Purists vs. Innovators "Virtually Magic Kingdoms" Open Brainstorming (Team Innovators)

D Hulk

27954978779_420b05e39b_o_d.jpg

The map evolves. Larger icons. Labels for some of the world's areas added. Created a drawing of the submarines. Thoughts?

DisneyManOne

Here's an amateurish sketch I drew for the King Louie dance-off.

IMG_3628.JPG

I traced the characters by taking clip art from Disneyclips.com; and blowing them up to the appropriate size on PowerPoint; then tracing them by placing the paper against my laptop screen.

What do you think? If you want me to do something similar for some of the other characters, let me know!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Making some progress on autographs. I'm only doing pictures about 5-10 per land, but with focus of doing them like this instead of just a list. If I have time I'll do more.

main street autographs.png

It's not perfect, but it's there. Feed back would be great. What do you guys think? Should I be including anything else here? Anything I don't need to include? Any characters you want to especially make sure I do on future lands?

Attachments

• main street autographs.png
    main street autographs.png
    340.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, what currency are we using to buy stuff from stores? I'm gonna suggest Pixie Dust. Just something simple, but would look pretty exploding out of defeated enemies.

And for health items, maybe park foods? Like popcorn, Mickey pretzels, turkey legs, and ice cream bars.

Do we have any items besides health items as consumables? I saw magic was done with a cool down timer, so we don't need stuff to replenish mana. Do we even want items other than food or should we just keep it simple?

What do you all think?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
These ideas and cards all seem good to me, Pi. Only extra thing I can think of for items would be something like FastPasses, and I’m not sure what they’d do in-game.

This game already seems pretty well fleshed out for half a week’s work. :joyfull:
Yeah, honestly at this point it is mostly just about presentations and the last details like health items, and if the pause menu is some sort of tablet or just a menu, and such, We pretty much have this done haha

Honestly, the last thing we really need to decide that isn't just working on the presentation is the layout the controls. What button does what. And that should be simple since we already know how the game is basically played.

My basic thoughts

B jump
Y Close Range attack
A/X/R spells
Arrow Buttons to use items
ZR to shoot generic long range magic attack (a basic spell not connected to cards)
Hold ZL to aim for long range attacks
Tap L to block
Hold L to dodge/roll
- to talk to Figment (get descriptions of the area you're in and hint of currently selected mission)
+ to open menu.

Something like this.

Last edited:

D Hulk

Oh right, here's another updated area list made while doing the map, because the two go hand-in-hand. Mostly just a few modified location names, and I moved Storybook Circus into Toontown to give TT a little more oomph.

MAIN STREET U.S.A.
The Esplanade
Courthouse Square
Central Main Street
The Hub

ADVENTURELAND
Adventureland Outpost – The land’s main town town/hub area
Agrabah
Tiki Isles
Jungle Cruise Rivers
Lost Temple Valley – Indy area
Pirate Cove
New Orleans Square

FRONTIERLAND
Frontierland Town – The land’s main town town/hub area
Rivers of America
Tom Sawyer Island
Chickapin County
Big Thunder Mountain Range
Nature’s Wilderness

LIBERTY SQUARE
Liberty Square Village – The land’s main town town/hub area
Gracy Estate – Haunted Mansion area
Sleepy Hollow

FANTASYLAND
Castle Courtyard – The land’s main town town/hub area
Princess Fairytale Countryside – Snow White & the other princesses
Pinocchio’s Pleasure Island
Peter Pan’s Neverland
Small World Waterways
Belle’s Enchanted Forest
Ariel’s Coastline
Toad Estate
Alice’s Wonderland
Hundred Acre Wood
Matterhorn Alps

TOONTOWN
Downtown Toontown – The land’s main town town/hub area
Toontown Hills
Storybook Circus

TOMORROWLAND
Tomorrowland Civic Center – The land’s main town town/hub area
Spaceport One – For Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter, PeopleMover, etc.
Autopia Interstate
Submarine Lagoon
The Digital Frontier - TRON

DisneyManOne

Oh right, here's another updated area list made while doing the map, because the two go hand-in-hand. Mostly just a few modified location names, and I moved Storybook Circus into Toontown to give TT a little more oomph.

MAIN STREET U.S.A.
The Esplanade
Courthouse Square
Central Main Street
The Hub

ADVENTURELAND
Adventureland Outpost – The land’s main town town/hub area
Agrabah
Tiki Isles
Jungle Cruise Rivers
Lost Temple Valley – Indy area
Pirate Cove
New Orleans Square

FRONTIERLAND
Frontierland Town – The land’s main town town/hub area
Rivers of America
Tom Sawyer Island
Chickapin County
Big Thunder Mountain Range
Nature’s Wilderness

LIBERTY SQUARE
Liberty Square Village – The land’s main town town/hub area
Gracy Estate – Haunted Mansion area
Sleepy Hollow

FANTASYLAND
Castle Courtyard – The land’s main town town/hub area
Princess Fairytale Countryside – Snow White & the other princesses
Pinocchio’s Pleasure Island
Peter Pan’s Neverland
Small World Waterways
Belle’s Enchanted Forest
Ariel’s Coastline
Toad Estate
Alice’s Wonderland
Hundred Acre Wood
Matterhorn Alps

TOONTOWN
Downtown Toontown – The land’s main town town/hub area
Toontown Hills
Storybook Circus

TOMORROWLAND
Tomorrowland Civic Center – The land’s main town town/hub area
Spaceport One – For Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter, PeopleMover, etc.
Autopia Interstate
Submarine Lagoon
The Digital Frontier - TRON

Would the Castle Courtyard feature the Fantasyland characters that don't have their own sub-land? If so, maybe we could add set pieces from those films to the area (Merlin's house, Quasimodo's bell tower, etc.).

D Hulk

Would the Castle Courtyard feature the Fantasyland characters that don't have their own sub-land? If so, maybe we could add set pieces from those films to the area (Merlin's house, Quasimodo's bell tower, etc.).
Oh indeed it could. Was imagining the Castle Courtyard being where we find Philharmagic, the carousel, all the castle stuff. There're so, so many Fantasyland characters, it's unfeasible to create a massive area for each of them. (Can picture Merlin making a workshop in the castle's basement area, Quasimodo way up in its belfries, etc.)

D Hulk

Yeah, honestly at this point it is mostly just about presentations and the last details like health items, and if the pause menu is some sort of tablet or just a menu, and such, We pretty much have this done haha
Hello my friends! :p

As said, we have a ton of collective work done on this game, and individuals working out their unique special details. What are we doing now for the final presentation? For compiling everything together as a cohesive whole? :geek:

tcool123

@Pionmycake loving the autographs, great work :D

Hello my friends! :p

As said, we have a ton of collective work done on this game, and individuals working out their unique special details. What are we doing now for the final presentation? For compiling everything together as a cohesive whole? :geek:
I think a post in the forum should be good, or shouldwe attempt to get a website up and running. I can do so towards the weekend on Friday/Saturday

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom