Purists vs. Innovators "Virtually Magic Kingdoms" Open Brainstorming (Team Innovators)

DisneyManOne

Also: if Eeyore is going to be able to talk in this game, why not have him also serve as autograph/vehicle, like I proposed we did with Dumbo? Truth be told, when I asked about making Dumbo an autograph/vehicle combo, I overlooked the fact that Eeyore was to be a vehicle in the game, as well. That's why I asked if he could be just an autograph character.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
My main reasoning for not including Shere Khan is how similar he would be to Scar. They're two big predatory cats with similar limitations. My idea with King Louie is that he still wants to be like you, and as such is trying to trap you so you can teach him how to make man's red flower.

Also the list should be edited with the rest relatively soon.

I like the comdeic fight with King Louie.

I will say though, Sher Khan and Scar could be handled very differently. Scar could be a more physical fight where Sher Khan could be about out smarting him and setting a trap with fire.

Similar species doesn't necessarily mean similar fight. Not every boss, even the serious bosses, needs to be fought the same way.

tcool123

Also: if Eeyore is going to be able to talk in this game, why not have him also serve as autograph/vehicle, like I proposed we did with Dumbo? Truth be told, when I asked about making Dumbo an autograph/vehicle combo, I overlooked the fact that Eeyore was to be a vehicle in the game, as well. That's why I asked if he could be just an autograph character.
You didn't overlook it I added it in since you proposed Dumbo, and I thought Eeyore could be the same situation as Dumbo. Good catch though ;):p

Okay, that makes perfect sense. But then again, Louie wasn't all that villainous, to begin with. I kinda think having his battle be a dance-off would be a fun and hilarious way to subvert the typical boss battle cliches we'll see over the course of our game. Honestly, I think the "comedic" villains (i;e the Stepsisters) should do fun and hilarious battles, and leave the edgy, fighting battles to the major villains (Maleficent, Scar, etc.)
The more I think about it the more I like it. I think this could utilize the motion controls of the Joycons, but he should be an optional boss due to this. This way you don't have to "fight" him for the story, but for completion.

I like the comdeic fight with King Louie.

I will say though, Sher Khan and Scar could be handled very differently. Scar could be a more physical fight where Sher Khan could be about out smarting him and setting a trap with fire.

Similar species doesn't necessarily mean similar fight. Not every boss, even the serious bosses, needs to be fought the same way.
That is true, and could make for an interesting change from the traditional fights; do you think we should include all three villains into the game?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
You didn't overlook it I added it in since you proposed Dumbo, and I thought Eeyore could be the same situation as Dumbo. Good catch though ;):p

The more I think about it the more I like it. I think this could utilize the motion controls of the Joycons, but he should be an optional boss due to this. This way you don't have to "fight" him for the story, but for completion.

That is true, and could make for an interesting change from the traditional fights; do you think we should include all three villains into the game?
I'm game with just King Louie and Scar. Dance battle sounds like a fun side mission.

I just kinda wanted to say that as food for thought for boss fights in general with this game

tcool123

We're gonna have a complete book describing this game by the time we're done lol. I love it! The excitement and creativity in this thread is incredible!!
:hilarious: That's the goal. I'm really pumped for this, and want to make the most of my three day weekend.

Quick list of bosses to keep track of them:
  • Cruella De Vil (Main Street USA)
    • Race Cruella throughout Main Street USA; unlocks the jalopy
      • Buy half of all the outfits throughout the kingdom for her signature; unlocks Cruella's roadster
  • Scar (Adventureland)
    • Traditional battle, but the ground is constantly shifting ala Be Prepared scene.
      • Battle a second time with the second time around being harder for the signature.
  • Jafar (Adventureland)
    • Jafar fights with magic for his first 1/3 of HP; after losing 1/3 he transforms into a snake, and is able to poison the player; after losing 2/3 he becomes the genie performing stronger versions of his attacks from the first portion of the game.
      • Beat Jafar in a Magic Carpet race for his signature.
  • King Louie (Adventureland)
    • To defeat King Louie beat him in a dance battle to the tune of I Wanna Be Like You.
      • Beat King Louie in a dance battle to the tune of Bare Necessities for his signature.
  • Brer Bear and Brer Fox (Frontierland)
    • The duo fight together throwing down jars of honey and molasses; to defeat them players will need to trick one of them to attack the other. Occurs in a room that is slowly flooding until everyone is on logs floating in the briar patch.
      • For Brer Bear's signature gift him a jar of honey; For Brer Fox's signature gather the signatures of Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear.
  • Stinky Pete (Frontierland)
    • Defeat Stinky Pete within the mineshafts of Thunder Mountain as they crumble and explode. Players must avoid moving mine trains, and Stinky Pete's pickaxe and dynamite sticks.
      • Battle a second time with the second time around being harder for the signature.
  • Headless Horseman (Liberty Square)
    • To defeat the Headless Horseman race him to the covered bridge on horseback.
      • To earn his signature bring the Headless Horseman a Sam's Shrunken Head item.
  • Doctor Facilier (Liberty Square)
    • Facilier is invincible so players must attack his shadow.
      • Players must defeat 50 shadow enemies throughout the Kingdom to earn his signature.
  • The Evil Queen (Fantasyland)
    • The Evil Queen fights by throwing potions, and is aided by her Magic Mirror for her first 1/2 of HP; Upon losing 1/2 of her HP she becomes The Witch and is with armed with stronger potions and lightning storms.
  • The Stepsisters (Fantasyland)
    • Can only be challenged if the player is wearing prince/princess clothing otherwise they will ignore you.
      • Male: They will attack with kisses, hugging, and overall trying to woo you.
      • Female: They will attack with their nails, singing, and swinging jewelry.
        • Players must show up in the opposite gender's royal outfit for their signature.
  • Gaston (Fantasyland)
    • Fought in his tavern to the "Gaston" song surrounded by his townsfolk admirers cheering him on, Gaston is armed with arrows and a shotgun.
  • Maleficent (Fantasyland)
    • Maleficent fights with magic mirroring Jafar's moveset, but after defeating the first time she transforms into a dragon with full health.
  • Zurg (Tomorrowland)
    • A laser-filled parody of Luke's battle against Vader in Empire, in a target practice battle like the Buzz ride.
  • AUT-0 (Tomorrowland)
    • AUT-0 has taken over the mind of Baymax; defeat Baymax in his super suit, and then attack AUT-0 once to defeat him.
      • Gather the signatures of all the robots in Tomorrowland to earn his signature.
  • Rinzler (Tomorrowland)
    • To defeat Rinzler beat him in a lightcycle race on the Autopia course; unlocks the lightcycle.
      • To obtain his signature beat him again, but now race through Tomorrowland avoiding obstacles.
  • The Phantom Blot (Toontown)
    • Moves in and out of ever-shifting ink and shadows. Must be defeated by restoring the Gag Factory lights.
  • Judge Doom (Toontown)
    • First 1/2 as a "human" driving his Dip machine, which is basically a giant puzzle boss. Second 1/2 Doom is "dipped" and becomes a toon, fighting with anvils and buzz saws and bombs, etc.
  • Chernabog (The Hub)
    • Battled on top of the castle. No matter how hard the player tries they can't defeat Chernabog for the stolen dreams have started to become nightmares, and the kingdom has begun to fracture into pieces. Cutscenes of Disney characters in their respective lands look along, and send the player their best wishes in fighting Chernabog. With the new encouragement players are able to defeat Chernabog with new boosted stats.
      • Collect the signatures of all the bosses, and then battle a second time with the second time around being harder for the signature.
Suggestions? Thoughts?

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
:hilarious: That's the goal. I'm really pumped for this, and want to make the most of my three day weekend.

Quick list of bosses to keep track of them:
  • Cruella De Vil (Main Street USA)
    • Traditional battle may be best as she is the first boss to be found in the game.
      • Buy half of all the outfits throughout the kingdom for her signature.
  • Scar (Adventureland)
    • Traditional battle, but the ground is constantly shifting ala Be Prepared scene
  • Jafar (Adventureland)
    • Jafar fights with magic for his first 1/3 of HP; after losing 1/3 he transforms into a snake, and is able to poison the player; after losing 2/3 he becomes the genie performing stronger versions of his attacks from the first portion of the game.
      • Beat Jafar in a Magic Carpet race for his signature.
  • King Louie (Adventureland)
    • To defeat King Louie beat him in a dance battle to the tune of I Wanna Be Like You.
      • Beat King Louie in a dance battle to the tune of Bare Necessities for his signature.
  • Brer Bear and Brer Fox (Frontierland)
  • Stinky Pete (Frontierland)
  • Headless Horseman (Liberty Square)
  • Doctor Facilier (Liberty Square)
    • Facilier is invincible so players must attack his shadow.
      • Players must defeat 50 shadow enemies throughout the Kingdom to earn his signature.
  • The Evil Queen (Fantasyland)
  • The Stepsisters (Fantasyland)
    • Can only be challenged if the player is wearing prince/princess clothing otherwise they will ignore you.
      • Male: They will attack with kisses, hugging, and overall trying to woo you.
      • Female: They will attack with their nails, singing, and swinging jewelry.
        • Players must show up in the opposite gender's royal outfit for their signature.
  • Gaston (Fantasyland)
  • Maleficent (Fantasyland)
    • Maleficent fights with magic mirroring Jafar's moveset, but after defeating the first time she trnsforms into a dragon with full health
  • Zurg (Tomorrowland)
  • AUT-0 (Tomorrowland)
  • Rinzler (Tomorrowland)
    • To defeat Rinzler beat him in a lightcycle race on the Autopia course; unlocks the lightcycle.
      • To obtain his signature beat him again, but now race through Tomorrowland avoiding obstacles.
  • The Phantom Blot (Toontown)
  • Judge Doom (Toontown)
  • Chernabog (The Hub)
Suggestions? Thoughts?
I like it! I think a race might be better against Cruella even with her being early on in the game. A traditional boss fight might just feel like we're beating up an old lady lol

DisneyManOne

Well, to be honest, I must state: King Louie isn't really a villain. He's just there for that one scene. He's not even listed among the official list of Disney villains. If anything, the villains of The Jungle Book are Shere Khan and Kaa.

D Hulk

Headless Horseman (Haunted Mansion) - Must be battled on horseback in a race to see who reaches the covered bridge first.

Stinky Pete (Big Thunder) - Battled within Big Thunder's earthquake/blasting shaft with many moving mine carts, dodging his pickaxe and sticks of dynamite.

Brer Fox and Brer Bear (Splash Mountain) - They battle in tandem with sticky jars of honey and molasses, the only way to defeat them is to convince them to attack each other. Perhaps also occurs in a slowly flooding room, until all combatants are riding logs through a briar patch.

Evil Queen (Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) - First 1/2 of HP as the Queen armed with magic potion spells and abetted by her Magic Mirror. Second 1/2 as the Wicked Witch, armed with stronger magic and lightning storms.

Gaston (Gaston's Tavern) - Fought in his tavern to the "Gaston" song surrounded by his townsfolk admirers cheering him on, Gaston armed with arrows and shotgun.

Phantom Blot (Gag Factory) - Moves in and out of ever-shifting ink and shadows. Must be defeated by restoring the Gag Factory's lights.

Judge Doom (Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin) - First 1/2 as a "human" driving his Dip machine, which is basically a giant puzzle boss. Second 1/2 Doom is "dipped" and becomes a toon, fighting with anvils and buzz saws and bombs, etc.

Zurg (Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters) - A laser-filled parody of Luke's battle against Vader in Empire, in a target practice battle like the Buzz ride.

AUT-0 (Space Mountain) - Space battle in your rocket ship against AUT-0 piloting the entire Axiom, near a black hole.

Chernabog - ???

Just spitballing some ideas. No signatures worked out yet.

Should we have a boss battle against Davy Jones for Pirates of the Caribbean?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Now, one question that really intrigues me: how are we gonna represent the rides in the game? Are they going to be virtual ride-throughs, mini-stories based upon the ride's lore, or a mix of both (like Kinect Disneyland Adventures)?
I was thinking the rides are just kind of a part of the environment. Thunder Mountain is an actual mountain. Space Mountain is an actual space port. Tiki room is an actual enchanted room full of enchanted tikis. Etc.

DisneyManOne

I was thinking the rides are just kind of a part of the environment. Thunder Mountain is an actual mountain. Space Mountain is an actual space port. Tiki room is an actual enchanted room full of enchanted tikis. Etc.

Ah, very interesting. But, would you still be able to fully explore the environments? Would you actually get to set sail with the Pirates of the Caribbean or explore the Haunted Mansion on foot? Heck, for Fantasyland: you could step through the dark ride entrances and actually find yourself in the setting of the ride (exploring the 100 Acre Wood with Pooh, flying through Neverland with Peter Pan, having a tea party in Wonderland). Although that begs the question: what would we do with "small world"?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Ah, very interesting. But, would you still be able to fully explore the environments? Would you actually get to set sail with the Pirates of the Caribbean or explore the Haunted Mansion on foot? Heck, for Fantasyland: you could step through the dark ride entrances and actually find yourself in the setting of the ride (exploring the 100 Acre Wood with Pooh, flying through Neverland with Peter Pan, having a tea party in Wonderland). Although that begs the question: what would we do with "small world"?
I personally would vote we just incorporate sections of these world's into the game world. Like where the Tea Cups would be is a small Wonderland area. That way the world is not disconnected with portals to other lands.

And yeah, Haunt Mansion you would just walk inside I guess.

Then again, you're idea of the ride buildings working as "portals" kinda to character based world's could be cool. They could work like the shrines in breath of the wild. More linear, traditional game levels mixed into the worlds.

Both methods could be pretty cool to do. One would give a more coherent world. The other would give us an excuse for some more traditional, linear gameplay.

D Hulk

I personally would vote we just incorporate sections of these world's into the game world. Like where the Tea Cups would be is a small Wonderland area. That way the world is not disconnected with portals to other lands.

Then again, you're idea of the ride buildings working as "portals" kinda to character based world's could be cool. They could work like the shrines in breath of the wild. More linear, traditional game levels mixed into the worlds.

Both methods could be pretty cool to do. One would give a more coherent world. The other would give us an excuse for some more traditional, linear gameplay.
I'm generally more in favor of the wide open world idea over the portals, would really give that exploratory Breath of the Wild feel. Imagery like a genuinely mountain-sized Space Mountain faintly in the distance while driving around the never-ending Autopia tracks, that sort of thing really intrigues me.

Certain extreme stylistic examples, like Small World, can still employ a bit of that portal notion, but it'd still be to a vast IASW world, not a series of enclosed dark ride rooms.

tcool123

I vote for a more coherent open world with things like the Mad Tea Party becoming their own little area of Wonderland, and The Frontierland Mountain Range.

This is an open world we shouldn't aim for the traditional ad linear gameplay. Like Breath of the Wild you should be able to explore at your own pace.

Should we have a boss battle against Davy Jones for Pirates of the Caribbean?
I would say no Adventureland has three bosses already with Scar, King Louie, and Jafar.

AUT-0 (Space Mountain) - Space battle in your rocket ship against AUT-0 piloting the entire Axiom, near a black hole.

Just spitballing some ideas. No signatures worked out yet.
I'm iffy on AUT-0's battle how would the Axiom fit in?

Chernabog: Tying back to the idea of multiple people joining your party; this would be the showdown to end all showdowns. You, fighting alongside the beloved Disney characters, to take down the Devil himself and stop him from spreading darkness and unhappiness!
I'm still going to pass on the fighting alongside all the characters because of logistics. However let's ay no matter how hard you try you can't defeat Chernabog for the stolen dreams have started to become nightmares. The kingdom has begun to fracture into pieces. Cutscenes of the Disney characters in their respective lands look along, and send the player their best wishes in fighting Chernabog ala Paper Mario 64. It allows for a more realistic approach, but keeping the Disney characters.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I vote for a more coherent open world with things like the Mad Tea Party becoming their own little area of Wonderland, and The Frontierland Mountain Range.

This is an open world we shouldn't aim for the traditional ad linear gameplay. Like Breath of the Wild you should be able to explore at your own pace.

I would say no Adventureland has three bosses already with Scar, King Louie, and Jafar.

I'm iffy on AUT-0's battle how would the Axiom fit in?

I'm still going to pass on the fighting alongside all the characters because of logistics. However let's ay no matter how hard you try you can't defeat Chernabog for the stolen dreams have started to become nightmares. The kingdom has begun to fracture into pieces. Cutscenes of the Disney characters in their respective lands look along, and send the player their best wishes in fighting Chernabog ala Paper Mario 64. It allows for a more realistic approach, but keeping the Disney characters.

I like that for the finale with Chernabog! Good simple way to have everyone involved.

Maybe AUT-0 has taken to taking control of other AIs. Boss fight against a mind controlled Baymax. Something like that.

I think Barbossa over Davy Jones personally. And three bosses isn't too many if King Louie is kept as a more optional fun side thing.

tcool123

Maybe AUT-0 has taken to taking control of other AIs. Boss fight against a mind controlled Baymax. Something like that.
I think that could be an interesting thing done right. We've already seen baymax gome rouge he'll quitebthe challenge.

I think Barbossa over Davy Jones personally. And three bosses isn't too many if King Louie is kept as a more optional fun side thing.
Your right that keeps slipping my mind. I can see CotBP Barboss and crew being cool to fight, and adds depth to that area of Adventueland. We would essentially have the jungle area with Polynesian, African, and Indian influences, Agrabah and Tortuga or Port Royale rounding us out in Adventureland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom