Purists vs. Innovators "Virtually Magic Kingdoms" Open Brainstorming (Team Innovators)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Random brainstorm idea! (Maybe a stupid one.)

What about a secret hidden world (kinda like Zelda's Dark Worlds) which houses all of Disney's extinct and unrealized attractions? For the second mission after completing the regular game?
Ooooooh, maybe even as a secret mission or dlc type thing. Might be too similar to epic Mickey though

D Hulk

And Figment/dream finder could even make great mentor/guide characters. Figment would be great as our Navi type sidekick. Maybe Dream finder's disappearance could be a main plot point! The villains kidnapped him and his blimp thing to steal the dream power. So, Figment finds a "dreamer" to save the day!
Well there's our plot! Excellent!

Who's the villain?

And who's the player character?

tcool123

I like this! Maybe not taking actual areas/rides from other parks, but have some expanded jungle type areas in Adventureland that tie into Animal Kingdom Stuff like Lion King.
The Jungle Cruise is an actual Jungle incorporating Lion King/Jungle Book/Tarzan
Frontierland Mountain Range is an actual well mountain range with valleys
And so on and so forth

What about a secret hidden world (kinda like Zelda's Dark Worlds) which houses all of Disney's extinct and unrealized attractions? For the second mission after completing the regular game?
I agree with @Pionmycake it is a bit similar, but a good idea. However i think we should focus on the core game, and if we have time then DLC.

And Figment/dream finder could even make great mentor/guide characters. Figment would be great as our Navi type sidekick. Maybe Dream finder's disappearance could be a main plot point! The villains kidnapped him and his blimp thing to steal the dream power. So, Figment finds a "dreamer" to save the day!
Good plot

Who's the villain?
Spitball: Maleficent being puppeted by Chernabog who controls an army of Disney baddies.

Yourself, we could a custom character maker ala The Sims. It would be YOUR adventure instead of someone playing out a set story. It would also allow for everyone to feel represented rather they be boy or girl, white or black, shirt hair or long hair, etc.

For clothing there oculd be Disney character outfits like the Mad Hatter's Hat, Cinderella's Gown, etc.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Well there's our plot! Excellent!

Who's the villain?

I'm thinking player character as either a generic, hero type, audience surrogate, main character like Link. Or maybe a customizeable character. Idk.

And as far as villains go, idk. Pete could work for a more goofy, Mario like game. Maleficent could work great for something more Zelda like, but she got the focus in Kingdom Hearts.

Jafar, Ursala, and Hades are possibilities. Dr. Facilier.

Maybe even an original villain who is making a deal with the Disney villains.

Maybe the main villain could be the personification of Universal lol jk

D Hulk

Our villain:

michael_eisner_disney_celador.jpg

tcool123

His suggestion that Jungle Cruise IS a jungle incorporating Lion King, Jungle Book, Tarzan, etc., that gives an idea. What if across all of MK's lands we could add characters from all the Disney animated films?
Other than Zootopia, Chicken Little, Oliver & Co, Bolt, Rescuers I honestly think this could work. Didn't list Make Mine Music, Fun and Fancy Free, nor Melody Time because all the shorts fit differently.

Main Street: Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, Mouse Detective, Aristocats, Princess and the Frog
Fantasyland: Snow WHite, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Black Cauldron, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Fantasia 2000, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, Frozen
Liberty Square: Sleepy Hollow, Pocahontas, Princess and the Frog
Frontierland: Bambi, Fox and the Hound, Pocahontas, Brother Bear, Home on the Range
Adventureland: Saludos Amigos, Three Caballeros, Peter Pan, Jungle Book, Aladdin, Lion King, Tarzan, Dinosaur, Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch, Moana
Tomorrowland: Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Meet the Robinsons, Wreck-It Ralph, Big Hero 6

The villain question is valid. I forgot about Kingdom Hearts, but yeah due to Maleficent's involvement I think we should steer clear of her as the main villain.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Other than Zootopia, Chicken Little, Oliver & Co, Bolt, Rescuers I honestly think this could work. Didn't list Make Mine Music, Fun and Fancy Free, nor Melody Time because all the shorts fit differently.

Main Street: Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, Mouse Detective, Aristocats, Princess and the Frog
Fantasyland: Snow WHite, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Black Cauldron, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Fantasia 2000, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, Frozen
Liberty Square: Sleepy Hollow, Pocahontas, Princess and the Frog
Frontierland: Bambi, Fox and the Hound, Pocahontas, Brother Bear, Home on the Range
Adventureland: Saludos Amigos, Three Caballeros, Peter Pan, Jungle Book, Aladdin, Lion King, Tarzan, Dinosaur, Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch, Moana
Tomorrowland: Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Meet the Robinsons, Wreck-It Ralph, Big Hero 6

The villain question is valid. I forgot about Kingdom Hearts, but yeah due to Maleficent's involvement I think we should steer clear of her as the main villain.
Maleficent is the main Disney villain of both Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Keepers (well, for the first few books at least. Didn't actually finish the series).

And if this is a dream park meant to represent all kingdom parks, we can have Liberty Square and New Orleans Square. A Tomorrowland that's a mix of Tomorrowland and Discoveryland. Toon Town and story book circus. Critter Country off the back of Fronteirland. More lands can help fill out the world map and keep things even more interesting in the game over world.

Also, what if a side quest is to collect autographs from all the characters hidden around. You get bonuses for every so many you get.

D Hulk

It feels obvious to suggest Chernabog as villain, but why not? I’m sure he’s been used.

“As long as there is Imagination left in the world, Disneyland will not be finished.” Villainous plan to destroy all Imagination.

What if we took a Zelda-like approach to game structure? So each land has a “dungeon” or two (the major E-tickets) which represent our assorted quests. There’s item collection throughout, Disney-themed things like Triton’s trident, Yen Sid’s hat, Genie’s lamp...

Everything you’re all suggesting sounds perfect, even the little things like side quests. This project is gonna need some careful organization pretty soon since we’re creating basically a universe.

And an early thought for presentation style: What if we did it like a game manual? (Old school, I know. A tutorial instead?) Have it written in-Character by a major game character (maybe DreamFinder?).

tcool123

Maleficent is the main Disney villain of both Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Keepers (well, for the first few books at least. Didn't actually finish the series).
Well I guess best to avoid the obvious pick

Book 1 - 3: Maleficent
Book 4: Evil Queen/Cruella
Book 5 - 6: Tia Dalma
Book 7: Maleficent/Evil Queen/Tia Dalma/Chernabog
Book 8: Time itself
I haven't read the rest yet

And if this is a dream park meant to represent all kingdom parks, we can have Liberty Square and New Orleans Square. A Tomorrowland that's a mix of Tomorrowland and Discoveryland. Toon Town and story book circus. Critter Country off the back of Fronteirland. More lands can help fill out the world map and keep things even more interesting in the game over world.
or the Innovators prompt, players as Imagineers have been called in to Nintendo headquarters to help design an open world Switch game based around the concept of a Magic Kingdom. Instead of being a simulation ala Adventures in the Magic Kingdom, think of this as an Epic Mickey style reimagining of the concept of a "Magic Kingdom" in an open world, Breath of the Wild type setting. Leaderboard points will be rewarded to everyone who contributes content to the final product. Good luck team, this project is due Sunday, January 21st at 11:59PM Eastern.
We should have @TheOriginalTiki clarify what he means by Magic Kingdom. Is a Magic Kingdom style park, or THE Magic Kingdom before we progress any further withadding on Disneyland

Also, what if a side quest is to collect autographs from all the characters hidden around. You get bonuses for every so many you get.
That could be a fun little side thing.

“As long as there is Imagination left in the world, Disneyland will not be finished.” Villainous plan to destroy all Imagination.

What if we took a Zelda-like approach to game structure? So each land has a “dungeon” or two (the major E-tickets) which represent our assorted quests. There’s item collection throughout, Disney-themed things like Triton’s trident, Yen Sid’s hat, Genie’s lamp...

Everything you’re all suggesting sounds perfect, even the little things like side quests. This project is gonna need some careful organization pretty soon since we’re creating basically a universe.

And an early thought for presentation style: What if we did it like a game manual? (Old school, I know. A tutorial instead?) Have it written in-Character by a major game character (maybe DreamFinder?).
LOVE THIS. I agree at this rate we're going to need to start soon.

It feels obvious to suggest Chernabog as villain, but why not? I’m sure he’s been used.
How about we have a main villain that's a puppet that Chernabog is controlling? After all he doesn't even speak it'll be hard to make him a full on villain, but one lurking in the shadows being the ultimate baddie? That's pretty cool

D Hulk

How about we have a main villain that's a puppet that Chernabog is controlling? After all he doesn't even speak it'll be hard to make him a full on villain, but one lurking in the shadows being the ultimate baddie? That's pretty cool
Sounds a little like the Friends on the Other Side could work too. They’re pretty sinister, and obviously more powerful than Facilier. Like shadow reflections of the world. I dunno.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

We could do a couple different things with presentation blended together. Maybe do a fake gaming new video and/or article. Some box art/back of the box description. Game manual. Maybe even very simple intro cutscenes. (Still picture slide show with voices over it could be done).

There's just so much possibility for presentation here. Might be interesting to use a couple methods blended together.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
"The Magic Kingdom" should simply be the general name of your Open World. You can have as many sub-areas (aka "parks" ) within and beyond the kingdom as you want but generally the game should start there.
So, we could make an amalgamation of multiple kingdom parks as our The Magic Kingdom, not just based off Florida? And we could use other parks too as other levels as long as we start in the Magic Kingdom?

kmbmw777

Okay! I love what we’ve been talking about so far. So if I hear it right we have the five lands kind of becoming respective states with completely unique characters/missions, but you can travel between them.

Random, thought - can we have a hub world, where perhaps a senate of representatives meets in order to make laws for land (2 per province) and then Mickey and friends can be sort of like the executive/kingly government deity.

Also a story idea, is that Mickey has gone missing - kidnapped by the evil forces. You spend the first part of the game searching for him, because you, the player, have a psychic bond with Mickey. Maybe even incorporate some time travel to find him (Meet the Robinson). Then later you work with him and such.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
-Brainstorming Recap: Day 1-

Quick recap of what we have so far.

-Plot-
A villain (or group of villains) is trying to control dream power to take over the dream Magic Kingdom. So they kidnap The Dreamfinder. Figment finds a "dreamer" to help save the day. Figment then acts as a sidekick/Navi type character.
Another plot idea, similar set up, but it is Mickey that has been kidnapped and he becomes the sidekick character after we rescue him.
Nothing set in stone.

-Hero-
General consensus is custom character designed like the Sims and customized with costume pieces (like Mario Odyssey) from different characters and settings.

-Villain-

Maleficent is the obvious choice, but possibly over done in media already.
Chernabog is an options, but his size/quiet demeanor probably make him better served as either the main villain pulling the strings behind the scenes or some muscle for a main villain.
And original villain is also a possibility.

-Setting-
The Magic Kingdom. An amalgamation of the different kingdom parks to create a Breath of the Wild style open world adventure.
Multiple parks was also brought up, but the consensus so far is to focus on one big park.

-Other Details-
Possible S.E.A. subplot of connection.
Possible council/government with representatives from the different lands and Mickey as the head.
Possible secret level/dlc based on never made/extinct attractions.
Possible side mission involving collecting autographs from every character around the park.

Am I missing anything?
This is just a bit of a recap of the ideas we have so far to help us keep track. Let's keep hearing different and new ideas!

kmbmw777

-Brainstorming Recap: Day 1-

Quick recap of what we have so far.​

-Plot-​

A villain (or group of villains) is trying to control dream power to take over the dream Magic Kingdom. So they kidnap The Dreamfinder. Figment finds a "dreamer" to help save the day. Figment then acts as a sidekick/Navi type character.​

Another plot idea, similar set up, but it is Mickey that has been kidnapped and he becomes the sidekick character after we rescue him.​

Nothing set in stone.​

-Hero-​

General consensus is custom character designed like the Sims and customized with costume pieces (like Mario Odyssey) from different characters and settings.​

-Villain-​

Maleficent is the obvious choice, but possibly over done in media already.​

Chernabog is an options, but his size/quiet demeanor probably make him better served as either the main villain pulling the strings behind the scenes or some muscle for a main villain.​

And original villain is also a possibility.​

-Setting-​

The Magic Kingdom. An amalgamation of the different kingdom parks to create a Breath of the Wild style open world adventure.​

Multiple parks was also brought up, but the consensus so far is to focus on one big park.​

-Other Details-​

Possible S.E.A. subplot of connection.​

Possible council/government with representatives from the different lands and Mickey as the head.​

Possible secret level/dlc based on never made/extinct attractions.​

Possible side mission involving collecting autographs from every character around the park.​

Am I missing anything?​

This is just a bit of a recap of the ideas we have so far to help us keep track. Let's keep hearing different and new ideas!
This is great! I was just thinking that we could literally make Breath of the Wild with Mickey as Link, Minnie as Zelda, rides as shrines, and Chernabog as Gannon, but that seems too cheap. BotW is just so good though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom