land, he is hit by a storm trooper stun gun. The storm troopers take the stunned Figment mistaking him for a droid carrying important info for the resistance. Luckily, our hero happens to find BB-8 who will serve as our guide/companion for this DLC. The hero gets caught up in the battle between the First Order and the Resistance! Eventually helping Rey and the resistance destroy a star destroyer that has been terrorizing Batuu and save Figment from his captors. The story culminates in an exciting boss fight with Kylo Ren on top of the Millenium Falcon as Rey flies it across the whole of the Magic Kingdom!

A new bounty hunter side quest is also added. Intergalactic criminals have been spotted in the Magic Kingdom! Become a bounty hunter to help track them down! Visit the Bounty Bulletin Board in the Cantina to get your next Target. Each Target is given to you one at a time. You are given some information to help track them down. These clues get tougher to decipher the more you do. After finding the Target (who could be anywhere in the Magic Kingdom, not just in Galaxy's Edge), defeat them and return to the Bounty Bulletin Board for your reward (often Pixie Dust and outfit pieces). Complete all 20 planned out Bounty Hunter Missions to receive Boba Fett's autograph (One of the best in the game) as well as his armor as a costume. After completing the 20 planned out missions, players can still return to the bulletin board to get a randomly generated mission to take out one of the 20 bounty's again somewhere new in the kningdom for some Pixie Dust.

New character signatures will be added based on characters from the exciting recent Star Wars movies (such as Rey, Finn, Poe, and more). A new staff (themed to Yoda's cane), a new spell card (Force push), new vehicles and mounts (such as swoop bikes and pod racers), new songs (The iconic score to the Star Wars films), new costumes and outfit pieces, and new foods (blue milk!) can be found in Galaxy's Edge! The new boss fight against Kylo Ren will also reward players with another Crystal.​

tcool123

Free DLC pack released to coincide with and cross promote Star Wars Episode IX​

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Adventure

A new story self contained in an all new land added to the Magic Kingdom!

Galaxy's Edge will be added to the world map in the south east corner (the cloudy area near Tomorrowland). Based on the upcoming land coming to Disneyland and Hollywood Studios, Galaxy's Edge is based on a new planet to the Star Wars mythos, Batuu. This used to be a vibrant trading port back in the old sub-lightspeed days, but now with advent of hyperspace, its prominence has kind of fallen and faded a little bit which has made it a great spot for those who didn't want to be on that kind of mainstream path. The smugglers, the bounty hunters, the rogue adventurers looking to crew up. The people who don't want to be found (basically all the interesting people).​

When our hero enters this amazing new land, he is hit by a storm trooper stun gun. The storm troopers take the stunned Figment mistaking him for a droid carrying important info for the resistance. Luckily, our hero happens to find BB-8 who will serve as our guide/companion for this DLC. The hero gets caught up in the battle between the First Order and the Resistance! Eventually helping Rey and the resistance destroy a star destroyer that has been terrorizing Batuu and save Figment from his captors. The story culminates in an exciting boss fight with Kylo Ren on top of the Millenium Falcon as Rey flies it across the whole of the Magic Kingdom!​

A new bounty hunter side quest is also added. Intergalactic criminals have been spotted in the Magic Kingdom! Become a bounty hunter to help track them down! Visit the Bounty Bulletin Board in the Cantina to get your next Target. Each Target is given to you one at a time. You are given some information to help track them down. These clues get tougher to decipher the more you do. After finding the Target (who could be anywhere in the Magic Kingdom, not just in Galaxy's Edge), defeat them and return to the Bounty Bulletin Board for your reward (often Pixie Dust and outfit pieces). Complete all 20 planned out Bounty Hunter Missions to receive Boba Fett's autograph (One of the best in the game) as well as his armor as a costume. After completing the 20 planned out missions, players can still return to the bulletin board to get a randomly generated mission to take out one of the 20 bounty's again somewhere new in the kningdom for some Pixie Dust.​

New character signatures will be added based on characters from the exciting recent Star Wars movies (such as Rey, Finn, Poe, and more). A new staff (themed to Yoda's cane), a new spell card (Force push), new vehicles and mounts (such as swoop bikes and pod racers), new songs (The iconic score to the Star Wars films), new costumes and outfit pieces, and new foods (blue milk!) can be found in Galaxy's Edge! The new boss fight against Kylo Ren will also reward players with another Crystal.​
Added it to the website, and posted the project onto the main thread. had a great time working with y'all :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom