Purists vs. Innovators "Virtually Magic Kingdoms" Open Brainstorming (Team Innovators)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
This is great! I was just thinking that we could literally make Breath of the Wild with Mickey as Link, Minnie as Zelda, rides as shrines, and Chernabog as Gannon, but that seems too cheap. BotW is just so good though!
It's an amazing game! Im a little scared we're gonna go strong on brainstorming, take a break to play Zelda for research, get distracted, and all come back like a month later lol

D Hulk

Just as a reference point, here some of what each land might have (pulling from the various castle parks). Could be a good thing for us all to add to and modify when creating our world. From memory; likely incomplete.

Main Street
Railroad (multiple lands)
Main Street vehicles
Opera House
That Marceline theater they're building in MK
Firehouse
City Hall
Emporium
Main Street Theater

Hub
Partners statue
Fireworks
Parades

Adventureland
Jungle Cruise
The Enchanted Tiki Room
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
Pirates of the Caribbean
Aladdin's Needless Carpet Spinners
Indiana Jones Adventure
Roaring Rapids (Shanghai)
Adventure Isle Challenge Trails (Shanghai)
Skipper Canteen
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto
Liki Tikis

Frontierland
Big Thunder
Rivers of America - Mark Twain
S.S. Columbia
Davy Crockett Canoes
Tom Sawyer Island
Golden Horseshoe
Country Bear Jamboree
Shootin' Gallery
Critter Country (subland?) - Splash Mountain
Big Grizzly Mountain
Fort Wilderness

Tomorrowland
Space Mountain
PeopleMover
Carousel of Progress
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
Buzz Lightyear's Shoot 'Em Up
Autopia/Speedway
Astro Orbiter
Monorail
Star Tours/Iron Man Experience
Innoventions
Nautilus walkthrough
That Jedi show with kids

Fantasyland
Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty Castle
Peter Pan's Flight
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Ariel's Undersea Adventure (lots of adventures!)
it's a small world
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Seven Dwarfs Mine Carts
King Arthur's Carousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mad Tea Party
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Alice maze
Mickey's Philharmagic
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Be Our Guest
Gaston's Tavern

Liberty Square
Haunted Mansion
Hall of Presidents

Also Fantasmic!

kmbmw777

Just as a reference point, here some of what each land might have (pulling from the various castle parks). Could be a good thing for us all to add to and modify when creating our world. From memory; likely incomplete.

Main Street
Railroad (multiple lands)
Main Street vehicles
Opera House
That Marceline theater they're building in MK
Firehouse
City Hall
Emporium
Main Street Theater

Hub
Partners statue
Fireworks
Parades

Adventureland
Jungle Cruise
The Enchanted Tiki Room
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
Pirates of the Caribbean
Aladdin's Needless Carpet Spinners
Indiana Jones Adventure
Roaring Rapids (Shanghai)
Adventure Isle Challenge Trails (Shanghai)
Skipper Canteen
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto
Liki Tikis

Frontierland
Big Thunder
Rivers of America - Mark Twain
S.S. Columbia
Davy Crockett Canoes
Tom Sawyer Island
Golden Horseshoe
Country Bear Jamboree
Shootin' Gallery
Critter Country (subland?) - Splash Mountain
Big Grizzly Mountain
Fort Wilderness

Tomorrowland
Space Mountain
PeopleMover
Carousel of Progress
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
Buzz Lightyear's Shoot 'Em Up
Autopia/Speedway
Astro Orbiter
Monorail
Star Tours/Iron Man Experience
Innoventions
Nautilus walkthrough
That Jedi show with kids

Fantasyland
Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty Castle
Peter Pan's Flight
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Ariel's Undersea Adventure (lots of adventures!)
it's a small world
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Seven Dwarfs Mine Carts
King Arthur's Carousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mad Tea Party
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Alice maze
Mickey's Philharmagic
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Be Our Guest
Gaston's Tavern

Liberty Square
Haunted Mansion
Hall of Presidents

Also Fantasmic!
Our we going to only use the IPs seen here? Many great IPs (Zootopia, Big Hero 6, UP) would the night not represented. We could maybe add our own lands/ attractions?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Also for presentation - is an IGN style walkthrough too long for the short time we have?
Walkthrough idea was brought up, same with a fake news article/video, and a few other
I got the game for Christmax and have just made it to Zora’s domainand beat the shrine there. I died so many times on my way there :po_O
That's about where I'm at too actually! I didn't die much on the way there, but that's because I was trying to force my way through the dessert first, but kept dying. Got a ton of over powered weapons though, so Zora's domain was a piece of cake until I broke them all lol

spacemt354

Chili's
Shh...now we see the team in their natural habitat...look at the majestic replies.
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAdTAAAAJDUxZTYwOTc5LWM0YTUtNGNkMC04MDVlLWZlN2MwYzRjODU3ZA.jpg

kmbmw777

Walkthrough idea was brought up, same with a fake news article/video, and a few other

That's about where I'm at too actually! I didn't die much on the way there, but that's because I was trying to force my way through the dessert first, but kept dying. Got a ton of over powered weapons though, so Zora's domain was a piece of cake until I broke them all lol
Oh sorry. Must’ve missed that.
And I’m a hoarder so I refused to consume the electric resistance elixer and I wanted to eat as little food as possible. I wasted too many arrows tho :banghead::p

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Our we going to only use the IPs seen here? Many great IPs (Zootopia, Big Hero 6, UP) would the night not represented. We could maybe add our own lands/ attractions?
I personally thing the IPs are less important than the environments for something like this. I vote we put the IPs into the lands we want rather than out the lands for the IPs we want. But I don't see any reason we couldn't run into Baymax in Tomorrowland or see Carl's house flying over Adventureland. These things don't need to be a big focus, just kinda there adding life to the environments.

If we do the autograph side quest it adds the extra element of needing to find Baymax and finding a way up to the flying house to get the characters autographs.

Or expanding certain environments with character based dungeons/shrine type things. Like a Cave of Wonders in Adventureland or Wonderland in Fantasyland.

kmbmw777

I personally thing the IPs are less important than the environments for something like this. I vote we put the IPs into the lands we want rather than out the lands for the IPs we want. But I don't see any reason we couldn't run into Baymax in Tomorrowland or see Carl's house flying over Adventureland. These things don't need to be a big focus, just kinda there adding life to the environments.

If we do the autograph side quest it adds the extra element of needing to find Baymax and finding a way up to the flying house to get the characters autographs.

Or expanding certain environments with character based dungeons/shrine type things. Like a Cave of Wonders in Adventureland or Wonderland in Fantasyland.
Okay, that works perfectly. Do we want to include Star Wars or Marvel properties?

tcool123

It's an amazing game! Im a little scared we're gonna go strong on brainstorming, take a break to play Zelda for research, get distracted, and all come back like a month later lol
You just reminded me I need to finish the Champion's Ballad.....

Wow y'all all slacking I already had beat the game 110 hours ago :rolleyes:

Okay, that works perfectly. Do we want to include Star Wars or Marvel properties?
I want to say no let's avoid Marvel and Star Wars going for a more traditional purist Disney approach.

Like the ideas mentioned here.

Shh...now we see the team in their natural habitat...look at the majestic replies.
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAdTAAAAJDUxZTYwOTc5LWM0YTUtNGNkMC04MDVlLWZlN2MwYzRjODU3ZA.jpg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Another thing to consider. Our game might benefit from having it's own distinct art style. That could help blend the "real" environments with the modern Disney with the classic Disney with the Pixar with the in park characters with the live action character with etc.

Something cell-shaded and cartoony like WindWaker might work.

tcool123

Another thing to consider. Our game might benefit from having it's own distinct art style. That could help blend the "real" environments with the modern Disney with the classic Disney with the Pixar with the in park characters with the live action character with etc.

Something cell-shaded and cartoony like WindWaker might work.
Another art style to consider is Meander, a combination if cgi and hand drawn. I feel as this could be the perfect art style to cross over 2D animation but cgi as well.

Meander in use in Disney:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom